For further info, see the issues notice page.
Do not delete this page, any issues currently being recorded are purely for archiving purposes.
- 1 Crashing/System
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 Blocks
- 4 Items
- 5 Redstone Logic
- 6 World Generator
- 7 Mobs/NPC/Animals
- 8 Graphical/Lighting
- 9 Sounds
- 10 Menus
- 11 In-Game interfaces/HUD
- 12 Chat/Commands
- 13 Language/Text Files
- 14 References
[!!] [SP] [Su] Rarely, breaking a block in survival will cause the game (and the computer) to freeze, requiring a reboot. The first time this happened, my save file was unaffected, but the second time I had level corruption. (Speaking of which, if anyone can give me a hand with recovering a corrupt save file in this snapshot, that would be appreciated.) I am running LWJGL 2.8.3, am using an ATI mobile graphics card, and am using FGLRX graphics drivers.-- 05:42, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Is their a crash report in your .minecraft directory that you can post? Also, since you're on linux, you should be able to run your minecraft.jar from the command line next time and watch out for errors being printed to the console. I'm a bit surprised that you need to reboot your computer. AFAIK java programs shouldn't be able to interfere with the system like that. i.e. if the java program crashes, you can always retrieve focus of your window manager. In linux's case check out this guide -- 09:38, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm experiencing the same, and it is not that rare. Everytime i place a torch and then i try to remove it (by clicking on the left button of the mouse), the game crashes. This happened to me also when i tryied to remove planted saplings and lilipads. One of these crashes: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/39662901/crash-2012-06-07_12.34.55.txt -- 12:14, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[!!] [SP] Minecraft randomly frezzes up (closed using task manager so no crash report, even in .minecraft), Started minecraft, clicked singleplayer( creative, cheats, bonus, seed 12w22a ), loaded world, started flying, stopped flying, stayed in mid-air, opened inventory, tried to click on a item, then noticed that nothing will move, cpu 31%. Chunks were still generating. Java 6. Lwjgl same as 1.2.5. Win 7 64 bit windows 32 bit java. Offline mode. 11:44, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- this might be the same problem i have probaly the reload and creating chunks 11:48, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is not a useful bug report. Can you at least post a crash report from a freeze or provide more details? The report will be removed otherwise. -- 12:06, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think it like the one i submitted it could be a mermory leak by reloading/creating the chunks 13:41, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- I have the same problem since I downloaded 12w22a. With 1.2.5 this is not a problem, but every time I go onto a world, about 5 minutes go by and my client stops responding even though I can still hear sounds, and my mouse pops up when I go to the inventory or pause screens. This is not the same problem as the below report, because I'm on a high-end gaming computer which is more than qualified to run a server. -- 9:29, 6 June 2012
[!] [SP] Since the single player server update (12w18a ahead) single player is unplayable at low-end computers (32-bit processors and less than 2 GB of RAM which would be playable at 20 fps in previous versions). I'm able to play for at most 10 minutes before world stops responding. -- 21:33, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- This could be related to the bug above. -- 10:52, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- No, this is due having a computer not powerful enough to host a server. -- 17:58, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- No, this is due having low-end computer to run client AND server running simultaneously 21:26, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is due to you having a low end computer and using a pre release version of the game which may not have optimized coding. This is not a bug in that there is anything wrong with the game it is more of an annoyance for lower end computers.
[!] [SP] [?] Map changes are not saved when you quit -- 16:58, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- This clearly doesn't happen all the time because it hasn't happened to me yet. Anyone else had this? -- 12:11, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Not on my world map, no. Haven't experimented with the map item yet. Would the original poster mind clarifying which was meant? -- 15:32, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oh I see. I immediately thought it meant world changes, but the term map is not really used in that context. -- 16:09, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- So I crafted a map, had a little walk around with it for a bit and then quit the world. On relog and viewing the map it had to reload its picture again but the changes were saved. Not sure what the behaviour was before. Did maps always have to reload their picture after quitting? -- 16:16, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- I ment world changes. if you explore out somewhere and then quit right away the new parts will be missing if you look at it with an eternal world viewer. it also causes the player to spawn in nothing when you come back. -- 19:14, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- I recognized that sometimes destroyed Farmland turns back to farmland by itself. -- 15:53, 5 June 2012 (UTC)kranseier
[!] [Su] Melon stalks will crash the game when destroyed, seems to be true of unattached and attached melon stalks (as of 12w23a) at all growth stages. --BradoBunny 12:04, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [!!] AWT on SMP error regardless of nogui flag. Takes about five minutes to happen, then the server becomes unresponsive.
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Don't be sad, have a hug! <3 Time: 5/31/12 9:07 AM Description: Exception in server tick loop java.lang.InternalError: Can't connect to window server - not enough permissions. at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1824) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1725) at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822) at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:993) at sun.security.action.LoadLibraryAction.run(LoadLibraryAction.java:50) at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method) at sun.awt.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraries(NativeLibLoader.java:38) at sun.awt.DebugHelper.<clinit>(DebugHelper.java:29) at java.awt.Component.<clinit>(Component.java:562) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(SourceFile:711) at ro.a(SourceFile:223) at aaw.b(SourceFile:89) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.n(SourceFile:346) at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:279) at cp.run(SourceFile:448) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w22a - Operating System: Mac OS X (ppc) version 10.5.8 - Java Version: 1.5.0_30, Apple Inc. - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc. - Memory: 963657408 bytes (919 MB) / 1061814272 bytes (1012 MB) up to 1061814272 bytes (1012 MB) - Player Count: 0 / 15;  - World ironshortage Entities: 0 total;  - World ironshortage Players: 0 total;  - World ironshortage Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 0 Drop: 0
- Note, prior to 12w16a, SMP worked fine on the same platform. --
- Thanks, fixed. /jeb_
[F] [!!] Minecraft crashes with "Internal Server Error" when attempting to destroy an Ender Crystal with an exploding bed. When relogged, the crystal is gone and the bed is dropped as an item. A similar situation occurs with TNT. It explodes then locks up the world. Upon relogging the crystal is gone.
- Can you post a crash report if you can find one? -- 10:52, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [!] A bug occurs that causes Minecraft to use up more memory - might be a memory leak. Evidence: 
- Can confirm. Allocated memory doesnt decrease while switching worlds. -- 19:00, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yes there was a memory leak. Fixed it, I hope! /jeb_
[F] [X] Keybinding for reloading chunks ("F") activates even if "F" is bound to another key. -- 02:49, 1 June 2012 (UTC) (Edited for conciseness by author.)
- (Merged Duplicate) The world is re-rendered every time inventory is opened. -- 12:35, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Is your inventory key 'F' by any chance? - 12:48, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, that would explain it, except Fog Distance was remapped to F3+F, so it's still a bug. This doesn't happen in 1.2.5 -- 12:56, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- It's confirmed as a bug by Jeb in this tweet. -- 13:09, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] Lapis Lazuli gives XP along with dyes
[!] Superflat is still a slime hell: slimes spawn in huge numbers, stopping other hostile mobs from appearing. The only workaround is changing difficulty to peaceful, but this is not possible if you're testing hostile mob behaviour or in hardcore. 21:49, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- An easy way to fix that would be to change to ground level in superflat to 64. Or add options how the world should generate (height, blocktype). -- 14:32, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Anything above y=40 would do the trick, but I think this fix would annoy the ones who like superflat for huge buildings. IMHO, the "cleanest" solutions would be reduce slime chunks to 1/100 instead 1/10 OR their max spawning height from y=40 to y=4 when in Superflat. 22:19, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Or make max slime amount lower than max monster amount. - 08:29, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Experience seems not to follow the old patern, you need as much XP orbs for level 40 to go to level 41 as for level 0 to level 1.
- This is possibly intentional, seeing as they are overhauling the system anyway -- 13:35, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Using TNT-Cannons or entering the end from a self placed portal sometimes kicks the player with the message "You moved too quickly :( (Hacking?)". It can even happen to OPs or in single player. You can get kicked from your single player world! There should at least be an option to turn it off in the server.properties.
[X] If you are flying when you go into the end portal, you get disconnected from the server with the message "You moved too quickly :( (Hacking?)".-- 21:08, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- This has carried over from previous versions. 18:34, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] You can't use an item with right-click if you are looking directly at a mob.
- Also, you can't eat when looking directly at an animal (tested with bread and cows). That is odd since cows don't eat bread. 15:18, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Changed the bug report to be more general. I can't use a bow when looking at animals, so I think you generally can't use items when looking directly at them. -- 16:54, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- This happens in creative mode, too. -- 00:27, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] After dying, when you respawn you'll see chunk errors for some seconds and then respawn as expected. -- 00:09, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When aiming a bow about a block's height above a small or medium slime, the arrow will drop to the ground, causing no damage to the slime. -- 16:20, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- This is very reproducible if you aim your bow about a block above a small or medium slime. The charge on the bow makes no difference to the reproducibility. Updating the report to reflect this. Also, I'm not certain, but I think the issue might be purely graphical. I have managed to hit a slime a few more blocks away by reproducing this with a closer one. -- 17:46, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Rain doesn't put out fires, at least the fires from thunder that was noticed in an extreme hills biome. -- 3:02, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is interesting, because rain doesn't make any sound or produce particles when it meets ground in this biome (bugs are mentioned further down the page). It seems like the rain seems to just pass straight through. -- 14:11, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] If you get disconnected from the server while entering the end, you will spawn in the void when you re-enter the world. (This can occur, for example, when you fly into the end portal) -- 21:11, 31 May 2012 (UCT)
- This has carried over from previous versions. You spawn in the same coordinates you were at in the overworld, instead of on the obsidian blocks. 18:34, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] Every time I fire an arrow, it appears in mid-air, drops to the ground and sticks there, but then it suddenly moves to where I shot at. I have noticed this in a superflat, creative world. -- 16:11, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- I was not able to reproduce this, however, it has happened to me before. 18:34, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Has it happened on this particular snapshot to you? -- 10:48, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When opening an iron door with a button to go through it, if you are not fast enough you "glitch" in to the wall. The deathscreen says in german "Playername wurde lebendig begraben" - i dont know what it says in english - maybe "buried alive". -- 20:10, 3 June 2012 (UTC)kranseier
[X] According to the enchantment info at the bottom of the enchanting page, http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant_snapshot/, it is impossible to get Sharpness V on anything but a gold sword, and with a gold sword it has a 0.2% chance of happening. Same goes for efficiency V. I think this is a bug. 22:59, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Doesn't sound like a bug to me. It means you need to use a relatively useless tool to gain a very impressive enchantment. Just a quirk of the system and no more than an annoyance to some people. -- 13:59, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] When in SMP, using the 3x3 loop of powered rails doesn't work well for me. I gain no momentum beyond the speed limit and so the minecart travels only about 50 blocks. SSP is without problem. 07:59, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Minecarts can never travel above 8m/s. I think you may mean that the loop doesn't help the cart accumulate extra momentum to travel at the top speed for longer. Are you also saying that, using the same world with the same loop setup, the minecart travels further in SSP than when you set the world save up for SMP? -- 09:19, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] You don't need levels to enchant in Creative, but if you have levels it will still spend them anyway.
