The Wraith appears to be an undead ghost-like mob that resembles a skeleton but composed of a skull and a small rib cage. It wears a blue hood over itself that glows and has two small hands.
- Creeper Woods (Adventure or Apocalypse)
- Creepy Crypt (Adventure or Apocalypse)
- Desert Temple
- Lower Temple
- Highblock Halls
- Frosted Fjord (In ambush in secret area)
- Lone Fortress (Summoned by Wretched Wraith)
- Soul Sand Valley
- Woodland Mansion
- Woodland Prison
The Wraith attacks the player by creating a 3-by-3 area of scorching blue flames on the ground under the player. The flames burn the player and cause damage over time.
Stunning the Wraith while it is attacking allows the player to cancel its attack.
The Wraith can teleport away from players if they get too close. Wraiths are immune to their own blue flames and enchanted fire from other mobs. Wraiths follow players so they never lose their target, and if low on health, they will teleport away.
The Ancient Terror is the ancient variant of the Wraith encountered during Ancient Hunts with the minimum offering of . The ancient resides within a Creepy Crypt or Underhalls-themed arena and possesses, at minimum, the following enchantments:
- The blue flames the wraith summons appears to be soul fire. Minecraft Dungeons was announced, and in development, quite some time before the Nether Update and soul fire were announced, however.
- Some of the sounds resemble that of a ghast from the base game.