You NEED Rollback rights on this wiki before you can apply to be an administrator.
We won't be accepting bureaucrat requests at this time, as we have three bureaucrats.
In exceptional circumstances a 100% vote will be needed from all active bureaucrats.
(For examples, see the archive of previous requests)
Users can request admin rights for themselves, or nominate other users (though the candidate must accept the nomination). One or more administrators will decide whether or not the candidate is ideal. If a vote passes, a bureaucrat will adjust the user rights accordingly. Input from any member of the Minecraft Wiki community is welcome, as information from these discussions can help to make a better-informed decision.
Bureaucrat rights can be requested by users who are already administrators. However, these requests are only accepted by other bureaucrats, since only they have enough experience in what is required of the role.
Sysop rights may be applied at any time, while bureaucrats are only created if another one is good to have or needed. Keep in mind that bureaucrat tools are no different from sysop tools, other than more access to user rights management, which is not used very often.
Revoking Administrator Rights
Users may also request an administrator's rights be revoked (and rights may be removed by a bureaucrat immediately), if a current administrator...
- abuses his/her powers
- has been inactive for a long period of time (several weeks or months)
- has not shown any use for the tools
- has shown behavior unacceptable for an administrator.
(If the admin in question is a bureaucrat, Wikia staff can be asked to remove them).
Rules and Regulations
As Minecraft Wiki gets more traffic, and thus more editing activity, more administrators come in handy to keep maintenance during all hours. You may request administrator permissions below, but it is important to keep in mind a few things:
For sysop requests:
- You must be experienced with this particular wiki, and preferably other wikis.
- You must already have Rollback rights on this wiki, and have a reasonable amount of experience as a rollback.
- You must be fluent in our editing policies, Manual of Style, and other guidelines which make the wiki run smoothly.
- Your contributions must be of good quality (quality over quantity).
- You must provide reasoning why you would be a good administrator, and why you require the enhanced tools.
For bureaucrat requests:
- You must have experience as a sysop administrator on this wiki already.
- You must have a considerable (and positive) contribution history on this wiki, and be a trusted member of the community. Bureaucrat tools can damage an entire wiki, when in the wrong hands.
Please place the requests under this line:
Hello, as you may know, I am AzCoy7. I am currently a discussions moderator and rollback on the wiki, and I am enjoying my time so far. Here are some reasons I would like to be an administrator:
- I have 2,000+ edits (if that's enough)
- I already have rollback rights
- I was the first and currently I am the only user with moderator and/or moderator-related rights, so I do have some experience being (kind of) a staff member.
- I am active 24/7 (not literally)
If you reject this request, that will be fine, but please give me feedback. If you have any questions, please reply to this.
Thank you for considering this,
- Dont interpret this as a negative response or anything, but the admin request guidelines mention:
- "You must provide reasoning why you would be a good administrator, and why you require the enhanced tools."
- Could you expand your application a bit to comment on that aspect of being an administrator?
- Sitb (Message wall / Talk page) 18:36, September 19, 2019 (UTC)
- - Sorry about that! Here is my reason:
- I think I would be a good/suitable administrator for this wiki because recently, I have reverted vandalism, helped out some users with technical issues, and have carefully moderated the discussions everyday. These are my three key reasons why I may become a good administrator.
- I think I may require enhanced tools because I'd like to use them to block vandals, instead of manually having to contact an administrator and/or bureaucrat.
- Sitb, if you need more application, please feel free to ask.
- - AzCoy7 😉 [Rollback and Discussions Moderator] (talk) 02:25, September 21, 2019 (UTC)
- Administrators will occasionally have to talk to other users, whether it is because the user is doing something wrong or because we need to plan a new feature. As I see it, the "provide reasoning why you would be a good administrator" requirement is based on that point, although there are numerous other ways to see it (and I am happy to explain a lot more on my stance, but not on this application page). However, having read some of the positve and constructive posts you have made, I do not need to see you provide reasoning in this application beyond the basics. I say you are qualified for the job, and you have a yes vote from me. SLScool (message wall) 05:41, September 21, 2019 (UTC)
- [ Reply by AzCoy7 - Thank you, SLScool! ]
- Just thought I would give my input. I support you becoming an admin. ~ where have I been? 17:55, September 22, 2019 (UTC)
- Now that you have provided the specific reasons, I most definitely vote Yes!
- Like I said before, I realized about the quick time for the admin rights, because I have the admin on 3 months.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! -AzCoy7