[X] [SP] When moving fast around in a world i get lag spikes every time it need to load chunks and creating new chunks I think its a major bug. bringing my fps down to 0 for 4-8 seconds -- 11:39, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- This might be the memory leak that has been fixed (see Fixed/Skipped in section). Otherwise, are you playing on a low-end system? -- 12:11, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Normally i get around 30-40 Fps on a world with normal biome 100+ fps flatworld 12:56, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[A!] Trading is sometimes underpowered. Buying 3 glowstone with 1 emerald just doesn't sound right. Calinou - × » 11:53, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Are these Glowstone blocks or Glowstone dust ? 13:19, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- So I don't think it's underpowered, I think it's overpowered ! 15:25, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Overpowered?!?! Are you serious? 3 glowstone blocks are almost nothing, it's much better to take a minimal risk and mine them in the Nether. Calinou - × » 19:40, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I think it's just the fact of being able to get Glowstone without risking you life in the Nether that annoy me ... 19:55, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, glowstone is one of the most valuable thing in most servers. Just after diamonds. 1 Emerald, however, IS nothing at all.
- Glowstone isn't that risky to mine in the Nether... use dirt/cobble pillars; it doesn't have much value (not much possible uses, like gold). However, emeralds are rare and cost a lot of resources sometimes. Calinou - × » 09:59, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Glowstone are tricky to get and not so frequent, they are very useful and Emerald are not even supposed to be mined, the ores are here for little extra, 1 emerald = 3 glowstones IS overpower. I don't know what you are talking about and everyone seems to be with me on that.
- Falling into the lava would cost you the whole world in hardcore or ban in multi. 21:16, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Apart from glowstone, trading is still unbalanced. Another example: They sell one emerald for 4 diamonds, whereas they sell 3 loaf of bread for one emerald. -- 10:32, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- This unbalance could be entirely intentional. As Jeb said in the snapshot post 'they're cheap b**tards'.
[A!] Mining coal gives a seemingly disproportionate amount of EXP as opposed to, for example, mining diamond or emerald. This, the size of normal coal veins, and their frequency to generate leads to extreme amounts of level gains in very little time.
- Certainly it is a feature, because I often ignore coal ores when I don't need them. Seems to be a way to make mining more attractive. By the way, you also get EXP for putting out smelted items from your oven. Even though I admit you are right: coal ores spawn too many EXP. Sorry for my English -- 05:12, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, this was clearly intended, so its more if an annoyance than a bug. -- 11:01, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Ender dragon gives over 1200 levels upon death. Which means over 40 max levels enchantments, equivalent to 5 full sets of armor and tools. WAY overpowered for what it takes to defeat the dragon.
[A] After generating a world with normal or large biomes, with the chest and cheats on, seeds stop being generated, and walking off makes you fall into the void. Instead of dying in the void, you fall for eternity. The only way to make more chunks generate is to change the render distance. Not tested in multiplayer.
- That is because SP is now a server. If you have a slow computer, say, under 2-3GB of RAM, you will experience things like this. Just exit your world and go back, or if that doesn't work, restart Minecraft. 18:49, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Sometimes the game in singleplayer game is very laggy. I wasn't able to shoot arrows from a bow and blocks I'd break reappear, this only happened to me once while I was playing a custom map. 00:00, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is mostly because the game IS a (laggy) server now; even in single player! I experienced those things also, especially while fighting mobs where timing is critical, but also with other items and interactions (fishing for example). This was much more worse before on servers (server- and client-side), but not in single player because before single player was not based on a local server like now. I expect they will fix this until the next major release since it is much better as it was before in multiplayer already.
- This isn't a bug report. It's more of a complaint about lag. Downgrading to annoyance, because its true that, really, a singleplayer local server shouldn't produce notable lag at all. -- 11:36, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Ghast fireballs can turn nether portals off, trapping players in the nether if they didn't bring a flint and steel with them. -- 19:03, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think that's intended behavior in the fact that you can get out, by putting all of your items in your chest and dying. Plus, ghasts can reactivate your portal if the fire from the fireball gets in the frame. Next time though, bring a flint ant steel! :) 22:11, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- A few things. One, this behavior doesn't exist in Minecraft 1.2.5. That's why I think it's a bug. Two, it shouldn't be intended that the only way out is dying. I have 193 levels that I don't want to lose. I also don't happen to have a chest or an ender chest on me. Third, the ghast that deactivated the portal flew off. I don't want to sit around while waiting for a ghast to come back, because sitting around is boring. -- 22:55, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with , perhaps it was a bug in 1.2.5 that it didn't work all the time but it certainly worked that way in previous versions. Go Ghast hunting and get one to relight your portal. Unless anyone else thinks it is a bug, I vote to remove. -- 02:17, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is a behavior and have been there since the Nether have been added. Also, it should works in 1.2.5 and I would not change it.
- Downgraded to an annoyance due to consensus opinion. I agree that this is actually the normal behaviour for Minecraft. The abnormal behaviour was when fireballs could not disable the portal. But lets not remove it because it is clearly annoying for some. -- 10:41, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Worth noting is that Ghast fireballs also relight the portal if you can manage to get them to hit it a second time. Still, there are limited ways to fix the situation if you run out of flint and steel. -- 01:20, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Trading for diamond tools/diamonds is a bit too overpowered. I'd suggest making the villagers only sell gold and iron tools. Stone and wood isn't something to waste emeralds on.. - KrisEike
- It is fine in my opinion, it should stay, maybe diamond tools should be a tad more expensive. Calinou - × » 20:00, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] When trading a diamond sword with a villager you'll get an enchanted version. When putting this enchanted version back in the trading slot and adding the emeralds required, you can trade. However you'll get the same sword back, but you'll lose your emeralds. --Roenmane
[A] Enchanting is way too overpowered, giving Fortune 3 + 2 more enchantments when spending 30 levels. - KrisEike
- Moving discussion to . Significant gripes include:
- '[Still] too random'
- 'Loss of previously available high level enchantments'
- 'Too easy to farm XP levels, given that XP farms are generally geared up for the old 50-level system'
[A] Only 15 Bookshelves are needed to get the max level of 30. This should be changed in line with max level to keep it at 30 bookshelves -hghgnghd
- Seeing as how bookshelves now cost three lether, too (one for each book), I think the total cost to set up a full enchantment table is good. It gives the player a lot more control over how you want to place them. With 30 bookshelves you hardly have anything to work with. 30 would be fine though, if the radius was increased. 11:05, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think the number of bookshelves for the max level should be the same as before (30 as stated by hghgnghd), but a bigger radius isn't a bad idea, tho.
[A] It seems that getting almost four levels for a stack of items smelted is too much. It's fine for iron or gold (sort of), but you can get a stack of clay extremely easily with about two clay deposits. Maybe this should be changed so more valuable smeltables give more experience and easy to get smeltables give less (e.g. gold and iron give more than sand and clay). 22:59, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Its hard to swim upwards while drowning in water there arent source block probaly because of the knock back you get by drowing 14:36, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- This isn't a bug. It's been that way since drowning was added to the game. 18:49, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is right, but it should be fixed (or changed to look more natural).
- no but still the knockback on drowning has always been overpowered (IMO) On servers 08:47, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] XP Orbs are quite useless now that pretty much everything gives XP. Couldn't Xp just be directly given to the player killing a mob or mining ores? Orbs just happens to be everywhere.
- I'm not sure you should put this in the Known Bugs Section, but you are kind of right. I would directly gives Experience to the player doing some EXP giving actions and only keep EXP Orbs droping on players' death.
- I think XP Orbs should stay, at least from mob kill. It make designing XP grinders a little more challenging, since you need to manage a way for the XP to get to you. It make mob hunting more challenging to, since you have to go get your XP when you land a bow kill. Directly dividing the XP of the Ender Dragon among all players in the End would be nice, though. 18:42, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm with you in the way It was OK when Ores and Smelting didn't give XP Orbs. But it would make more sense to give the XP to the player that killed the mob (Or ultimately to give XP to everyone that damaged the said mob, but it's likely never gonna happen).
- I think EXP Orbs should only be dropped when players dies.
