Tower guards are illagers similar in appearance to royal guards with the difference of them being exclusive to the tower and having unique armor and weapons. Firstly, they wear a unique hood with yellow outlines in the back, they also wear red underclothing under their armor, and lastly, they wear capes and don a unique shield. The same pattern on their shield is seen on their capes. Their eyes are also seen glowing a bright blue.
Tower guards have strength that is equivalent of the Arch-Illager’s royal guards, capable of overwhelming the hero with both damage and numbers, they also like to circle the hero blocking them.
Tower guards are usually protected by their heavy armor, with their shield and glaive. The shield can deflect all ranged attacks unlike shields of royal guards which can be broken with ranged attacks, so it must be destroyed first, so the hero can damage it. Tower guards are slower than most mobs, but extremely strong, capable of dealing heavy damage to the hero. Their health pool is larger than the royal guards and they do more melee damage. They still can be stunned by normal attacks.
They have three behaviors:
- Charge attack
Tower guards are capable of charging at the hero if they are within range.
- Basic attack
Tower guards are capable of swinging their glaive at the hero, dealing heavy damage.
- Target lock
Tower guards are capable of locking onto heroes that run fifteen blocks away from them, chasing them.
Tower guard shield
Tower guard shields are red with golden outlines, one on every edge of the shield and one square outline in the interior of the shield. There are four additional outlines inside of the interior outline. These have dark gray squares inside. The weird shape of the squares almost resembles the tower where the tower guards spawn but this is currently unconfirmed. There is an additional dark gray square on top of the shield.
Tower guard shields deflect all ranged attacks, unlike royal guard shields
Tower guard spear
Tower guard spears are long dark gray spears that resemble a glaive. The blade on the edge of the spear is a diamond like color however it is currently unknown if the blade is actually made of diamond. This diamond color also appears on the other edge of the spear in the form of two small pieces that decorate the weapon.
|Basic attack (armor)|
|Basic attack (swing)|
|Charge attack start|
|Charge attack stop (collide)|
|Charge attack stop (normal)|
|Shield break (vocal)|
- In the game files, tower guards are referred to internally by the name
- In the game files, tower guard shields are referred to internally by the name
- In the game files, tower guard spears are referred to internally by the name
|October 16, 2021||Tower guards are revealed in-game in the live as one of them attacks and overwhelms the hero in numbers. They are also revealed to exclusively spawn in the tower.|
|October 16, 2021||A video was shown in a Twitter post featuring tower guards again in-game.|
|October 16, 2021||Another video was shown in a Twitter post, showing a hero being saved by another hero from enchanted tower guards.|
|184.108.40.206||Added tower guards, tower guard shields, and tower guard spears.|
Three tower guards are seen being accompanied by three tower wraiths, with one green.
- "And that’s not all, we’re also bringing the mysterious Tower to Dungeons. Test yourself in this new adventure and ultimate challenge – will you reach the top?" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, October 16, 2021
- "As you enjoy another look at the new content coming to Dungeons, let’s hand things back to @Minecraft!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, October 16, 2021
- "Heroes, the adventure continues! Seasonal Adventures are coming to Dungeons! Advance through an all-new progression system to earn pets, flairs, emotes and skins! Coming December, reach new heights during Cloudy Climb – Dungeons’ first Seasonal Adventure! #CloudyClimb" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, October 16, 2021
- "NEW TOWER MOBS Meet tough-as-nails Tower Guards, and Tower Wraiths – who are known to pack a poison punch! This pair won’t let your tower trek be easy! How will you fare in #CloudyClimb, coming Dec 14!?" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, November 25, 2021
- "Who’s the tougher new Tower mob? #CloudyClimb" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, December 22, 2021