Minecraft Wiki is an online source of information about the video game Minecraft and related subjects. The wiki can be edited by anyone and is governed by the consensus of its users, derived by argument-supported, civil collaboration between them. Minecraft Wiki has a set of rules all editors should normally follow.
- Anything that is against the and/or is not allowed on the wiki, no matter what.
- Do not vandalize, spam, or edit disruptively.
- Keep your behavior civil and assume good faith. Do not harass, stalk, or insult anyone. Address the action, not the person behind it.
- Avoid misleading readers and other editors. Make sure your contributions to articles are verifiable. Do not add speculation, parody content, or hoaxes to articles.
- Do not advertise any fan communities or servers. Articles should not contain information about or links to fan communities except in cited references.
- Do not copy content from other sources, including those that discuss Minecraft. If you believe there is a legitimate need to use some copyrighted image as a fair use file, mark it as such.
- Do not link or embed external videos in articles, unless there is no other way to demonstrate the phenomenon, or the video is official. For more details, see the video policy.
- The wiki is not a file-hosting service. If an uploaded file is not integrated into a useful page soon after the upload, it may be deleted without notice. Uploading images for your userspace is allowed.
- Accounts with offensive, misleading, or otherwise inappropriate usernames may be blocked indefinitely.
- Abuse of multiple accounts for block evasion or other circumvention of policy may result in these accounts being indefinitely blocked.
- An editor may have more than one account only if all accounts used by the editor are clearly marked.
- Conversely, each account should only be used by one person. If a group or organization wishes to edit on-wiki, each individual member that will be editing needs to create their own account.
Articles in the "User" namespace are exempt from rules 4, 5, and 7. If you are not sure whether something is acceptable, please ask on the community portal.
|Rules and guidelines|