- (Merged duplicate) Getting XP from ores etc. is annoying because of the colorful particles and the "bling" sounds. These effects are okay for killing mobs but don't make much sense for destroying ore. It also destroys the atmosphere of a dark, silent, creepy cave etc. if it constantly makes these sounds and generates these colorful particles. Perhaps you should just get XP without spawning these orbs. -- 06:19, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Getting XP from Coal Ore is unbalanced. Deposits of coal are common and usually large and the amount of XP you can expect from a single deposit of coal is really high. Similary, as Iron deposits are common in caverns, Getting XP by smelting iron is also unbalanced. These are even more unbalanced if you consider that maximal level enchantment is now 30 instead of 50. That's why I suggest applying this XP drop feature only on Rare Ores (Emeralds, Diamonds, Lapis-Lazuli and Redstone and smelted Gold). 14:13, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I disagree. I think it's a great idea that all of these actions drop XP, however they may drop too much XP. Perhaps the amount of XP dropped per event should be lowered, and, if not already, scaled by the rarity of each resource, i.e. coal drops very little xp while diamond drops a greater amount.
- Well ... I guess if Coal dropped 1 XP and Iron dropped 2 XP then it would be OK.
- Are you kidding? Should be more like a 1 in 10 chance of dropping experience. I found myself jump 10 levels from just two pockets of coal. Top tier enchantments should be something you need to save for.
[A] Compasses don't point to the last respawn point. That renders the compass quite useless when playing a longer time on a map. -- 20:47, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [!!] After some minutes of gameplay, any spawned mobs will freeze, entities like minecarts and boats will disappear, i am unable to fire arrows or throw potions, breaked blocks will not be dropped as a resource, i cannot use or open chests, workbenches, ect., priming TNT will make the block disappear, and mobs will no longer spawn. In general, entities are erased from the game.
- It happened with me when I've put Ender Crystal on fire with enchanted bow. After world reload, entities have unfrozen. -- 09:46, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- P.S. there also was a crash report, appearing to be related to this error:
---- Minecraft Crash Report ---- // Who set us up the TNT? Time: 02.06.12 22:39 Description: Exception in server tick loop java.util.ConcurrentModificationException at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source) at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source) at ani.a(SourceFile:85) at adg.a(SourceFile:556) at acz.a(SourceFile:1374) at gm.a(SourceFile:88) at rd.L_(SourceFile:244) at acz.a(SourceFile:1173) at adg.a(SourceFile:380) at acz.g(SourceFile:1152) at acz.l(SourceFile:1078) at pm.o(SourceFile:363) at pm.n(SourceFile:328) at ard.n(SourceFile:104) at pm.run(SourceFile:279) at do.run(SourceFile:448) Relevant Details: - Minecraft Version: 12w22a - Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1 - Java Version: 1.6.0_31, Sun Microsystems Inc. - Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (mixed mode), Sun Microsystems Inc. - Memory: 206460240 bytes (196 MB) / 683925504 bytes (652 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) - Player Count: 1 / 0; [gb['IntKecsk'/2500481, l='SnapSf', x=24,02, y=61,00, z=32,79
- World SnapSf Entities: 96 total; [gb['IntKecsk'/2500481, l='SnapSf', x=24,02, y=61,00, z=32,79], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802671, l='SnapSf', x=-51,50, y=84,00, z=-29,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802673, l='SnapSf', x=-53,50, y=74,00, z=68,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802674, l='SnapSf', x=-28,50, y=92,00, z=21,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802675, l='SnapSf', x=-37,50, y=69,00, z=76,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802676, l='SnapSf', x=-12,50, y=78,00, z=-39,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802677, l='SnapSf', x=-21,50, y=77,00, z=-3,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802678, l='SnapSf', x=-13,50, y=73,00, z=57,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802684, l='SnapSf', x=-7,50, y=80,00, z=-58,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802686, l='SnapSf', x=-6,50, y=77,00, z=49,50], ss['Ender Dragon'/3802688, l='SnapSf', x=32,92, y=70,33, z=0,08], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802704, l='SnapSf', x=55,50, y=81,00, z=53,50], gm['entity.EnderCrystal.name'/3802706, l='SnapSf', x=67,50, y=66,00, z=90,50], mg['Enderman'/3802732, l='SnapSf', x=61,50, y=54,00, z=-49,50], mg['Enderman'/3802734, l='SnapSf', x=90,40, y=42,00, z=41,28], mg['Enderman'/3802779, l='SnapSf', x=81,94, y=58,00, z=51,63], mg['Enderman'/3802780, l='SnapSf', x=16,56, y=59,00, z=-80,93], mg['Enderman'/3802782, l='SnapSf', x=14,91, y=59,00, z=-79,28], mg['Enderman'/3802783, l='SnapSf', x=24,50, y=59,00, z=-78,50], mg['Enderman'/3802784, l='SnapSf', x=38,95, y=58,00, z=-62,02], mg['Enderman'/3802786, l='SnapSf', x=41,49, y=58,00, z=-62,12], mg['Enderman'/3802789, l='SnapSf', x=47,50, y=59,00, z=61,50], mg['Enderman'/3802790, l='SnapSf', x=46,24, y=59,00, z=61,76], mg['Enderman'/3802791, l='SnapSf', x=43,70, y=59,00, z=67,64], mg['Enderman'/3802793, l='SnapSf', x=8,96, y=62,00, z=20,59], mg['Enderman'/3802794, l='SnapSf', x=-0,96, y=63,00, z=25,80], mg['Enderman'/3802795, l='SnapSf', x=1,32, y=63,00, z=30,13], mg['Enderman'/3802796, l='SnapSf', x=6,37, y=63,00, z=27,11], mg['Enderman'/3802804, l='SnapSf', x=42,58, y=59,00, z=69,52], mg['Enderman'/3802805, l='SnapSf', x=35,50, y=59,00, z=66,50], mg['Enderman'/3802806, l='SnapSf', x=31,50, y=59,00, z=68,50], mg['Enderman'/3802808, l='SnapSf', x=-9,50, y=59,00, z=-62,50], mg['Enderman'/3802827, l='SnapSf', x=66,63, y=59,00, z=7,49], mg['Enderman'/3802828, l='SnapSf', x=58,07, y=59,00, z=10,93], mg['Enderman'/3802829, l='SnapSf', x=62,60, y=59,00, z=6,02], mg['Enderman'/3802830, l='SnapSf', x=65,53, y=59,00, z=-0,44], mg['Enderman'/3802839, l='SnapSf', x=56,78, y=59,00, z=26,80], mg['Enderman'/3802840, l='SnapSf', x=56,92, y=59,00, z=35,61], mg['Enderman'/3802841, l='SnapSf', x=58,74, y=59,00, z=35,55], mg['Enderman'/3802842, l='SnapSf', x=50,94, y=60,00, z=41,71], mg['Enderman'/3802843, l='SnapSf', x=10,50, y=59,00, z=-59,50], mg['Enderman'/3802844, l='SnapSf', x=5,40, y=59,00, z=-59,11], mg['Enderman'/3802846, l='SnapSf', x=8,85, y=59,00, z=-58,32], mg['Enderman'/3802851, l='SnapSf', x=75,27, y=58,00, z=64,00], mg['Enderman'/3802852, l='SnapSf', x=33,76, y=59,00, z=-71,49], mg['Enderman'/3802853, l='SnapSf', x=33,50, y=59,00, z=-68,50], mg['Enderman'/3802855, l='SnapSf', x=51,52, y=58,00, z=-15,41], mg['Enderman'/3802857, l='SnapSf', x=47,23, y=59,00, z=-17,71], mg['Enderman'/3802862, l='SnapSf', x=98,50, y=34,00, z=31,50], mg['Enderman'/3802863, l='SnapSf', x=96,89, y=35,00, z=23,07], mg['Enderman'/3802864, l='SnapSf', x=0,61, y=61,00, z=4,05], mg['Enderman'/3802865, l='SnapSf', x=2,68, y=61,00, z=5,58], mg['Enderman'/3802866, l='SnapSf', x=2,44, y=61,00, z=7,93], mg['Enderman'/3802883, l='SnapSf', x=-1,50, y=62,00, z=13,56], mg['Enderman'/3802884, l='SnapSf', x=1,66, y=62,00, z=19,13], mg['Enderman'/3802885, l='SnapSf', x=-1,59, y=62,77, z=19,68], mg['Enderman'/3802886, l='SnapSf', x=1,17, y=61,00, z=8,25], mg['Enderman'/3802887, l='SnapSf', x=56,63, y=59,00, z=29,91], mg['Enderman'/3802888, l='SnapSf', x=37,32, y=60,00, z=19,82], mg['Enderman'/3802889, l='SnapSf', x=39,47, y=60,00, z=17,09], mg['Enderman'/3802890, l='SnapSf', x=40,30, y=60,00, z=16,54], mg['Enderman'/3802891, l='SnapSf', x=5,23, y=63,00, z=51,91], mg['Enderman'/3802893, l='SnapSf', x=71,35, y=58,00, z=68,58], mg['Enderman'/3802894, l='SnapSf', x=71,65, y=58,00, z=64,53], mg['Enderman'/3802897, l='SnapSf', x=65,26, y=58,00, z=66,05], mg['Enderman'/3802899, l='SnapSf', x=57,57, y=48,00, z=117,98], mg['Enderman'/3802904, l='SnapSf', x=65,97, y=50,00, z=-54,60], mg['Enderman'/3802905, l='SnapSf', x=64,50, y=51,00, z=-55,50], mg['Enderman'/3802908, l='SnapSf', x=58,50, y=51,00, z=-62,50], mg['Enderman'/3802913, l='SnapSf', x=51,44, y=58,00, z=-17,46], mg['Enderman'/3802914, l='SnapSf', x=51,69, y=58,00, z=-22,86], mg['Enderman'/3802915, l='SnapSf', x=50,50, y=58,00, z=-20,50], mg['Enderman'/3802916, l='SnapSf', x=49,27, y=58,00, z=-23,34], mg['Enderman'/3802917, l='SnapSf', x=48,37, y=58,00, z=-64,94], mg['Enderman'/3802918, l='SnapSf', x=50,59, y=57,00, z=-62,00], mg['Enderman'/3802919, l='SnapSf', x=38,39, y=57,00, z=-55,90], mg['Enderman'/3802921, l='SnapSf', x=10,86, y=61,00, z=-11,66], mg['Enderman'/3802922, l='SnapSf', x=11,50, y=61,00, z=-8,50], mg['Enderman'/3802923, l='SnapSf', x=13,50, y=61,00, z=-9,50], mg['Enderman'/3804054, l='SnapSf', x=34,14, y=59,00, z=108,70], mg['Enderman'/3804055, l='SnapSf', x=42,73, y=59,00, z=104,94], mg['Enderman'/3804056, l='SnapSf', x=40,79, y=59,00, z=111,24], mg['Enderman'/3804057, l='SnapSf', x=70,85, y=57,00, z=-31,28], mg['Enderman'/3804058, l='SnapSf', x=62,45, y=57,00, z=-34,65], mg['Enderman'/3804059, l='SnapSf', x=-37,52, y=59,00, z=67,47], mg['Enderman'/3804060, l='SnapSf', x=-42,52, y=59,00, z=65,96], mg['Enderman'/3804061, l='SnapSf', x=-45,68, y=58,00, z=67,89], mg['Enderman'/3804062, l='SnapSf', x=-43,45, y=59,00, z=66,90], mg['Enderman'/3804063, l='SnapSf', x=-58,88, y=58,00, z=34,76], mg['Enderman'/3804064, l='SnapSf', x=-56,59, y=58,00, z=33,10], mg['Enderman'/3804065, l='SnapSf', x=-64,24, y=57,00, z=34,61], mg['Enderman'/3804066, l='SnapSf', x=-56,27, y=58,00, z=31,84], rd['arrow'/3804311, l='SnapSf', x=-4,04, y=75,24, z=47,98], rd['arrow'/3804333, l='SnapSf', x=-3,44, y=77,54, z=48,24], mg['Enderman'/3804354, l='SnapSf', x=-58,50, y=53,00, z=127,50], mg['Enderman'/3804355, l='SnapSf', x=80,50, y=56,00, z=-25,50}} - World SnapSf Players: 1 total; [gb['IntKecsk'/2500481, l='SnapSf', x=24,02, y=61,00, z=32,79}} - World SnapSf Chunk Stats: ServerChunkCache: 441 Drop: 0 }}
