Possible CC license violation
Standard disclaimer: I am not a lawyer. This post is not legal advice.
The templates for Blender provided in this entire section are intended solely for use in the Minecraft Wiki and are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license. The "intended solely for use in the Minecraft Wiki" may not be compatible with the specified CC license. Specifically, it either is just information about what site the templates were made for (in which case the sentence should be worded differently), or an additional restriction on the use of the templates, which contradicts Section 4(a) of the CC license, specifically, the following provision:
You may not offer or impose any terms on the Work that restrict the terms of this License or the ability of the recipient of the Work to exercise the rights granted to that recipient under the terms of the License.
In addition, presence of both the CC license template and the Mojang license template on render file pages may not be acceptable. The renders are based on both the model (CC-licensed) and Mojang-copyrighted textures (special license or fair use, in either case most likely not compatible with CC BY-NC-SA 3.0). I have been informed on the Slack community that the Mojang license, if more restrictive, takes priority. This may mean CC license templates on render file pages should be removed. --AttemptToCallNil (report bug, view backtrace) 17:20, 22 June 2018 (UTC)
- ITechieGamer translated that text from the German wiki; I'm not sure who the original author of the text and Blender templates is. If they can be identified and agree to remove the exclusivity clause, that should resolve the first issue. -- Orthotopetalk 19:50, 22 June 2018 (UTC)
Is it possible to get an isometric render with Blockbench?
I don't like to use mods, nor is the mod needed updated to 18w50a. But I do have a 3D modeling software designed for Minecraft called Blockbench (https://blockbench.net), so is it possible to get an standardized isometric render with this program?
Update tutorials for Blender 2.8
Certain steps and images don't make as much sense in Blender 2.8. It might be because I'm new to this, but I followed the instructions as close I could, and it's still not working. Even if I am just new, the images could still use updating. -PancakeIdentity (talk) 03:18, 25 October 2019 (UTC)
No worked by Blender 2.8 Trollebas (talk) 18:14, 26 April 2020 (UTC)
Add templates for 1.14 and 1.15 blocks
Item Model Generator
- Items are not rendered in isometric view, but sure - go ahead, it will be usefull as general tool I think. Oakar567 (talk) 17:10, 4 May 2020 (UTC)
Mine-imator useful for Isometric views?
As the topic title asks, do you think Mine-imator is suitable for Isometric views, provided one has the dedication to utilize it? As an example, I created an Isometric view of the Snowy Cartography building. Reckon this is any good for the related pages, such as Structure Blueprints? The Nightmare Tank (talk)
- Lighting seems different to actual in-game one, also looks like this is perpective, not isometric camera view. Oakar567 (talk) 22:41, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
- The software uses lighting based off Minecraft's, as far as I know. Even has a night-and-day system. It could be me not configuring that properly which is responsible for that. I also of course need to find the sweet spot for Isometrics. Easier said than done for this structure, since its roof veils most of its appearance from this angle. Probably not the best structure choice to do it justice. The Nightmare Tank (talk) 23:07, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
- Update to this. Got an actual isometric view, after a load of messing around and looking one or two things up. I dunno about you, but there seems to be a seaming issue (And a small bit of z-fighting). But I can't be certain if this is simply because of the size of the structure in question, or not. Like, if I were to do this with a smaller structure, would this still be a thing? The Nightmare Tank (talk) 08:51, 6 May 2020 (UTC)
I'm making a isometric renderer for block models and was wondering how I would be able to get the correct lighting BayYouGoon (talk) 11:27, 11 August 2020 (UTC)
How to achieve above 1.13?
- Blockbench should work --BayYouGoon (talk) 16:43, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
- There's Mineshot project for 1.15: mineshot-revived. Oakar567 (talk) 16:57, 6 September 2020 (UTC)
Someone made a shaderpack for orthographic rendering in the new snapshots: https://github.com/onnowhere/core_shaders/releases Here's a demonstration video: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/507995770109165579/828668927038455828/OrthoShader.mp4 I think this could be used to create these "standardised views" directly in the game. Fabian42 (talk) 06:41, 6 April 2021 (UTC)