The redstone monstrosity is the boss variant of the redstone golem. It appears in the Fiery Forge as the final boss, summoned by the Arch-Illager as a last resort to protect the forge after the heroes overloaded all of the redstone cores to destroy the factory.
After the Arch-Illager realizes that heroes like Smacker can destroy the redstone golems quite easily, he decides to create something even stronger that no hero could destroy, which is the redstone monstrosity. After it is created it assists Archie, such as by carrying him over long distances. When the illagers go to raid Squid Coast, the redstone monstrosity is ordered to chase after Smacker. It is unknown if the redstone monstrosity kills him. When the heroes arrive in the Fiery Forge, the Arch-Illager summons the redstone monstrosity. Eventually, the heroes defeat the redstone monstrosity and it is never seen again. The heroes take its head and hang it over the fireplace.
The redstone monstrosity appears to be a hulking, mechanical entity made of stone and redstone patches. It has multiple cracks within its body and red outlines within its torso. It has three glowing yellow eyes with the third one on its forehead and a red jaw. It possesses two large horns on its head. The mooshroom monstrosity and redstone golem are variants of this entity. It is about 5.4 blocks tall (7.2 blocks tall in the 220.127.116.11 trailer update).
The redstone monstrosity has three attacks. While not attacking, it slowly walks toward its target. It is the second slowest mob in the game, after the jungle abomination.
- Awaken sequence
The redstone monstrosity has an unused awaken sequence.
- Slam attack
The redstone monstrosity smashes both of its fists on the ground, creating a large four-block shockwave that deals knockback and deals very heavy damage to any entities in its radius. This attack is the one used most often when it’s target gets in range.
The redstone monstrosity leans back and spits out 8 small fireballs from its mouth. When a fireball touches the ground, it explodes in a small radius and deals massive damage to the hero. This attack is used mostly when there are no heroes in melee reach, and is more powerful than its melee attack (30%x8=240% range total damage vs 100% melee damage). The explosion damage is not affected by the totem of shielding.
- Strong attack
The redstone monstrosity touches the ground with both fists as the redstone on its body glows.
- Lava attack
Twelve fissures form around the boss, each spawning a redstone cube and redstone Golem that attacks heroes. This attack occurs every twenty seconds. Sometimes the monstrosity performs this attack, but no redstone cubes are summoned.
The redstone cube appears to be a Block of Redstone with stone patches and eyes with eyebrows. Its eyes look almost identical to the ones found on the Redstone Golem. It leaves a small trail of Redstone Dust as it moves.
- Basic attack
The redstone cube relentlessly chases a hero by rolling towards them, dealing damage upon contact.
The redstone monstrosity has 12,000 HP in the code. On Default I, all mobs have 9.6% health and 12% damage of what is set in the code.
Redstone monstrosity health
The redstone monstrosity has 12,000 HP. On Default I, all mobs have 12% health of what is set in the code.
- Dark Armor
- Mercenary Armor
- Plate Armor
- Reinforced Mail
- Scale Mail
- Burst Crossbow (MCD:Daily Trials)
- Exploding Crossbow
- Power Bow
|Redstone monstrosity theme start|
|Redstone monstrosity theme done|
The specific instructions are: Smash attack sounds
|File:Sfx mob rsMonstrositySmashAttack soundWave-001.ogg||Smash attack|
The specific instructions are: sounds without background noise; more sounds
|Gameplay reveal trailer roar|
|Opening cinematic roar|
- In the official artwork for Dungeons, the Arch-Illager is sitting on its shoulder. However, the Arch-Illager is not part of the boss fight, nor is the monstrosity a part of the Arch-Illager fight.
- On online, the Boss's HP increases by 33.33% (as well as increases damage by 17.53%) when another hero plays someone's game. This means that the boss's HP increases from 100% to 200% (and damage from 100% to 150%) when there are four heros in multiplayer. [needs testing]
- Before the release of Minecraft Dungeons, the trailer features some redstone monstrosities that were going to be added in Creeper Woods and Redstone Mines; however, they can be found only in the Fiery Forge after the full release.
- When defeated, the redstone monstrosity always faces south.
- The 18.104.22.168 update features a video about the Arch-Illager spawning (or teleporting) a redstone monstrosity out of the arena, which contains redstone cores which is impossible in the gameplay because there is no way to get the redstone monstrosity out of the arena.
- The texture for the Redstone Cube includes a stray pixel.
- Redstone Cubes can be seen in the loading screen of Obsidian Pinnacle, but they do not appear in that location.