[F] [!] I cannot skip the end credits after leaving The End and the credits never stop, even after quitting the game and restarting I'm still at the credits rendering the game totally unplayable - G8ball1511
- This is consistent. Happens for every world
- Temporarily switching back to an earlier snapshot got me past the credits. Unfortunately, any snapshot-specific blocks are deleted and have to be placed again after reloading the newer snapshot. - 18:26, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] Strange behavior for placing/removing water blocks, but only in some locations - found this in my world, which was created back in Minecraft beta. Noticed this in 12w21b, still exists here. Copy of my world:  (1) Go into the wheat field and use a water bucket to place a water block atop the half-block at x-25,z=24; bucket empties, no water visible, but right-clicking with the bucket in that spot retrieves the water. Placing the water on a half-block further down the field works as expected. (2) Placing the water on a wheat block near that first location appears to replace the wheat with water, but it doesn't flow; on retrieving the water block, the wheat reappears. (3) Try removing/placing water in the pook at x=23, z=13, aiming first at the half-blocks in the bottom of the pool and then at the sides of the pool. --TheSHAD0W 12:46 01 Jun 2012 MDT
- Is this in single or multiplayer? It might be the spawn protection causing this. -- 01:24, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Single-player, but it's definitely spawn-protection related. Checked in another world. I haven't tested in a world created in 12w22a yet, I'd have to play it long enough to get a bucket...-- 18:30, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- This must be due to spawn protection. I set my base up really close to the spawn and I have the same problem (Single player). I Havent tried lava yet 09:40, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) Filling or emptying buckets, and filling bottles within the spawn protection area does not work. It creates ghost items in your inventory that are removed upon clicking. -- 12:21, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) When trying to pick up lava/water with a bucket, the lava/water block will disappear but the bucket item will not become a lava/water bucket. When you relog the block will reappear but the bucket still will not have lava/water in it. Same issue when placing lava/water. This seams to depend on location.--Cpt_Ezz 1:33am, 1 May 2012
- Was this in creative? If so, an empty bucket is used to pick up liquids, so it would not change states to a water/lava bucket. -- 19:39, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- This was in a new, 12w22a, world in survival mode. --Cpt_Ezz, 12:24, 1 May 2012
- I have the same issues with placing water in my SSP worlds. -- 20:21, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I Have the same problem Survial single player. Windows vista. around 20 to 40 Fps and near the orgin spawn 13:46, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] There seems to be cases in which dirt blocks will be loaded as stone blocks. Found the error in an extreme hills biome. The blocks had the stone texture as well as its durability, but when broken dropped dirt instead. Reloading minecraft caused the blocks to load properly. For purposes of trying to reproduce the bug, the seed and coordinates are as follows: Seed: -1535938722 | x: -121 | y: 78 | z: 101
[!] Mushrooms cannot be planted outside at night except on Mycelium. This is because the moonlight is considered 15, which is used by other crops so that they CAN grow outside at night. 23:59, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Blocks placed in empty chunks in the end are invisible until reconnecting. It's almost impossible to build in the end because of that.
[X] When collecting Mushroom blocks with Silk Touch it will not preserve the damage value. 23:49, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When placing Mushroom blocks of a damage value greater than 0, it will revert to 0 upon placing. This used to happen with Monster Eggs, before they were tweaked in 12w17a to prepare them for inclusion in the Creative Mode inventory. 23:59, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] fire caused by lighting strikes doesn't go away. you need to place a block to destroy it
- Changed to a minor bug since it's not really affecting the gameplay. -- 16:16, 03 Jun 2012 (UTC)
[X] When placing a wire from a tripwire on the ground and placing another one ontop of that one and removing the bottom one, you have a flying tripwire. When placing a block under it, the tripwire wire drops itself.
- See this screenshot:  - 12:42, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Floating tripwire is not a bug; dinnerbone has stated tripwire is meant to be able to float. Breaking when a solid block is placed under it, however, is a bug. -- 23:22, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] If a player dies on a tripwire with hooks on both ends the tripwire stays turned on even if there is nothing there. Only tested in sp. --Dan211
[X] Tripwire will not connect together when some of the string is on solid blocks and some is not. All of the string must either be floating or on solid blocks in order for a functioning tripwire connection to form.
[X] When flowing liquids hit a tripwire, it turns into a source block.
- The string or the liquid? -- 12:26, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Water breaks the string, then forms a new sourceblock on that location. -- 13:24, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) When you have an area filled with trip wires that are connected to trip wire hooks and you place a bucket of water on the trip wire, each string block is replaced with a source block of water. -- 23:35, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) When you walk over tripwire that is connected to two dispensers four blocks away with lava buckets inside of them, the lava comes out and flows on top of the wire and somehow creates a third lava source block.
[X] Tripwires aren't activated when a minecart or boat goes THROUGH (not under) them. --Sanoth 21:15 31 may 2012 (CET)
[X] Text from signs disappear when clicking done (if longer than 1 line)
- I can't reproduce this. What text are you using? What gamemode are you on? -- 17:54, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) Whenever I place a sign the text seems to disappear. About a one out of four chance that the text will stay. -- 08:40, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) When you write on a sign, it will disappear after you press enter.
- (Merged duplicate) After filling out a sign and "finalizing" the text, the sign remains blank.
- This might happen if to close to the spawn chunk i came across that too 09:29, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe. I noticed that this problem only happens when I play in single player. When I tried a sign on my server (it's running this version too) the sign worked fine. Although I will note that I don't think I'm anywhere near the spawn chunk.
- I can confirm that it isn't only near the spawn chunk, I am quite far away as I am in a Stronghold and I was trying to do a storage system and I managed to write on 4 signs, but then when I tried to do more they wouldn't show any text.
- I can duplicate. I placed about four signs down, all of them were fine, but the text always disappeared after that. Refreshing the game works though. Edit: Only works once. -irunor 23:52, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When breaking a furnace with smelted items in, the player receives no experience.
- Can you clarify on this? Experience only drops when a player kills a mob or a player dies.
- Nope! You now get XP when smelting Iron Ore or Gold Ore in a furnace aswell if you mine any ores other than Iron Ore and Gold Ore! You get the XP when you take the Iron or Gold Ingot out of the furnace. -- 12:19, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Please, do not post comments like this if you didn't try the new snapshot.
[X] Mining any ore block will not drop experience. Coal ore is the only exception to this. --Cpt_Ezz 12:46, 1 May 2012
- (Merged Dupicate) Iron and Gold ore does not yield XP when mined. The Fortune enchantment does not work on them either. - KrisEike
- have you tried to smelt them ? 15:29, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Seems to be intended: You get one XP per resulting item, either by mining (Coal, Diamond, Emerald) or by smelting (Iron, Gold). Not a bug. -- 05:59, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- You cannot get XP from Gold/Iron ore because you re place them and RE MINE THEM. Diamond/Redstone/Lapis Lazuli has no reason to be mined without getting XP
- Or placed ores can have a flag set indicating that the player placed them and they shouldn't drop experience, similar to leaves+decay. And what about silk touch? -- 19:25, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When in the new adventure gamemode, you can still trample wheat when jumping on it, but of course not replant it. This might be intentional, though it still allows for individuals to still "grief" a map.
[X] you cannot place redstone dust on top of the up half of a slab.
- Discussion Moved to . There seems to be contention about whether this is an intentional oversight or not. Please continue the discussion over on the talk page.
[X] [Cr] Some blocks still drop their items such as tnt, paintings, and blocks destroyed by explosions.
[X] Falling gravel and falling sand will appear to be on fire when falling through lava, despite not being flamable. -- 01:18, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be a nice visual effect. Granted, it doesn't make sense, but it is very much intended. -- 10:11, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The huge mushroom blocks are not in Creative. It would be possible to include every damage value variant of those blocks. 23:38, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The hitbox for placed string is very large. It should be scaled down to fit the actual size of the item, similar to fences.
