- Fix the Raid Captain Renders with true banner position (The banner should be higher and show part of the pole).
- Add Illager Chest, Threat banner and Mystery banner renders to gallery.
|— Kelsey Howard on minecraft.net|
A raid captain is a powerful mob in Minecraft Dungeons. They spawn in locations as a powerful mob such that when defeated, the mission has negative modifiers or a higher threat level, but the rewards throughout the mission are better. They are the most common type of powerful mob in Minecraft Dungeons.
- Creeper Woods
- Creepy Crypt
- Soggy Swamp
- Pumpkin Pastures
- Cacti Canyon
- Redstone Mines
- Fiery Forge
- Desert Temple
- Lower Temple
- Highblock Halls
- Obsidian Pinnacle
- Dingy Jungle
- Panda Plateau
- Overgrown Temple
- Frosted Fjord
- Lone Fortress
- Lost Settlement
- Windswept Peaks
- Gale Sanctum
- Gauntlet of Gales
- Colossal Rampart
- Basalt Deltas
- Crimson Forest
- Coral Rise
- Abyssal Monument
- Radiant Ravine
- End Wilds
- Broken Citadel
- Daily Trial
Raid captains behave like normal illagers, attacking with its axe, or shooting the hero with its crossbow. However, they deal increased damage and knockback. Raid captains only spawn within missions that have already been completed once, but not on all. Depending on the situation, there can be one to six raid captains in missions. They spawn with a group of illagers or illager allies around them, such as vindicators, armored vindicators, geomancers, pillagers, armored pillagers, mountaineers, armored mountaineers, wind callers, enchanters, royal guards, iceologers, and witches or alone, like in the patrols of the base game.
When defeated, they drop one of two banners, either threat or mystery. Threat portrays the Bad Omen icon and Mystery portrays a skull, and when picked up, the game is enhanced with modifiers (e.g. enemies have boost). At the end of the level, an extra item is given in addition to the artifact chest. Also, the chance for it to be unique exponentially increases for every Raid Captain defeated after the first.
If all six raid captains have been defeated inside of a daily trial on Apocalypse + 25, the highest power level items in the game can be collected from the raid captain chest.
- 30% of mobs have the Deflect enchantment.
- 20% of mobs have the Committed enchantment.
- 35% of mobs have the Double Damage enchantment.
- 35% of mobs have the Chilling enchantment.
- 40% of mobs have the Quick enchantment.
- 50% of mobs have the Electrified enchantment.
- 10% of melee mobs have the Chains enchantment.
- 30% of melee mobs have the Poison Cloud enchantment.
- 15% of melee mobs have the Radiance enchantment.
- 10% of ranged mobs have the Accelerate enchantment.
- 20% of ranged mobs have the Bonus Shot enchantment.
- 30% of ranged mobs have the Gravity enchantment
- 30% of ranged mobs have the Poison Cloud enchantment.
- 50% of ranged mobs have the Power enchantment
- Mob health is increased by 50-250%.
- Mob damage is increased by 50-200%.
- Mob speed is increased by 30-100%.
- Player health is decreased by 20-75%.
- Player damage is decreased by 20-60%.
- 20-35% of melee mobs are replaced by creeper.
- 15-40% of ranged mobs are replaced by pillager.
- Night mode
|Raid Captain Theme Pre|
|Raid Captain Theme Loop|
|Raid Captain Theme Post|
Pillager raid captain
Vindicator raid captain
|May 19, 2021||A raid captain can be seen in the Minecraft Dungeons Diaries.|
|220.127.116.11||Added pillager raid captains and vindicator raid captains.|
|18.104.22.168||Collecting multiple banners from raid captains now significantly improves the chance to get unique items.|
|Decreased the aggro range for vindicator raid captains.|
|Raid captains no longer appear in ancient hunts.|
- In the game files, the pillager raid captain is referred to internally as the
- In the game files, the vindicator raid captain is referred to internally as the
A promotional image for the raid captains, showing two in the Creeper Woods, with the second one being on the far left.