A royal guard is a heavily-armored illager that wields a shield and a mace found in Minecraft Dungeons. The royal guards are the highest ranking guards of the Arch-Illager and they protect him at all costs. A variant of the royal guard, the tower guard exists in certain floors of the tower.
- Redstone Mines (Ancient Hunt)
- Highblock Halls
- Obsidian Pinnacle
- Lone Fortress
- Lost Settlement
- Gale Sanctum
- Gauntlet of Gales
- Colossal Rampart
- Broken Citadel
- Sometimes in other missions with Raid Captain
Royal guards are one of the strongest illagers in the Arch-Illager’s army, capable of overwhelming the hero with both damage and numbers.
Royal guards are usually protected by their heavy armor and their shield and mace. The shield should be destroyed first, so the hero can damage it. Royal guards are slower than most mobs, but extremely strong, capable of dealing heavy damage to the hero. Their health pool is larger than the gold armored vindicator and they do more melee damage. They still can be stunned by normal attack.
They have three behaviors:
If a royal guard is in range it charges at the hero.
- Basic attack
Royal guards are capable of swinging their mace at the hero, dealing heavy damage.
- Target lock
If the hero runs fifteen blocks away from a royal guard, it locks onto them and chases after them, ignoring other heroes.
Royal guard shield
A royal guard shield is an unobtainable shield equipped exclusively by royal guards.
The specific instructions are: Walk, attack sounds and death sound with armor sound
|Mace ground smash|
Upon defeating the vigilant scoundrel, a gilded variant of the following items will drop as a reward:
- In the game files, the royal guard is referred to internally as the
- In the game files, the royal guard’s shield is referred to internally as the
|Dungeons Beta||32pxAdded royal guards and royal guard shields.|
|184.108.40.206||Adjusted new "taunt circle + lock" behavior for Royal Guard.|
|Reduced charge speed.|
|Reduced melee ticks to 2 (was 3).|
|Added behavior which makes them go aggressive when hurt when standing in taunt circle.|
|They now get locked on the hero if they run away > 15 blocks.|
|October 16, 2021||A video was shown in a twitter post revealing that tower guards, a royal guard variant, will spawn within the Cloudy Climb tower.|
|October 16, 2021||Another video was shown in a twitter post revealing that royal guards will spawn alongside tower guards.|
|October 16, 2021||A video was shown in a twitter post, showing a hero being saved by another hero from enchanted royal guards.|
- Sometimes, the Creepy Crypt and Panda Plateau can generate a skeleton with the royal guard's equipment. When the hero clicks on it, the skeleton disappears and waves of skeletons are summoned around it. After the waves have been defeated, the hero gets a chest reward, but still can't take the dark armor and the shield.
A skeleton with the royal guard's equipment found in the Creepy Crypt.
Two royal guards found in the Lone Fortress.
The vigilant scoundrel attacking a hero equipped with an ember robe.
- "And that’s not all, we’re also bringing the mysterious Tower to Dungeons. Test yourself in this new adventure and ultimate challenge – will you reach the top?" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, October 16, 2021
- "As you enjoy another look at the new content coming to Dungeons, let’s hand things back to @Minecraft!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, October 16, 2021
- "Heroes, the adventure continues! Seasonal Adventures are coming to Dungeons! Advance through an all-new progression system to earn pets, flairs, emotes and skins! Coming December, reach new heights during Cloudy Climb – Dungeons’ first Seasonal Adventure! #CloudyClimb" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, October 16, 2021