- It's intentionally large to help you build from the sides of it. It scales down to the real size when the wire is hooked up in both sides. If it always used that normal hitbox, it'd be extremely frustrating to build with. 11:26, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Vertically, yes, it does scale down, but in my opinion, it should also scale down horizontally. One is able to set off the tripwire by occupying the same block even if the actual wire isn't stepped on. The large horizontal size also makes it harder to jump over.
- It actually doesn't scale down as shown in this screenshot.  - 12:40, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] When scooping up water/lava with stacked buckets and a full hotbar, the filled bucket goes into inventory and the stacked ones stay in the hotbar. It is rather annoying when you need the liquid immediately after scooping it up.
- But VERY convenient if you want to get 16 water buckets very fast. It act just like bottles.
- But EXTREMELY annoying if you have full inventory - full bucket pops out from your hands directly into lava...-- 09:26, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- What do you want to happen when you scoop up lava with a stack of bucket and full inventory? Either nothing happen, either the filled bucket pops out, or the rest of the stack pops out. I think you should be unable to scoop up lava with a full inventory. 19:01, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think, you just should not be able to put stacked buckets (or bowls, or bottles) to hotbar (you can still keep stacks in inventory). However, I know it is usefull to fill them fast... -- 00:11, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] You can't place a bed on half slabs, but you can place, for example, a fence. The fence does hover in mid-air, but at least you can place it. The apparently arbitrary restrictions on what you can and can't place are needlessly confusing. -- 16:15, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Absense of smooth stone stairs. (UTC)
- More a like a Feature request But i agree we need them 09:46, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] third-person view treats a sugar cane as a full block. 16:36, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- If you're saying that camera zooms when looking at sugar cane from front 3rd person, then yes. 00:43, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Indeed thats what i mean with it 08:52, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Crafting wood into stairs will always result in oak wood stairs, regardless of the type of wood used to craft them. Cobble seems to work fine. -- 03:31, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is because The ohter types of Stairs isent implented yet 09:52, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Oh whoops, thought that the sandstone stairs were birch stairs... x( But yea Mojang should definitely implement this. -- 14:30, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Changed to annoyance -- 11:18, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] When first spawning in, before anything besides the toolbar has rendered, if you have a chest in the toolbar (I had mine on the 7th [I think] spot, I don't know if it's exclusive to there), it'll appear a collage of other blocks (no, not pixels. Like, wool and stuff), until the world fully renders. -irunor 00:01, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] If a piece of string from a tripwire is destroyed and quickly replaced with a block, its 'off'-pulse will replace the placed block's extra data value with 0, enabling a similar exploit to the block transmuter. Demonstration video -- 11:10, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Here's an example using a piston head. — 21:39, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) When you push a tripwire with a piston, the piston's head disappears.
- It transforms into a piston facing downwards -- 10:25, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Seems to be the block transmutation bug. -- 14:17, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] A connected tripwire hook will detect standing on string that has been laid in all other adjacent directions. In the diagram below both horizontal and wertical tripwire will detect the player even if the second is not connected in both edges.
top wiew: - | =tripwire < > ^ V =tripwire hook facing one of direction # =anyblock #>-------<# | | |
[X] [SP] Items can be duped due to an exploit in world saving. Steps to reproduce: drop an item or stack, press ESC to force save, go back to the main menu, join the world you were playing, pick up the item, and then press ALT+F4 (Windows) or any combination to force close the application. Go back to your world and you'll have a item on your inventory and the same item dropped. This exploit works for 1.2.x. A possible fix could involve handling unexpected closing. This only works in SP. Sorry if this not fit in this list. -- 23:59, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When stacks of eggs or snowballs are thrown, the number only depletes on the second throw if you are not focussing on a particular block (i.e. you looking at something too far away for block placement and no blocks are highlighted). The number depletes correctly if you focus on a block close to you. i.e. I'm holding six eggs and when I throw one in the air it says I still have 6. When I throw another and it goes to 4. 23:31, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- I thoroughly tested this and edited the report with my findings. The issue appears when you are not targeting a particular block, and it happens with snowballs and I assume other throw-ables. -- 11:42, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Unable to pick up items sometimes when standing on top of them. Examples in images to the right. -- 19:12, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Could you elaborate what mode this happens in, or other details? This way the issue can be better defined. -- 19:39, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, I was playing single player with the latest un-modded snapshot, I was digging down into a cave, found a stream of water bordered by lava. I got killed by a skeleton knocking me into the lava and I was unable to reach the water in time, when I died my armor fell on the ground there as you see it. When I respawned, I was unable to pick it up, I tried digging below it, letting it fall, walking into it from underneath and overhead. I noticed that it was odd that I could actually place blocks and make it pop up, but if I placed blocks next to it, then on top of it, the iron helmet would stay embedded in the blocks, not pop up like it should.-- 19:59, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I see this with saplings too. They also sometimes spring up and down as the leaf blocks above them randomly decay, and you can usually pick them all by by the time the last leaf block from a harvested tree has disappeared, but it's the same issue as described above. Is it possible that entities that happen to land exactly on a block edge are the ones with this problem? -- 16:19, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Seen this behavior with saplings, and noticed that destroying leaf blocks above would "free" the floating items after a short delay. I'm theorizing that this behavior occurs when the location of the item is different in the server than in the client; the client displays the item in one location, while the server won't allow it to be picked up because it's too far away from the user. Occasional synchronization needed?-- 13:38, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- I see this in multiplayer in 1.2.5 occasionally. I think it's because the new single player is also multiplayer.
[X] User cannot swap same items with different durabilities within inventory. (Ex: Swapping a new Iron Pickaxe with one that is about to break)
- Indeed, it's pretty annoying especially since the introduction of the item repair feature. 05:37, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is not a bug from this snapshot, but should be fixed for the next version.
- This has been around for a long time. You can get around it if you don't have the inventory space by swapping with a third item. 23:37, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] While holding in your hand any item in creative such as leather and holding right-click while looking at the ground, the eating animation (moving the item up and down) will play even though you can't eat in creative and the item might not be food item. It doesn't consume the item. It doesn't happen when looking at the sky, just a block. It doesn't happen in survival, just creative. -- 00:34, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] When eating a food item, it often happens at the end of the eating animation and duration, that the item is eaten and a second one is eaten instantly after it.
- This hasn't yet happened for me. Is it easily reproducible? -- 11:53, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- This sometimes appened for me, but only if the hunger bar isn't full; also changing the item will stop to eat the food. -- 19:42, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Shears seems not to have durability bars, or they do not lose durability when breaking wools? 14:27, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- They have durability but using them on wool does not effect it. See on the wiki. I've also checked that the behaviour is the same in this snapshot. Not sure why wool doesn't contribute to the durability though. -- 15:01, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] If you trade-enchant an already enchanted axe, you will lose the old enchantments. 14:43, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Weird boats behaviour. The angle of rotation is discrete. Sometimes an empty boat pops one block up and floats in the air. -- 10:50, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Stairs still have a incorrect hitbox
- Incorrect as in, you can't hit through the transperant space? -- 13:36, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] Drinking a potion in creative yields an empty bottle. Not really a problem, but a little annoying. -- 18:43, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [Cr] Destroying a cocoa plant in creative does not drop cocoa beans but destroying the wood it's attached to will destroy the plant and it will drop cocoa beans. -- 19:44, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Items seem to randomly jump around sometimes. E.G. I was in a (approx.) 3x2 room, standing directly in front of a chest, and I was tossing spawn eggs out of my inventory to make picking them up faster (I was in creative). I could see them around the inventory screen. First they were on the ground, then the jumped up on top of the chest, then they went in my inventory. (They might have been different eggs between the ground ones and the chest ones, but another example: I broke a block behind a ladder, and the ladder landed on the other side of a glass pane. I replaced the block, and went to pick up the ladder through the glass [which, to my approval, mojang made nearly impossible, but not the point], and as I watched, it jumped around the platform outside the window. [Also, I did somehow pick the ladder up in the end]). -irunor, 04:07, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] Sometimes redstone torches will burn out until a game/server restart. It seems like itf get caused by the "/time set" command.
- I can confirm this, it seems that if a torch burns out, you'd have to move the torch to occupy a different block for it to not just stay off when the torch is toggled off. Even then, the torch seems to burn out again after being toggled a few times, with the bug again occurring, even if it would normally work and not be burned out. This bug will stay even on reloading the world, and you have to quit the game completely and relaunch it for the bug to disappear. However, I do recall using /time set at least once, so it could possibly be related to that function, which effects may carry over upon reload. This would be classified as a major bug, for it breaks all redstone circuitry. I'll try to get more accurate details of this issue when I investigate this more. Any proper help or further analysis would be greatly appreciated! -- 07:14, 29 May 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed with both test build and 1.2.5, also seems to happen throughout all tested versions so far. Occurs when redstone torch or repeater is on, and either chunk deloads or use of /time set command. Also occurs with /time add. The only current way to fix is to restart server/SP entirely by either exit/restart or by having a complete reload of that world (all players leaving it for the nether, for example). -- 06:57, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Repeaters still get stuck. when flying away so a chunk gets unloaded, and then returning to that chunk will result in the repeaters being frozen.
[X] Redstone torches can burn out randomly and will continue burning out even when you replace it. Reloading will fix the issue. Tried reproducing it but I haven't been able to since it happened once.
