Minecraft Interactive Experience
Do you like this video?
For the development cycle as a whole, see Java Edition Infdev.
Unavailable from launcher (except for one)|
see individual pages for more info
- Can now be 3D.
- Fast/fancy graphics option toggle.
- The player now suffocates while stuck inside blocks.
- Can be written on.
- Can be climbed.
- Can be opened and closed.
- Spawn in dungeons.
- Cobblestone and wood variant.
- Can be eaten.
- Can pick up liquids.
- Spawn in dungeon chests.
- Can be ridden.
- Can have minecarts placed on them.
- Generated structures
- Brick pyramids.
- Obsidian walls
- far lands
- A line of obsidian blocks extending infinitely along the x and z axes.
- Now generate naturally.
- Spawn with mob spawners and loot chests.
- Is now completely blue (hex #0000FF)
- This is completely internal to the development period and only existed for a double version
- The player
- Now drops their items upon death.
- Now dies after falling out of the world.
- Days are now slightly longer than nights.
- Now spreads to flammable blocks.
- Now spreads to nearby dirt blocks.
- Now generates after water touches flowing lava.
- Now generates after water touched a lava source.
- Lava now only spreads 4 blocks instead of 8.
- Now generates at level 0.
- Now has a falling animation.
- Now save after a world reload.
- Infinite worlds
- World now generate infinitely in every direction.
- Rooms now have 1-5 exits, instead of just 1, making natural hubs.
- Caves are even more regional, with truly Swiss cheese areas being possible but rare.
- Springs, both water and lava, are more common.
- Increased variety in tunnel thickness, increasing the odds of branches.
- Added natural gravel and dirt underground for more varied caves.