Minecraft Dungeons:Redstone Monstrosity
The Redstone Monstrosity appears to be a hulking, mechanical entity made of stone and redstone patches. It appears to have multiple cracks within the body and red outlines within its torso. It has three glowing yellow eyes with the third one on its forehead and a red jaw. It possesses two large horns on its head. The Mooshroom Monstrosity and Redstone Golem are variants of this entity. It is about 5.4 blocks tall (7.2 blocks tall in the 184.108.40.206 trailer update).
The Redstone Monstrosity has three attacks. While not attacking, it slowly walks toward the player. It is the second slowest mob in the game, after the Jungle Abomination.
- Monstrosity Smash
The Redstone Monstrosity smashes both of its fists on the ground, creating a large 4-block shockwave that deals knockback and deals very heavy damage to any entities in its radius. This attack is the one used most often when a player gets in range.
- Monstrosity Fissures
The Redstone Monstrosity touches the ground with both fists as the redstone on its body glows. 12 fissures form around the boss, each spawning a Redstone Cube that attacks the player. This attack occurs every 20 seconds.
- Monstrosity Mortars
The Redstone Monstrosity leans back and spits out 8 small fireballs from its mouth. When a fireball touches the ground, it explodes in a small radius and deals massive damage to the player. This attack is used mostly when there are no players close to the Monstrosity, and is more powerful than its melee attack (30%x8=240% range total damage vs 100% melee damage).
- Dark Armor and its unique variant, Titan's Shroud
- Mercenary Armor and its unique variant, Renegade Armor
- Plate Armor and its unique variant, Full Metal Armor
- Reinforced Mail and its unique variant, Stalwart Armor
- Scale Mail and its unique variant, Highland Armor
- Great Hammer and its unique variants, Stormlander and the Hammer of Gravity
- Cutlass and its unique variants, the Nameless Blade and Dancer's Sword
- Power Bow and its unique variants, the Elite Power Bow and Sabrewing
- Exploding Crossbow and its unique variants, the Imploding Crossbow and Firebolt Thrower
- Burst Crossbow (Daily Trials) and its unique variants, the Corrupted Crossbow (Daily Trials) and Soul Hunter Crossbow (Daily Trials)
The specific instructions are: Smash attack sounds
|Redstone Monstrosity Theme|
The specific instructions are: sounds without background noise; more sounds
In the opening cinematic, as well as the Minecraft Dungeons banner, along with all the illagers who notably have switched weapons partially, another creature known as the Redstone Golem can be seen. It is a bit more stone-like, however, and bears no horns or mouth, two somewhat larger, slime-like eyes, more cracks, and is only about 66% the size (3.6 blocks). It also appears to be thinner and weaker.
- In the official artwork for Dungeons, the Arch-Illager is sitting on its shoulder. However, the Arch-Illager is not part of the boss fight, nor is the monstrosity a part of the Arch-Illager fight.
- On online, the Boss's HP increases by 33.33% (as well as increases damage by 17.53%) when another player plays someone's game. This means that the boss's HP increases from 100% to 200% (and damage from 100% to 150%) when there are 4 players in multiplayer. [needs testing]
- This is also applied to some other mobs.
- In the Minecraft Livestream, the redstone on the monstrosity's back doesn't seem to be glowing at all while the one in the game is glowing bright orange, red, or almost pure white.
- After defeating the Redstone Monstrosity, its head appears mounted on the mantle over the fireplace in the house in Camp.
- Before the release of Minecraft Dungeons, the trailer features some Redstone Monstrosities that were going to be added in Creeper Woods and Redstone Mines; however, they can be found only in the Fiery Forge after the full release.
- When defeated, the Redstone Monstrosity always faces south.
- The 220.127.116.11 update features a video about the Arch-Illager spawning (or teleporting) a Redstone Monstrosity out of the arena which contains Redstone Cores which is impossible in the gameplay because there is no way to get the Redstone Monstrosity out of the arena because the gates block it and the lowest gaps between one of the gate are a bit too high (1.5 blocks tall).
- There is a bigger version of this, it's called the Obsidian Monstrosity that could spawn as a level decoration (not a mob) in the Obsidian Pinnacle.