- Occurs after using /time set - after 15 switches the torch burns out, regardless of triggering method or ticks between switches. 05:45, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Redstone circuits become unreliable over a certain distance. For example in 1.2.5 the max distance was 280 blocks, now its 150 blocks. I have a city on my server and this bug has caused rail way switching systems to stop working. It would be even better if the circuit distance could be expanded beyond 280 blocks, not halved. --crisss994
- ok this has been moved to the fixed/skipped section, it better be fixed because this bug is annoying me. whats the point of a update if its gonna screw my world ffs
- The point of an update is to add a bunch of awesome new features. The reason the redstone doesn't work for you is because nobody is in the chunks of your server. Redstone doesn't travel into unloaded chunks and so your redstone won't update if no player is in the chunk. If 1 person is standing at the end and 1 at the beginning the redstone will probably travel the whole way.
- I love new updates but when they cause my world to malfunction something ive been working on for a long time its frustrating. your right they work when others are near the other end though it worked way longer distances before this snapshot without others on the other end, its been halved now.
- Is it at all possible to make a redstone circuit load a chunk it runs into? This limitation would prevent some of the huge redstone computers from functioning as well as other interesting builds - 02:30, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah I've found this issue quite annoying also, the would be a good solution if possible Lucifer, never really had this problem previously unless I've made some rediculously long wire using repeaters.---
- (Merged duplicate) Redstone circuitry travels through less chunks as it did before in 1.2.5. At first I thought it was my system but I tried it on another computer and the same thing happened with this weeks snapshot. -- 01:41, 7 June 2012 (UTC) ImbooRobsta
[A] Sending a 1-tick pulse to a sticky piston results in unreliable behaviour. The block attached to the piston will randomly disappear and reappear.
[A] [Cr] When I hook up a redstone torch to 3 different sources, it flickers, then burns out, rendering the circuit useless until I replace the torch. -Dovakh11n
[!] As with prior snapshots, there are massive chunk errors in the generated maps; especially in "large biomes" mode. Those mostly are quickly found already near to the spawn point and often cross through the whole biome with another one with a flat border as typically for this. (Vanilla with snapshot-JAR only.) Before last final (1.2.5) these are not seen at any time for me (of course, there was no "large biomes" mode back then and this means in "normal" mode for that case).
[X] Pyramids can generate in jungles. Screenshot (Seed: divinecomedy)
- The same thing happened in a plains biome: Screenshot Seed: -1105909183526117424
- Another seed where this occurs is the helloworld seed. -- 01:28, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Doesn't render the game unplayable though, does it? Hence downgrading to Minor Bug. -- 17:57, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When a river is created within a desert biome and rain or a thunderstorm starts, it will rain above the river only wich looks really strange. This is because it will never rain in desert biomes (as far as i know) and the river is another type of biome/area wich may have rain. However, all other aspects of weather effects, besides the rain (like dark skies and monsters spawning), apply also to the desert.
[X] Just like abandoned mineshafts were before the floors were implemented, strongholds generate weirdly when they cross a ravine. The seed -623160645725253637 is a good example of this with a stronghold in a hole close to spawn which crosses an underground ravine. 22:00, 4 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] Ever since Minecraft 1.1, surface strongholds can no longer generate because the part that goes above ground is deleted. I think this is a bug because a surface stronghold was featured in Jeb_'s first screenshot of strongholds which leads me to believe that surface strongholds are an intentional feature of the game that was accidentally removed.
[X] There is no Bonus Chest in some worlds (seed, for example: JUNGLEHUNT). You only loot the items. Click
- This is the bug that allows the chest to be overwritten by blocks such as leaves and snow layer. -- 11:15, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] In ocean biome boundary with another biome, it is possible that the water that connected within the other biome's chunk will remain floating in air, placing any item will cause the water flow down on it, example seen with torch (placing one and water removes it) Boundary Torch being added Water flows and removes the torch Whole underground look. realoding (F) ingame doesnt help. seed is: -1180266242698054280 , and the coords are on the screenshots if you'd like to try. Tested on multiplayer only. Edit:Tried to re-put the seed in single player, the map regenerates differently... -- 23:57, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Sometimes the World Generation of Superflat will get mixed up with normal worlds. -- 16:06, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- Can you say what you were doing with your world before this happened? Is it reproducible? -- 15:59, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Occationally when generating a new world, a large elevated strip of land is found randomly. One can be found close to spawn in the seed uhbluhbluhbluh with normal world type. Screenshot -- 20:47, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Sometimes in the jungle biome leaves can generate so far from trees that saplings will fall as soon as the world is generated. Examples include the coordinates x=96, y=67, z=229, using uhbluhbluhbluh for the world seed. -- 20:51, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] (In SSP) A desert well that was generated incompletely caused damage when I approached it (specifically, when I was in the spaces where the missing blocks would be). When I placed sand sand in the spots that caused damage, they turned into sandstone & sandstone slabs (whatever was missing). Also, in the desert there were a lot of "floating" sand blocks. EDIT: It seems as if some stacks of cactus are "invisible"; that might have been what caused the damage.
- The cacti are invisible and cannot be destroyed directly, only by destroying the underlying block. Drops normal cactus.
[A] The player can spawn in the water of a newly generated world.
[A] Cacti can now be generated 6 blocks high. I don't know if this is a bug or intended behavior. 17:15, 31 May 2012 (PST)
- Can you give a seed and coordinates? -- 18:44, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Since they were implemented, strongholds and mineshafts are sometimes generated extremely huge making it nearly impossible to discover everything without getting lost. Also they look pretty much the same everywhere. It would be much better if they were generated (much !) smaller and with more interesting features. -- 16:17, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- 6 things,
- 2. all the mines in the world look the same.
- 4. f3 coordinates of place where you entered
- 5.tripwire trail
- 1. How does that help?
- 2. No they don't. Surely, they are all more or less "snakes" filled with air, but they have different widths and they intersect themselves and they may be connected to lava lakes etc. so they often look very interesting. Not saying that stronghold and mineshaft aren't sometimes interesting. My main complaint is just that they are too huge.
- 3. Maps map not underground. Sure you can get a general direction where the exit is, but as stronghold ond mineshafts are often multiple layers that doesn't really help, unless you want to dig out manually.
- 4. Only a debug feature. Not really intended gameplay.
- 5. Quite expensive and also difficult too see.
- 6. They work, but as I said, these structures are sometimes very huge, so you would need hundreds of signs and a lot of time to discover everything. Small secret chunks of prebuild structure would be IMHO more amazing to find than huge undergound mazes.
- -- 11:09, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] In contrast to "natural" caves, ravines often look very similar to each other and often make the surface look ugly by causing huge open cracks everywhere. I think they could have been improved by generating them in more variable sizes and shapes (smaller for example). Also surface ravines should look more like they are affected by rain, erosion etc. so they should be smoother, filled with water or dirt and not as deep and steep as they currently are. -- 16:17, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- This is an opinion and I personnally like how Ravines looks.
[A] Seems like Ocean biome is generated too frequently, and spreads around huge areas (I've moved around to about -2500 on the Z axis with only ocean below me, tested on multiplayer and singleplayer) -- 01:09, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- Ocean should be slightly smaller, but not as tiny as lakes.
[A] After leaving the area, a chunk by my house keeps resetting to the original blocks of the seed. This has happened twice now.
[X] Pigs still use the old method for item drops which means they only drop 0-2 meat. Cows and chickens use the new method which allows them to always drop at least one meat. This oversight has caused the pig to decline in usefulness since beef was added. 22:54, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Mobs, including the player, can breathe under lava. 20:41, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think it have been like that for ages, not only this version.-- Sks0315
- I am aware of this. It is a very old oversight that has existed for as long as lava has and it is surprising that it still has not been fixed yet. 20:59, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- Someone said it was so ghasts wouldn't drown in lava since they can fly through it. Make it so everything runs out of breath in lava but make ghasts skip breath check entirely or have a higher breath stat / permanent potion effect. Obviously, a pain in the rear to the devs though -- 02:39, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] Villagers (and perhaps other mobs) take a few seconds to become visible upon loading the world.
- and you can't wait for like 5 seconds before playing? is it really that big a deal? or does it cost you valuable gaming time?
- It doesn't matter. A bug is a bug, no matter how much of a problem it is. It might not annoy you, but it could really irritate him. -- 00:39, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- I actually can't reproduce this behaviour. The mobs always load at the same time as the world for me, no matter the mode or map type. -- 15:59, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] If you hit a wolf and there is another wolf next to it, they will both start to attack then after about 2 secs the wolf you hit will stop attacking but the other one will continue to attack
[X] [SP] It is possible that, when loading a world, a mob may load before any blocks and fall a metre or two, causing them to be stuck underground where they will suffocate unless you dig them out fast enough. (Only observed happening to villagers.)
[X] Some mobs may fall through blocks and turn black when being pushed off of something.
[X] Villagers no longer reproduce and seem to ignore buildings.
- I can confirm this in Single Player. -- 15:06, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- confirmed, also iron gollems don't spawn, even in villages with more then 20 villagers
- I also confirm that iron golems don't spawn. -- 17:02, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Villagers can be right clicked on after killing them while their body remains, and the trade interface will remain open and usable.
[X] Slimes' hitboxes are smaller or out-of-place. This is specially perceptible with the large slimes - you need to be too near to hit them with a sword. 22:39, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- I can confirm this with magma cubes (lava slimes). -- 14:18, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] When the player leaves a chunk, causing its unload, and comes close enough to that chunk to reload it, any wolves in that chunk will instantly teleport to the player, even if they were sitting when the player left. Observed on SSP, not tested in SMP. -- 08:53, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- This causes the sitting wolves/dogs to no longer sit, meaning they teleport to you and start following. Really annoying if you have a lot of wolves, and then out of nowhere you have a horde of wolves following you. -- 17:34, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Cats (not sure about wolves) will just stand up if you have them sitting somewhere for a long time. Happens randomly, from what I've noticed. This is on a SMP server. Problems occur as I have them placed strategically to ward off creepers. -- 07:10, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
- Does this happen when you are away from the cat? The report above suggests that this happens to wolves when a chunk is unloaded when you leave it. -- 09:42, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A!] The arrangement of blocks required to create a Golem does not include air surrounding the Golem, or something for the Golem to stand on. Buildings made of blocks of snow and iron can be griefed by players, or worse, Endermen, simply by placing pumpkins on them. If it is an Iron Golem that is unintentionally created, then this results in a big waste of iron.
