|This is a mission in Minecraft Dungeons.|
|— Minecraft Dungeons Guide Book|
The Pumpkin Pastures is the third location in Minecraft Dungeons. This level is unlocked after completing Creeper Woods. Upon loading, a secret is generated that grants access to Arch Haven. If it is available, it appears in the first half of the mission in a ship. It is not necessary to complete Pumpkin Pastures to finish the main story. Captured here in a secret location is the mystery merchant.
|— In-game story|
|— Opening Cinematic|
Pumpkin Pastures used to be a prosperous and peaceful land, where pumpkins grow among trees and grassy fields. The villagers mostly live closer to the village center. There were windmills that grounded the farmer's harvests, treasures in the village building, and a village bell that lies at the heart of the village. The Villagers have also constructed a ship by the water's edge in Pumpkin Pastures, where they might have used it to transport large quantities of pumpkins to far-off lands.
The illagers have raided this fertile land to chaos. Most of the villagers were captured and forced to leave behind their horses and treasures. Only one lone village somehow remains unspoiled. Heroes need to warn its inhabitants of the impending danger marching toward them by ringing the bell. As soon as the bell sounds, the Arch-Illager appears and summons a horde of dangerous mobs to thwart the heroes' progress.
|Baby Zombie||No||Stacked[note 1]||Stacked[note 1]||Stacked[note 1]|
|Chicken Jockey||No||Yes[note 2]||Yes[note 2]||Yes[note 2]|
|Chicken Jockey Tower||No||Rarely[note 2]||Rarely[note 2]||Rarely[note 2]|
|Geomancer||No||Yes[note 3]||Yes[note 3]||Yes[note 3]|
|Vex||No||Summoned[note 4]||Summoned[note 4]||Summoned[note 4]|
|Watchling||No||Summoned, DLC[note 5]||Summoned, DLC[note 5]||Summoned, DLC[note 5]|
|Endersent||No||DLC[note 6]||DLC[note 6]||DLC[note 6]|
|Evoker||No||Yes[note 7]||Yes[note 7]||Yes[note 7]|
|Raid Captain||No||Yes[note 8]||Yes[note 8]||Yes[note 8]|
|Skeleton Horseman||No||No||Sometimes[note 9]||Sometimes[note 9]|
|The Tiny Scourge||Yes||No||No||No|
- Spawns as part of chicken jockey towers
- Chickens spawn as a the mount.
- Summons geomancer bombs and geomancer walls
- Summoned by evokers
- Summoned by endersent and the Savage Eye
- Spawns during play throughs after the Savage Eye is defeated.
- Summons evoker fangs
- Spawns only if the mission have already been completed once.
- Skeleton horses spawn as its mount.
|Beenest armor||Daily Trials Only||Daily Trials Only||Daily Trials Only|
|The Plot Thickens|
A vulture is a mob-like entity seen in the Pumpkin Pastures and Cacti Canyon mission locations, where it is seen flying above the hero. They have a model in the game files, and their own sounds. They also emit ambient sounds. Their model cannot be seen in-game whatsoever, even with the use of freecam tools.
Because of it being found high in the sky, the Vulture's texture is not seen, and instead appears as an avian-like silhouette with two large wings, tail feathers, and a noticeably small head and neck, and having a robust body. The vulture model is currently black.
The Vulture's behavior mostly consists of it just flying around the hero, possibly tracking their movement, but since they're only made to improve the noise in the level. They are only seen flying aimlessly.
|Vulture caw distant|
|Vulture flaps wings|
- There are three Supply Chests in this mission, one in the ruined village right before the drawbridge, one after the drawbridge and one inside the ship.
- There are emerald pots lying around in unspoiled villager buildings, as well as emeralds in the villager ship.
- On default difficulty, one evoker always spawns as a mini boss before the main village, but sometimes, multiple evokers can spawn. The evoker boss can also be enchanted by an enchanter.
- In the loading screen for this location, two pillagers can be seen. This is possible only on Daily trials as pillagers do not appear normally on this level.
- The vulture was one of the mobs that was part of the 2019 biome vote, where it would spawn in badlands.
- In the Cacti Canyon ambient music, vultures can be heard in it.
The captured mystery merchant.
- "Nothing to see here, just giant Steve hanging out in Pumpkin Pastures…" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, January 26, 2021