|Date of birth||
July 23, 1991 (age 30)
|Bug tracker profile|
|— Marc Watson|
Nathan 'Dinnerbone' Adams is a technical director at Mojang Studios who worked on Java and Bedrock editions, and its launcher. A member of the Bukkit team, Adams was hired by Mojang on February 28, 2012 to develop the mod API. His first day at the Mojang office was March 27, 2012, shortly before the first development snapshots for version Java Edition 1.3.1.
A common trope attributed to Dinnerbone is that he is commonly displayed as being upside-down. His Twitter avatar is flipped and his user model, as well as any mob named "Dinnerbone", is rendered upside-down.
In October 2015, he announced that he would be "taking a break from Minecraft PC development for a few months." Later, in February 2016, he further elaborated that though he would continue on other projects at Mojang, he had left the Minecraft team. During this time, he worked on the 2017 native launcher. On February 6, 2017, Dinnerbone confirmed he had rejoined the Minecraft team.
Nathan Adams is originally from Shrewsbury, United Kingdom. He says he learned programming through creating MSN bots at age 10. After finishing secondary school, Dinnerbone was rejected from college, so he found a job with a tiny web development company, but was made redundant after a few years. Shortly after starting Bukkit, Dinnerbone was hired by Curse where he worked until joining Mojang. Aleksandra Zajac (MissMarzenia) is his fiancée. He announced on August 24, 2016 that he and Aleksandra were expecting a baby boy. The baby was later born on October 2, 2016.
- Dinnerbone is red-green colorblind, the most common type of colorblindness.
- This reason is why rubies were replaced by Emeralds as the primary currency for the game.
- Dinnerbone's username is a tribute to an old friend of his named Teabone (T-bone).
- Dinnerbone's favorite color is blue, his favorite foods are lasagna and pizza, and his "guilty pleasure" is milkshakes.
- Dinnerbone hates fish and ketchup.
- Dinnerbone does not drink alcohol.
- If the player names any mob with a name tag with the name "Dinnerbone", the mob flips upside down. This naturally extends to himself. A similar effect is applied when naming a mob "Grumm".
- Dinnerbone could sometimes be found on the MindCrack server with other famous YouTubers.
- Dinnerbone was a member of the popular Hermitcraft server during its early days.
Adams' Minecraft skin.
- Nathan's Minecraft wiki name automatically changed from "Dinnerbone" to "Dinnerbone-gpuser" during the Fandom account merge.
- "Achievement get: First person to have multiple Minecraft games on his Mojang account. dinnerbone.com/media/uploads…" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, July 16, 2013
- "Learned how to edit the Minecraft wiki. Am I doing it right?" – @Marc_IRL on Twitter, June 18, 2012
- "Arrived at Mojang HQ and did the awkward handshake dance with @notch and some other mojangsters" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, March 7, 2012
- "So I'm thinking it's time for me to actually have a real Minecraft skin, and not this silly upside down one. To the pixelmakingmachine!" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, September 30, 2012
- "Things I've learned this week: Turn your avatar upside down, and you'll get lots of messages from helpful people pointing it out to you." – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, September 13, 2013
- "After that I'm taking a break from Minecraft PC development for a few months. I will be focusing on the new launcher & other cool projects!" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, October 15, 2015
- "@half_decent I don't work on Minecraft anymore :)" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, February 19, 2016
- "Spent today moving desks at Mojang... Oh hey, I'm rejoining the Minecraft PC team! It's been so long, so much has changed!" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, February 6, 2017
- "@Evangeder @KebabuTurka My fiancee, @MissMarzenia, is polish :)" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, May 7, 2013
- "Lots of people asking why I won't be going to Minecon. It's because I'll be too busy learning how to use these!" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, August 24, 2016
- "(It's gonna be a boy. If it were a girl, it'd be "Wednesday Adams" no question.)" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, August 24, 2016
- "@XxzJackozxX I once, long ago when I was new to the whole interwebs thing, knew a cool guy named Teabone. I took this name in respect to him" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, September 19, 2012
- "My guilty pleasure is milkshakes. I love milkshakes. Today I went to go get a nice strawberry milkshake at this new place that opened near me. They accidentally used ketchup instead of strawberry jam and oh my gosh do I hate ketchup. What a mistake to make! 🤢" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, December 1, 2018
- "@PoiPoiChen Just minecraft fishing mechanic. Not real fishing! I hate fish. :(" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, August 4, 2013
- "@DisBeJosh I don't drink. :(" – @Dinnerbone on Twitter, February 22, 2014