- Please sign your posts with four tildes (~). I'm working on it. --Spy227X 14:02, 3 September 2012 (UTC)
How is this page different?
1) How are these pages treated differently from user-space or user-talk pages?
2) Similarly, How is the auto-generated "user sandbox" page (linked above), different from any other user-space page? ETA: I note that the link produces a page with lower-cased name, unlike pretty much all the real pages. Even when ultradude moved my first attempt at a user sandbox, he left it with a capitalized page name.
Is this just a playground for the nameless IPers? --Mental Mouse 11:27, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
- 1)They aren't, but they're treated as collaborating projects, which userspaces by their very definition are not. it's got the safety of a userspace, with collaboration.
- 2)They are for you, personally. They can be used for nearly anything you'd want to use them for. --Kizzycocoa 21:22, 26 November 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, so I probably should have started the Anvil Mechanics rewrite over here -- but hey, Opaquer and I have been happily collaborating in my userspace. --Mental Mouse 14:07, 27 November 2012 (UTC)
I don't get it...
What, exactly, is this project's purpose? --220.127.116.11 16:54, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- Well I don't f*cking know either. I'll probably ask the mods or something. L2 A Six (talk) 16:46, 8 April 2021 (UTC)
WHAT DOES IT MEAN????!!!?!?!?
- To test edits. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 15:13, 22 September 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Post update questions
Two questions about the new sandbox usage since the rewrite:
- Are users still allowed to create subpages as a free wiki project, such as a page rewrite, or are we going to require them to use a personal sandbox for that?
- Do we still the the deletion log (MCW:Sandbox/Deletion Log) since the sandbox no longer is for page proposals? The pages that were deleted all violate current notability (except one which would simply be a tutorial), so listing it hardly seems useful, even as an archive.
- The sandbox can be used for anything as long as it's not a violation of the Mojang/Minecraft or Curse TOS; strictly speaking the rules "should" apply here too, but given the sandbox's purpose I don't see much reason to actively enforce them for the most part. That means, if people want to continue using the sandbox (or subpages of it) to propose new pages or rewrites or whatever, they're free to do that, but they should no longer count on any such work remaining indefinitely, especially if it's done directly on the main sandbox page.
- I don't really have anything to say about the deletion log. If others think it should remain here, it might as well, though I could also see it being moved elsewhere or simply deleted. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 01:08, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
- For the most part, assuming the sandbox is emptied every once in a while, the only rules I see it needs to follow are #1, #3, and #5 (or Minecraft TOS, no harassment/insults, and no advertising). As for the subpages, it might be worth noting that those can be created, but will be deleted if there is no related activity for too long. –KnightMiner · (t) 04:12, 3 May 2015 (UTC)
- It might be helpful to state that subpages are allowed on the header, basically so anons know its allowed. Something like "Subpages of this page are allowed to be created for longer projects, such as an article proposal or testing changes to a template, though they will be deleted if there is not a lot of activity for a while." Activity would basically be defined as edits to the page or a discussion related to implementing the page. –KnightMiner · (t) 03:32, 15 May 2015 (UTC)
Many users have made subsections of their user sandbox such as User:PepijnMC/sandbox/Tutorials/Creating an advancement. Pls how do you do this??? --MishMoshKeel21 (talk) 12:58, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
- You probably just create the subpage you want, like any other page. For example, User:MishMoshKeel21/sandbox/Stuff/thing. -22.214.171.124 16:33, 25 December 2017 (UTC)
i do not know why is sandbox here
yeah I just wachted the sand box file and is didn't get it can please make me understand.thanks Simeon a minecraft lover--Simoneloeclan (talk) 18:26, 24 April 2020 (UTC)
there should be a bot that reqularly cleans the sandbox, maybe once every 2 hours?126.96.36.199 18:49, 20 November 2020 (UTC) every 2 hours i like it. :) please.16:58, 21 July 2020 (UTC) naaaaa no bot i'll do it. --