|Nether Wart Block||Red Nether Brick|
|Nether Wart||Nether Wart||Nether Wart||None||None||None|
|Nether Wart||Nether Wart||Nether Wart||None||Nether Wart||Nether Brick|
|Nether Wart||Nether Wart||Nether Wart||None||Nether Brick||Nether Wart|
Nether wart is critical for the brewing of the awkward potion, which is used in the base of almost all potions. It's required to brew all potions, other than potions of weakness, from scratch. Cleric villagers will buy Nether wart in exchange for emeralds.
Considering that nether wart is essential in order to brew nearly all types of potions, it's wise for players to set up a farming operation in order to easily obtain their brewing ingredients. Like all other crops, the growing time is randomized. Bonemeal may not be used on it to make it grow. When harvested at its mature state, it will drop 2 to 4 nether wart. The Nether wart will only grow in soul sand, but the block of sand can be located anywhere in the Overworld, the Nether, or the End if a player places it there. The plant does not require sunlight or water to grow, only time.
- Nether wart could previously be used to breed chickens, as it was classified as a type of seed. This was removed in 1.8 The Bountiful Update.
- The amount of nether wart dropped from mature crops can be affected by the Fortune enchantment.
- Their name in the code is "tile.netherStalkSeeds."
- Water poured on nether wart in the Overworld will dislodge the plant from the soul sand, making it easy to collect the Nether wart in mass.
- Before 1.3.1, Nether wart would only grow if it was planted in the Nether.