- Squid Coast
- Creeper Woods
- Creepy Crypt
- Woodland Mansion
- Woodland Prison
- Soggy Swamp
- Soggy Cave
- Pumpkin Pastures
- Arch Haven
- Cacti Canyon
- Redstone Mines
- Fiery Forge
- Highblock Halls
- Obsidian Pinnacle
- Frosted Fjord
- Lone Fortress
- Lost Settlement
- Windswept Peaks
- Gale Sanctum
- Gauntlet of Gales
- Colossal Rampart
- Radiant Ravine (secret area)
- End Wilds
- Broken Citadel
A vindicator attacks the hero on sight. It usually moves faster than other melee mobs. If it sees a hero, it charges and attacks with an axe.
Although vindicators have high movement speed, they have more delay than other melee mobs when attacking. Their attack speed is slightly slower than zombies but deal more damage and are tougher.
If a vindicator standing is standing in a taunt circle and getting hurt, they become aggressive and deal more damage to the hero.
Vindicators lock onto the hero if they run more than 15 blocks away.
The Vindicator has 110 HP in the code. On Default I, all mobs have 9.6% health and 12% damage of what is set in the code.
- Unlike the original game's vindicator, the vindicator in Minecraft Dungeons had its Idle 5 sound removed.
- The vindicator and its variants have new "Novelty" sounds, such as a taunt sounds when swinging its weapon or axe.
- The vindicator of the beta versions that can be seen in the Minecraft Dungeons: Opening Cinematic and in the Squid Coast loading screen, used the skin texture of the base game (pre 1.14) and had a collar with the same color as the pants, instead of red.
- In a cutscene seen between The Stronghold and End Wilds, some vindicators can be seen walking around without axes.
Before the Arch-Illager appeared, the Vindicators were the basic illager soldiers, guarding the woodland mansions and participating in raids, after Archie keeps the Orb of Dominance, the vindicators and pillagers led by the evokers Thord and Walda, joined the Arch-Illager's army, patrolling now the Highblock Keep, the Fiery Forge, Redstone Mines, and participating in raids, now with the help of redstone golems and the Redstone Monstrosity. After the heroes defeat the Arch-Illager, they traveled to other areas of the mainland and even other dimensions, where vindicators can also be found.
|Dungeons Beta||Added vindicators.|
|184.108.40.206||Adjusted new "taunt circle + lock" behavior for vindicators.|
|Reduced charge speed.|
|Reduced melee ticks to 2 (was 3).|
|Added behavior which makes them go aggressive when hurt when standing in taunt circle.|
|They now get locked on the player if they run away > 15 blocks.|