[A] [MP] since sm and mp have merged. sp mobs had the same lag as multiplayer mobs. mojang has made that smoother so they walk normal again. but multiplayer mob movement is still very lagy. even if your server is localhosted and you're the only one online.
- Lag is not a bug. So I'm classifying this as annoyance for now.
- (Merged duplicate) squid movement is very laggy, the way they move, the way their arms move. in single and multiplayer.
[A] Snow Men head are not correctly oriented. Video 
[A] Most of the Mobs which deal food (Pigs, Cows, Chickens etc.) do not spawn much on some biomes. (since 1.8 animals do not spawn in an already loaded chunk). This makes dealing with hunger be harder.
- I think this is intended and should not be changed for realism purposes.
- Animals do still spawn in generated chunks but the spawning is at a much lower rate. See -- 14:26, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Mobs seem to glitch through fences more often than previously. Appears to be just graphical but they can be outside their pen for a significant length of time before jumping back in.
- is this on SMP or SSP?
- My friends and I noted this in our SMP server we were running, though it got more severe when mobs began to not only phase through graphically, but completely phase through fences.
- I've seen this with chickens, cows, and villagers in SSP. 23:22, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Iron golems will happily walk through/over cacti without worrying about the fact that they are getting hurt. This wasn't such a problem before, but it can become pretty significant in desert villages.
- I can confirm this. Other mobs too, I've watched a spider stand on one until it died. -- 19:26, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Spiders have stood on cacti for a long time. (I saw it in 1.0.0 and before) -- 21:04, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] My NPC villagers duplicated(2 NPC villagers with the same trades), and then they all disappeared.
- Same happened to me.
[A] Villagers don't understand double-doors, and will leave one side open.-- 18:16, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Animals spin on cocoa pods as well as fences now.
[A] Mobs (haven't seen it with all mobs, but most) can phase through solid blocks. They may or may not also turn darker while in a block, I don't remember. Nothing causes it as far as I can tell, but when I see a mob, it's usually in a block until another mob or I push it. -irunor 03:52, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [?] the breeding hearts animation doesn't appear when someone else is breeding animals, he can see it but you can't.
- Do you have particles set to "All" in the video options? -- 16:19, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Pumpkins equipped in the helmet slot will be sideways [discovered in creative]
- Confirmed in single player --- 10:05, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Confirmed in multi player --- 1:07, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- (Merged duplicate) Snow golems' pumpkins face their left side instead of front,players' pumpkin hats face their right side instead of front.
[X] When you are around 65 blocks away from a chest it will be invisible (only tested on singleplayer). -- 2 June 2012
- I tested this in a superflat creative world by placing a bunch of blocks in a row. At about 64-65 blocks away signs and chests appear to be unloaded from view. I'm not sure if there is anything else, or what the pattern appears to be. -- 11:08, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- This started happening once they made chests an entity. The same should happen with signs and paintings. -- 18:00, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Torches at the top of a 1x1 vertical shaft are still bugged. 20:36, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] While chunks are generated (especially when loading a world), rendering sometimes "misses" some spots and leaves them in a "seethrough" kind (inwisible); often it is necessary to walk near theam or inside them to make them appear. Technically they exist because entities (like animals) can be seen on/in them, walking "in the air". This was only a problem with lighting before (and for many past final versions of the game already also). This behaves the same way but affects terrain this time.
[X] Slabs still have faulty lighting when placed upside down under blocks. Example. This has been a bug since they were implemented. - 12:46, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] [SP] When going from a used world to another world(w/ an empty first slot inventory), if you have something in your hand (active slot from the used world) it will show up for a split second then disappear (when loading the other world). For example, Survival-Diamond Sword (current active slot) -> loading a (empty first slot in inventory) hardcore world -> Hardcore - Diamond Sword (appears then disappears from player's hand, not visible in inventory slot) -- 16:05, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- This has been present for several versions, possibly back in Beta or earlier. It shows the past item for one frame since it's already been rendered and the game is spending time loading chunks. The bug is more apparent in slower computers.
21:15, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I've seen it since Beta 1.6, a while now. -RyanDolan123
- This has been present for several versions, possibly back in Beta or earlier. It shows the past item for one frame since it's already been rendered and the game is spending time loading chunks. The bug is more apparent in slower computers.
[X] Z-Fighting on primed TNT.
[X] Rain doesn't make sound or particles inside Extreme Hill Biomes. 01:06, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Ghost boats that glitch through block if constantly be pushed by current --Sks0315
[X] The small mob models do not spin in their monster spawners even when there is a player right next to it. they still spawn mobs, however.
- Can't reproduce with a pig spawner. Which one is it? -- 19:31, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Cauldrons fill with rain water in the desert when it is stormy despite the fact that it doesn't rain in the desert -- 01:38, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Lily pads are grey when viewed in third person. -2mak07
- Edited for clarity. -- 20:54, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Tested in single player creatived, confirmed. -- 20:54, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- upgraded to minor graphical bug -- 12:09, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] [SP] When creating any type of world (survival, creative or hardcore), the game holds to the brown dirt screen for a while then flashes up the main menu screen just before showing the newly created world. -- 15:48, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- This also happens when loading an existing world -- 10:12, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- I also confirm this for both creating and using existing worlds. -- 17:16, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] The grown pumpkin/melon stalk appear to have part of the half-grown pumpkin/melon texture overlapping it.
[A] Lighting on a snow layer when there is a block immediately above it looks unnatural, and unlike regular blocks. Screenshot
[A] Foliage and grass colors no longer have a smooth transition based on temperature and rainfall, but instead are colored by biome. See http://imgur.com/a/penVC First image was from 1.0.0 and has smooth transitions, and the grass stays quite green several blocks into the desert biome. Second image is from 12w22a and transitions are quite abrupt and the tall grass has absolutely no color smoothing between biomes. 13:51, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] The magma cube's jumping animation is missing.
- Is this only occuring in SMP?
- Since SSP is a single player local server now, I don't think there's a difference between the two anymore. -- 12:47, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Or if there are is it rarely 09:59, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[F] [X] When there is a thunderstorm the sky does not darken.
[F] [X] When rain/snow starts, then no starting animation is done. For reference, in 1.2.x single player downfall starts by slowly fading in. The same applies when weather stops.
[!] There is no sound for lava, fire or running water.
[X] [?] thunder/lightning sound doesn't play, regardless of the biome(in my case plains). You see the flickering and the lightning but no sound
- This seems to conflict with the bug below, where the thunder sound still plays after thunder has stopped... -- 09:46, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] [?] When a thunderstorm stops, the thunder sound still plays.
- This conflicts with the bug above. -- 09:46, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] There are no rain or lightning sounds when in extreme hills biomes.
[X] noteblock sounds don't play when only 5 blocks away.
- Just tried to do this, noteblocks stop working when they're 16 blocks away, not 5. -- 19:14, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- What about the level you're on compared to noteblocks? That might make a significant difference. -- 20:30, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] Nether portal sounds don't play - neither do the sounds you're supposed to hear when near a portal nor the sounds when the loading screen is on.
[X] TNT explosions can not be heard out of a 16-block range
[X] Ambediance or cave sounds can play while the game is paused -- 17:14, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Rain sounds prevent note blocks from making sound.
- I believe this is intended, downgraded to annoyance. -- 19:14, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
- Why is it intended? Have you got a source? -- 20:27, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] when you change the name of a world, then shut down minecraft. the next time you start up minecraft. the world will have it's old name again.
[A] Tooltips in statistics show up on the last pixel line of the columns. Example -- 13:12, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- It's more visible on the item statistics (tested on a 1080p monitor) -- 13:13, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] Text inside buttons are not responsive to translated text. List of some of the text errors: List-- 16:34, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] The Done button on the options menu shares the same space as the save and quit button, meaning if you're not careful when leaving options, you might accidentally quit your game. 23:27, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[!] After typing 19 characters in a line in a book, a Section Sign (§) appears at the end of the line, and the next line starts flashing 0 and 7 instead of the cursor. Example gif -- 08:44, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Same for me when creating a cover. Very annoying.
[X] Whenever opening a book an quill to write something, the GUI is not there. All there is is the page number at the top and and a gray page with the word 'MISSING' on it. You can still type on it and turn the page, but the arrow icon is not there, making it difficult to write in books. However, it is still possible. Tested on a Powermac G5 and an iMac. Tested on SMP only. This only happens on 32-bit computers. Book and quills work fine on 64-bit computers.
[N] [X] In the cheats menu, the game doesn't pause
- "Cheats menu"? I'm going to need clarification here. 11:27, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- When cheats are enabled and you press "T" I mean't -- 12:22, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- You mean the chat then. - 12:23, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Intentional behaviour for the chat to not pause your world. If it did, you wouldn't get chat autocompletions. 12:26, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] [Cr] Sometimes tabs in the creative inventory will darken randomly.
[X] [Cr] In Creative Mode, the Destroy Item tooltip appears when mouse is over the end of the scroll bar. -- 11:33, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Screenshot:  - 12:22, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] When trading with the priest villager, it will ask for weapons/armor to enchant. You can place already enchanted weapons/armor into the initial slot even if it's the same enchantment that you get from the trade. I don't think this is intended behavior. -- 14:25, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[X] If you leave items in the second slot while trading you lose them after you closed the menu (finished trading).
[X] You can right-click items in the trade output slot to receive only half of them, you will lose the rest then.
[X] If you interact with a villager while holding a usable item, it will use the item. This can be problematic when you are holding a bow.
[X] When shift-clicking crafting output into your inventory, it is only checked if there is space for one of its kind. Crafting recipes that give multiple items, like torches, will be partially lost when the inventory can't take all of them.
