|Catches fire from lava||
Nether quartz ore can generate in the Nether in the form of blobs. Nether quartz ore attempts to replace netherrack 16 times per chunk in blobs of size 0-24, from levels 10 to 117, in all Nether biomes except basalt deltas. In basalt deltas, Nether quartz ore attempts to generate 32 times per chunk as there are fewer valid generation areas.
|Block||Nether Quartz Ore|
- Times are for unenchanted tools as wielded by players with no status effects, measured in seconds. For more information, see Breaking § Speed.
|Nether Quartz||Nether Quartz Ore +
Nether quartz ore can be placed under note blocks to produce "bass drum" sounds.
|Sound||Subtitles||Source||Description||Resource location||Translation key||Volume||Pitch||Attenuation|
|Block broken||Blocks||Once the block has broken||1.0||?||16|
|None[sound 1]||Blocks||Falling on the block with fall damage||None[sound 1]||0.5||?||16|
|Block breaking||Blocks||While the block is in the process of being broken||0.25||?||16|
|Block placed||Blocks||When the block is placed||1.0||?||16|
|Footsteps||Blocks||Walking on the block||0.15||?||16|
|Name||Identifier||Form||Block tags||Translation key|
|Nether Quartz Ore||Block & Item|
|Name||Identifier||Numeric ID||Form||Item ID[i 1]||Translation key|
|Nether Quartz Ore||Block & Giveable Item[i 2]||Identical[i 3]|
- ID of block's direct item form, which is used in savegame files and addons.
- Available with
- The block's direct item form has the same id with the block.
|1.5||13w01a||Added Nether quartz ore.|
|Nether quartz ore drops Nether quartz.|
|13w01b||Nether quartz ore can now be smelted in a furnace to make Nether quartz.|
|1.13||17w47a||The ID of Nether quartz ore has now has been changed from |
|Prior to The Flattening, this block's numeral ID was 153.|
|Texture Update||?||A new texture for nether quartz ore has been proposed.|
|1.14||18w43a||The texture of Nether quartz ore has been changed.|
|18w50a||The texture of Nether quartz ore has been changed, once again.|
|1.16||20w06a||Nether quartz ore now has unique sounds.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|v0.12.1||build 1||Added Nether quartz ore.|
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||The texture of Nether quartz ore has been changed.|
|1.16.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Nether quartz ore now have unique sounds.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU14||CU1||1.04||Patch 1||1.0.1||Added Nether quartz ore.|
|1.90||The texture of Nether quartz ore has been changed.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|
|0.1.0||Added Nether quartz ore.|
- Nether quartz ore has the same blast resistance as other ores (except ancient debris, which is fully blast resistant), which is more than the quartz block and netherrack combined.
- The vast quantities of easily available Nether quartz ore in the Nether, combined with the relatively large quantity of experience gained from digging it, make Nether quartz mining a relatively fast way to level up in Minecraft without dedicated experience farms. Breaking one Nether quartz ore provides 3.5 experience points on average, so breaking about 100 of them raises the player from level 0 to 16, and about 400 from level 0 to 30.
- Nether quartz ore is generated as part of the dimension, while netherrack is generated as part of the biome.[Java Edition only]
- This can be seen, as when a Buffet world with the nether biome is generated, there is netherrack but no quartz ore.
- In Bedrock Edition, if the Nether is generated in the Overworld as a biome, neither netherrack nor Nether quartz ore is generated, but the terrain is completely made out of stone with bedrock ceiling.