|— Axel to everyone.|
Axel is one of the main characters in Minecraft: Story Mode. He is a large, strong human who is known to be a prankster/joker, is one of Jesse's best friends, and a member of Jesse's Gang. He is voiced by Brian Posehn. He first appeared in " The Order of the Stone".
- Season 1
Axel is muscular and tall in appearance and has short, black hair along with a unibrow and his skin is pale white. He has a 2.5 block build. He wears a green jacket, black finger-less gloves, tan pants, and sandals. Later on, he also gains a helmet similar to Magnus the Rogue's, a chest piece similar to his former shirt with gloves and brown boots.
- Season 2
Axel's jacket is now replaced with a green plaid flannel, which is left unbuttoned to reveal a black t-shirt with a skull on it.
Axel is portrayed to be a joker who enjoys making people laugh. Throughout the game, he acts as a source of comic relief. He makes lots of sarcastic quips and short one-liners. He is revealed to be a bit of a coward, but is very fierce when defending his friends and will risk a great deal to protect them. He is, at times, loud and explosive and enjoys griefing. Axel is also shown to be a kleptomaniac, as he tries to steal small items whenever he can.
- "Thanks for believing in me, buddy."
- —Axel to Jesse in the Temple of the Old Builders
- "It was Aiden! That punk!"
- "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is sad."
- —Axel to Jesse. (Determinant)
- "There's something different about you Jesse. Something- oh-man oh-man oh-man!"
- —Axel to Jesse (determinant)
- "After I watch one more chicken get owned."
- —Axel to Jesse. (Determinant)
- "Haven't you done enough damage for one day? Petra might be dead because of you!"
- —Axel blaming Lukas for Petra's presumed death.
- "Jesse means US, not you."
- —Axel to Lukas (Determinant)
- "I felt all of that!"
- —Axel after he tripped after the potion of slowness wore off. (Determinant)
- "Isn't it weird how dispensers are carved to look like spooky little faces? What do you dispense, little guy?"
- "(Name of group)'s luck is changing."
- "Magnus, we totally got caught by Magnus! I mean...I think we're gonna die now."
- —Axel, when first seeing Magnus the Rogue. (Determinant)
- "Dude, what a chicken!"
- —Axel talking about Soren when he runs away. (Determinant)
- "How do you make Enderman focused? I can't even make myself focused."
- —Axel to Olivia.
- "Whoa, that is, without question, the coolest thing I have ever, ever seen!"
- —Axel when Jesse shows him the weapon he/she made.
- "I think I got something... in both my eyes."
- —Axel, when Jesse is talking about Reuben in his speech. (Determinant)
- "WHY ARE WE SCREAMING?!"
- —Axel. (Determinant)
- "Oh, it's that guy from EnderCon who was afraid of chickens!"
- —Axel about the usher. (Determinant)
- "I thought maybe you'd have like a cool motivational thing to say there, but... that's cool, that's cool."
- —Axel to Jesse outside the Temple of the Old Builders. (Determinant)
- "It's just... I really love cake."
- —Axel to Jesse inside the Temple of the Old Builders.
- "That guy's voice is the worst. I can even hear it through the obsidian."
- —Axel to Jesse about Hadrian's voice when Axel's in an obsidian prison.
- "Huh? What part are we at? Am I being awesome?"
- —Axel after waking up.
- "I promised myself I wouldn't cry. Promise broken!"
- —Axel when he gives Petra one last hug before her departure.
- Axel often falls on top of Lukas as a reoccurring gag. He does so four times throughout the game.
- In "Order Up!", it is revealed Axel loves cake.
- Axel is mentioned in Episode 6 and 7. This is the same with Olivia.
- In Episode 6, Ivor mentions that it was possible they could have followed the gang and went through the Sky City Portal.
- In Episode 7, PAMA tells Jesse that PAMA will make Axel and Olivia useful.
- He's also mentioned in Season 2 Episode 3 by Romeo, disguised as Jesse.
- A quote by Axel, "The spirit is willing, but the flesh is sad", references a Bible verse; Mark 14:38
- Axel, alongside Slab, Reuben (human), Clutch, Emily, Fred, Capital T, and the other Gladiators have big builds only seen in Minecraft: Story Mode.
- In Episode 2, Axel has an arrow in his knee if Jesse chooses to visit Boom Town (Determinant).
- According to Eric Stirpe, Axel was originally going to have a pet bat in "Assembly Required", the bat idea was cut due to budget issues. 
- Eric Stirpe claims, that when Minecraft: Story Mode was in early production it originally had swearing; Axel would often use a few swears. 
- "He did in an early early draft of “Assembly Required.” Sadly had to get cut for budget reasons!" – Stirpicus, September 16, 2017, Tumblr
- "In the 80s, it was a lot more common to have movies with kids cussin’ and swearin’ ... In the early, earliest days of MCSM way back in, like, Christmas-time 2014, there were some folks at TTG who wanted to capture the feeling of those specific “80s adventure movies for kids” complete with the cussin’ and swearin’" – Stirpicus, October 13, 2017, Tumblr