[X] [Cr] Im not sure if this is intentional, or a bug, but in creative, if you use the mini crafting table and close the menu with items still inside, it will drop the original quantity of items, eg if you were breaking down a 2 emerald blocks, and you broke one, leaving one in your crafting slot, closing the menu will drop 2 blocks. This does not work in survival mode, and its not game breaking in anyway, just inconsistent. --Alphasite 09:36, 2 June 2012 (UTC) (I need to make an account).
[X] [Cr] when in creative mode, sticky pistons (maybe normal as well) when in the hotbar will have there arm flicker in a way so that sometimes you can see it and sometimes you cant. It is a very fast flickering and this might just be coincidental but it seems that it happens most near anything redstone (on or off). -2mak07
- I observed similar flickering for slabs and stairs in my inventory in Survival. Almost seems like slabs jumping up in their boxes. -jenceslav
[A] [Cr] Survival inventory in creative is EXTREMELY buggy. E.G.: Shift-clicking and then dragging out of the inventory screen and dropping. Once you have a full toolbar, and it starts to fill up your survival inventory, the items filling up replace the items in the actual inventory (even the amounts) until you refresh your inventory. Also, the items don't appear in your survival inventory tab, but if you click a tile entity (E.G. a chest), they appear in the inventory there. -irunor 00:34, 7 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Book and Quill - Can't insert blank spaces into book. Doesn't seem to be a way to indent text. Hitting Enter does not create a new line if there is no text on the current one. Can't indent text by pressing the tab button or spacebar.
- Current workaround: paste "§r" before attempting to indent, and also before hitting enter on blank lines. This is the reset formatting code, and will not show up in the text. Other formatting codes can also be used for this purpose. -- 23:17, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] I liked the way how you could search without beign in the search item tab, now to search you need to enter the search item tab
- Pressing <chat key> whilst in the creative inventory will put you in the search box, it was a bigger annoyance when it launched on every key typed. -
12:20, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Not just T, but any key bound for Chat. --
12:24, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Edited for clarity. - 12:56, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Not just T, but any key bound for Chat. --
- Pressing <chat key> whilst in the creative inventory will put you in the search box, it was a bigger annoyance when it launched on every key typed. -
[A] Holding backspace to clear characters doesn't work in the inventory search box. 12:20, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
[A] Shift-clicking does not work in the villager trading UI.
[A] While in adventure mode (if you have cheats, type "/gamemode 2"), you can still pick up items which cannot be placed. Since you can't place blocks, you shouldn't really be able to pick up those items. For example, creeper explosion leaves a pile of dirt blocks and the items are picked up, but are not placeable. -- 19:19, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- You can still craft though, so blocks that can be crafted into items (wood, cobblestone, etc.) should still be picked up. Besides, you can just throw the unusable blocks out again if you want. 21:20, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- Adventure mode involves not placing any block, so certain types of crafting is worthless as certain items (wool, glowstone etc) cannot be placed anyways, unless it is a combat item or one which assists the player with a particular function not involving breaking and placing blocks.(Made an edit in response to redstonehelper's comment below)-- 14:22, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- What about wood or cobblestone to craft tools?
- You can use swords against mobs. 21:16, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Suggested Exceptions to the Can't Place Or Remove Blocks rule in Adventure Mode in 12w22a: (Note: This is a complete rewrite of the original comment thread struck out below. 03:06, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- TNT and Cake should NOT be placeable. Players could pillar over obstacles.
- Lava and Water from buckets should NOT be placeable. Players could climb up the flows like an elevator (doing so in lava would only require a Fire Resistance potion). Use pistons or dispensers to control water and lava flows instead.
- Shears should be able to cut tripwires. Vines should not be destroyed by shears. Vine-Growth should probably be turned off to prevent unintended access to areas from climbing. Vines also should NOT be placeable to prevent unintended access.
- Food-Management will be a necessity unless Hunger is turned off. Therefore, players should be allowed to collect Wheat (allowed in 12w22a) and Watermelon Slices (disallowed). Furthermore, Farmland-Trampling should be disabled and players should be allowed to replant farmland with Wheat or Watermelon seeds. (Pumpkin seeds and Sugarcane too?)
- Flint and Steel should be allowed to set fires. (Should fire burn wool? wood? Maybe Fire-Spreading should be turned off.)
- Swords should be able to break cobwebs.
- Fishing Rods should be allowed to catch fish (allowed in 12w22a).
- I've moved the struck-out portion to the discussion page, as it was not only ugly, but no longer relevant. 09:56, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] When I open a furnace when playing in 1080p (I don't know if it happens at other resolutions), the tooltip text for the item name in the top middle slot of the inventory appears, so I open a furnace after I go mining and I immediately see the cobblestone tooltip text. I think this is slightly annoying, especially because the mouse is on the very edge of the block it's over. 23:29, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[!] Using "/time set" can sometimes cause redstone torches to get stuck in the off state. Even destroying and replacing the torches don't help. It seems like the only way to fix it is to restart the game/server.
- This bug was also reported in the "Blocks" section. -- 11:14, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] [MP] /say followed by a one-letter word is considered invalid usage of the command, but only if the one-letter word is the first word in the message. For example, "/say I love you" causes the error, but "/say I'm a banana" does not.
[A] When typing the "/kill" Command in Creative, you will get the message:"Player fell out of the World"
- thats because the only way to die in creative is falling into the void.
- I believe this is the default reason for an unknown death cause, Suicide isn't exactly a term you want in a game. - 12:57, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- If that is true, it should probably be changed to "The player died". -- 13:00, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- That's one option. -- 13:05, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I think it should say "%%PLAYERNAME%% took their own life" 14:47, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] While playing in single player, you can be kicked by spamming chat or commands.
[A] Commands are case sensitive. For example, typing "/TIME SET 0" won't do anything.
[A] Cheats must be enabled to show the level seed.
- Extremely intentional. It restricts the revealing the seed to only server ops. -- 15:59, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] You can't chat or use commands when inside a nether portal. -- 19:07, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Problem viewing all whitelisted players. I can type "/whitelist list" and see 14 of about 19 players. I've tried "/whitelist list 2", but it just ignores the 2 and lists the same players. Not sure how to view all of them. 05:37, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think thats a bug not annoyance 09:29, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] In Australian English, , Spawn Pig, Spawn Spider, , , , , , Spawn Wolf, Spawn Ocelot and are labelled as , Spawn Mutant Kangaroo, Spawn Deadly Spider, Stove, Surfboard, jarate (IDK what this means), Raw Cockatiel, Barbecued Cockatiel, Spawn Dingo, Spawn Wild Cat and Didgeridoo respectively. I think this maybe a joke but that's for Mojang to decide.
- Correcting this in the translations. I've also reported these 'griefers' on the platform. - 12:27, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- So, does that mean Australian English isn't another one of those joke languages like pirate or klingon? :p -- 17:25, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- The person who submitted these was clearly trolling (as in, posting "Mamma mia" in an Italian Game Over translation. -- 01:28, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think this is another of the joke translations, making fun of the often deadly Australian wildlife ect. As British/American English modes are good enough for us Australians, it should be considered a feature and left as it is.
- Yes, this was my point. I wonder whether the australian language was created solely for a joke translation. However, if these translations were just down to one guy who also preyed on the Italian translation (which clearly should be a serious language) then maybe not. Its for Mojang to decided anyway. -- 11:20, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Also, awkward potions are called pre-pubescent potions in Australian English
- Jarate is a Team Fortress 2 reference from the snipers jar of piss and karate (which he calls jarate).
- Most is fixed, but there are I think two string with Australian slangs and I don't know if it should be kept that way. -- 04:22, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
[X] The Hebrew language from Israel is labelled (IL) אנגלית. However, in Hebrew that word actually means "English." It should say (IL) עברית, which means "Hebrew" in Hebrew. -- 15:25, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Slabs crafted from cobblestone are called "Cobblestone Slabs", but stairs crafted from cobblestone are called "Stone Stairs".
- Is this from the US English language files or another language type? -- 19:44, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- US English language file. 21:12, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- True. But isn't this on purpose? -- 21:23, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
- I'm pretty sure they didn't use two different words for the same block (CobbleStone) on purpose.
- I thought that because sometime ago Diamond was named Emerald on source code `-`. However you have a point, and this should be taken to the staff IMO 16:55, 1 June 2012 (UTC)
- Diamond is called Emerald in the source code because it was called Emerald in indev.
[A] In Canadian English, is called "Emerald Ore Eh?"
- Done by the same guy who did the above translations. -- 14:24, 2 June 2012 (UTC)
- Please don't use the [F] tag, this is only for mojang to use. -- 10:29, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
- I am Canadian, and I find this kind of funny. Maybe there should be a language called "Canadian, Eh?" along with proper Canadian English. It isn't the first time the Canadian language files got greifed, after all.-- 10:39, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] Some languages such as pirate speak or French from France (labelled Français (français)) have text which is shrunk and appears to be something like Arial Narrow rather than Arial Bold. This is not really a problem except the current experience level is rendered misaligned with its frame, so the black border is rendered for normal text but the green numbers are rendered in narrow. Screenshot 15:20, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's the file encoding. Try to modify it to UTF-8 (without BOM) and see if it changes. -- 23:42, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
[A] When clicking on Candandian French, it says "Les tranductions peuvent ne pas être précises à 100%" but the "ne" should go before the "peuvent" because the grammatical error sounds very weird. -- 15:28, 4 June 2012 (UTC)
- Not actually a grammatical error, just a very unusual formulation. Actually it's quite frequent in formal or rustic French.
- You are totally wrong... The translation: "Les tranductions peuvent ne pas être précises à 100%" Is Perfect and should not be changed. Else, it would sounds like it CAN'T be a good translation. However, it should be spelled "Les Traductions" and not "Les Tranductions".
- Whatever, you all are the experts. I'm not fluent in french, but I've had it for three years.