The Tempest Golem is a boss mob in the Minecraft Dungeons DLC Howling Peaks and is found within the Tempest Chamber within the Gale Sanctum. It is the ancient protector of the sanctum according to the Gale Sanctum description.
The Tempest Golem is a colossal golem-like mob. It is made of stone, has a golden back, and has windmill-like poles. Its head is square with a purple stud on its forehead, small eyes, and a big jaw. Jade banners can be seen hanging below the Golem's chin, and its front body possesses intricate etched lines and 4 jade blocks on each end of its body. Both of its arms possess giant gold swords with purple stripes going down the middle, plus its forearms are larger than its upper arms. The Tempest Golem also has a shard of the Orb of Dominance in its chest, which is covered by two jade-colored panels with a swirl symbol on them. These two panels are considered its shield, and it protects its shard with them. The golem appears to be 10 to 12 blocks tall (20 to 24 blocks tall in the artwork), which would make it the tallest boss or mob in the game.
Upon the arrival of the shard to the island where Howling Peaks takes place, it takes control of the ancient Tempest Golem. The golem sits within the Tempest Chamber in the Gale Sanctum in which it was whipping up a huge storm that was determined to destroy all known life in the overworld, in which the player must stop it from happening. After making it to the Tempest Chamber where the tempest golem resides, the player activates the 2 wind pillars, which awakens the golem. After deactivating the pillars and damaging the golem several times, the shard shatters, therefore destroying the golem and hindering it of life, stopping the storm and ending the story of Howling Peaks.
The Tempest Golem never moves from where it spawned, always remaining immobile similar to the Corrupted Cauldron. It has 4 different attacks. Chilling, Satchel of the Elements, and other freezing abilities do not affect the Tempest Golem's attack speed (However, it does work on the other DLC bosses). It has the weakest attacks of any DLC boss mob in the game.
The Tempest Golem's melee, shield, and lightning attacks can knock away other mobs, but not damage them.
- Sword attack
If a player goes to either side of the Tempest Golem, it smashes the ground with one of its sword arms, creating a small shockwave around it and deal some or a bit of damage to the player.
- Shield attack
If a player goes in front of the Tempest Golem's body, it quickly opens its two shield panels, dealing little damage and knocking them away. It then closes them shortly after.
- Electric tornado
Occasionally, the Tempest Golem summons a lightning bolt to attack a player. This is signified by a blue square on the ground which follows the player for 5 seconds. After 5 seconds, lightning strikes down on that square, dealing heavy damage. As of the newer updates, this attack can no longer damage the player.
- Squall golem activation
After the Tempest Golem is stunned and gets back up, or when it is initially activated, 2 random Squall Golems from the back of the area awaken and assist the Tempest Golem. There are a total of 8 Squall Golems in its arena.
|Power||Min Health||Power Level|
|33||7603||Default 7 and Adventure 1|
|68||40243||Adventure 7 and Apocalypse 1|
- Emerald Gear and its unique variants, Gilded Glory and Opulent Armor
- Daily Trial - Ghostly Armor and its unique variant, Ghost Kindler
- Mystery Armor
- Phantom Armor and its unique variant, Frost Bite
- Plate Armor and its unique variant, Full Metal Armor
- Claymore and its unique variants, the Broadsword and Heartstealer and Great Axeblade
- Tempest Knife and its unique variants, the Chill Gale Knife andResolute Tempest Knife
- Bow and its unique variants, the Bonebow and Twin Bow
- Shortbow and its unique variants, the Love Spell Bow, Mechanical Shortbow and Purple Storm
- Wind Bow and its unique variants, the Burst Gale Bow and Echo of the Valley
- Artifacts such as Corrupted Beacon, Harvester and Satchel of Elements can also be dropped by the Tempest Golem on defeating
|Tempest Golem Theme|
|Tempest Golem Theme End|
The specific instructions are: New sounds
|Deactivate Arm React|
|Deactivate Shield React|
|Ranged Attack Impact|
|October 3, 2020||Howling Peaks announced during Minecraft Live 2020, with the release date set to be in December 9 2020.|
|184.108.40.206||Added model, textures and sound files for the Tempest Golem into the game, currently unused. Also added model information for a "Tempest Crystal."|
|220.127.116.11||Added the Tempest Golem.|
- Being corrupted by the Orb of Dominance's shard doesn't make the Tempest Golem's attacks stronger.
- In the poster art, The Tempest Golem has a slightly different appearance. It is lighter and shinier, and has smaller pink pupils, a more bluish body, and shorter eyebrows.
- In the Howling Peaks gameplay section of Minecraft Live, in the ambush section, the Tempest Golem has a slightly different ambush roar than what it currently has.
- It is the only DLC boss to have 2 types of ambush sound effects. It is also the only boss that doesn't create ambush sound effect on its own level.