For further info, see the issues notice page.
Do not delete this page, any issues currently being recorded are purely for archiving purposes.
- 1 Crashing/system
- 2 Gameplay
- 3 World generator
- 4 Mobs/NPCs
- 5 Graphical/lighting
- 6 Sounds
- 7 Menus
- 8 In-game interfaces/HUD
- 9 Chat/commands
- 10 Language/text files
- 11 References
[!] Hopper duplicates certain items. When thrown on top, items are duplicated and deposited into chest. Tested with hopper placed beside chest, single player, Mac. Duplicated water bucket, hopper, fire resist potion. Did not duplicate beef, seems random. Does not duplicate same items when placed inside the hopper. The bug can duplicate enchanted items (cheat!), it seems the Hopper needs to be empty before sucking the item. And the item has to be not instantly sucked. In fact the item is sucked twice and duplicated. Able to duplicate full stacks!!
[!] Similarly to the post above, hoppers indeed still duplicate items. If you have a hopper connected to nothing and you toss an item in, and quickly right click it, you will see a duplicate (not ghosted) item, but it only works with stackable items as far as I personally can tell. I believe it is directly related to the lagging of actions, as this does not affect blocks, so whenever the client opens it up, 2 items will be there, and although you must be quick, you must not be too quick. Also, everyone, please remember to sign your posts! Use ~~~~, you do not need an account to do so. ( | | ) 17:59, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
[!] Whenever i enter a Minecraft world that is not superflat, i spawn underground inside stone, not in a cave or anything related. I then start suffocating. I am using a Mac in singleplayer.
[!] any items placed in a lit furnace placed on top of a hopper will result in the furnace burning forever and the items dissapearing.
[!] When a redstone torch is placed on a block (the side) and then the solid block is removed the redstone torch remains floating in the same slanted position. Reproducable easily in in different worlds. There must be a block underneath the redstone torch. Hereis a video demonstrating the bug
[!] Redstone dust placed under a block with detector rail on top of it never becomes unpowered. 02:57, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
[X] Hopper does indeed duplicate items. From what I can tell, it seems indiscriminate as to what is duplicated. PC version, server accessed via LAN. Tested whether water flows had anything to do with it, but it doesn't seem as such. Created a chute to drop items into, using water as a guiding mechanism, where it delivers the items to the hopper to be placed in a chest. Every item I have tried results in duplication. Potions, torches, rotten flesh, oak wood planks.
[X] when placing redstone on a block that has the ability to show something else. such as coal is actually stone with rendered black dots. The black dots do not render until redstone is placed on them. May be reproducible with other items that aren't redstone. Another example is a grass block without weeds on top of it. if redstone is placed on top of it usually the redstone will dissapear and grass will replace it.
[X] Pistons will remain extended when pushing redstone block upwards.
[X] If redstone dust is near a block that is powered by a comparator, it will be powered with the strength of the comparator even if its connected to stronger signals.
[X] When breaking a, both iron and wooden door, it shows white particles.
[X] lighten is broken with cart with TNT. in low lightning but you can still see the cart perfectly
[A] When a sticky piston pushes a redstone block up, it will remain in the extended position after the power is removed. [Mr_Lazybear]
- This isn't a bug, pistons can be used in BUD swithes, block update detectors, items in minecraft like pistons that take power can get powered from non-linear sources, like 2 units above an upward facing piston, the piston will not update until a block changes linearly to the piston, this can be solved using a comparator, which provides constant updates to the block in front of it, even when not powered. It affects all OS and all game modes.
- I agree that this is not a bug so I changed it to an annoyance. I also tried to update all sides and below the piston, but it never retracted. I tried adding and removing blocks from around it, and tried using a comparator as mentioned, but none of them work. So is it still not a bug? [Mr_Lazybear]
[X] Created a superflat exposed stronghold world, opened it to LAN, and found the stronghold. Some blocks were invisible, but still solid. However, the other person on LAN could see it just fine.
[X] Created a random seeded world and every 10 blocks or so of walking I get stuck and my character is unable to move and starts shaking, happens when on ground and jumping, cant find away around this issue so I can't play Minecraft at the moment :(
- Destroy the block below you. It should stop then. - 21:29, 11 January 2013 (UTC)
[X] When a mob wielding a named item kill a player, the death message will use the dead player's name in the place of the mob name ex: Steve was slain by Steve using Excalibur.
[X] Enderman name tags are not high enough/inside them
[A] Sometimes, Endermen have their mouths open but are neutral to player and other mobs.
[!] Large chunks of Villages and jungles are not visually rendered. I run into them and cannot pass through. I can place blocks against them. But visually they never render. reproducible in all modes. On every OS.
- This has been happening client-side since the 1.3 snapshots. You see large sections (always 16x16 at least) of curiously empty spaces, but trying to walk onto/into them bugs the client. It happened in multiplayer before the 1.3 update, since in 1.3 singleplayer practically went multiplayer. This was necessary to include the LAN world feature. Also please sign your posts with four tildes (~~~~), you don't have to have an account! This is actually an extremely rare occurrence in single player, but may happen often if you use mods such as Minecraft Forge, it forces the client to use a separate server to play on, but it is more mod friendly. But this is not a wiki for reporting mod issues, however. This does and can still happen in single player, but it is quite rare. It is mostly noticeable in villages and jungles since there are many large structures everywhere. ( | | ) 18:07, 9 January 2013 (UTC)
[X] Ghast's fireballs use the Diamond Helmet texture instead of the Fire Charge texture. Discovered on a Mac and Windows Operating system and in Survival, Creative, Adventure mode and on LAN. 23:45, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
[A] When moving items around in the inventory, there is slight "lag" when you click to when you actually pick up the item. (Untested on other computers, happens on a 20FPS game) -- 11:56, 5 January 2013 (UTC)
- First off, glad to see someone signs their posts (many forget), second, my computer runs windows XP professional, but with pretty descent (yet outdated) hardware. My games now tend to run ~ 100 FPS, and I still experience this. I believe it causes a bug I reported further up the page, where you can duplicate items with the hopper. Seems to happen only in these redstone update snapshots. ( | | ) 18:11, 9 January 2013 (UTC)