The term powerful, often referred to as a miniboss, refers to a hostile mob that is stronger than most mobs. Powerful mobs use bossbars, like bosses, although their bossbars are smaller. In every mission, there are certain rooms that always spawn a powerful mob. There are mobs that can be defined as powerful mobs, but don't use a boss bar, like the Rampart Captain.
- Mainland powerful mobs
- Enderman — Stronger than the default game’s enderman, but can take damage from projectiles. It can be found for the first time in the Soggy Swamp. When encountered, this boss music plays: Enderman.
- Evoker — Illager spell-caster and a powerful mage, it can summon evil ghost soldiers known as vexes. It first spawns as a powerful mob in the Pumpkin Pastures and as a powerful mob on later levels. When encountered as a powerful mob, this music plays: Evoker. When spawned as a boss in Pumpkin Pastures the ambush music plays.
- Raid Captain — A type of powerful mob that is a stronger variant of the armored vindicator or pillager, can be found randomly in locations that were already completed by the hero. Wears an Ominous Banner on its back. When encountered, this music plays: Raid Captain
- Redstone Golem — Created in the Fiery Forge, stronger then the iron golem, but weaker than the Redstone Monstrosity. It spawns as a powerful mob in the Redstone Mines again in later levels. When encountered as a powerful mob, this music plays: Redstone Monstrosity. The redstone golem also uses the same boss music as the Redstone Monstrosity.
- Skeleton Horseman — An armored skeleton riding a skeleton horse; they usually come in up to groups of 2-4, remembering the four knights of the Apocalypse referenced in the bible. They can be found for the first time in the Cacti Canyon. When encountered, this music plays: The Four Horsemen.
- DLC powerful mobs
Ghasts and Illusioners can also be found by non-DLC owners in Ancient Hunts.
- Drowned Necromancer — A powerful variant of the necromancer. It can summon drowned and summon a ring of lightning as well as shoot many blue projectiles. The lightning bolts fall at random times. It can be found in the Coral Rise and Radiant Ravine. They also spawn in the Echoing Void levels. No music plays for this miniboss.
- Elder Guardian — A powerful variant of the guardian. It has two attacks: shooting guardian beams and ramming the hero with its spikes. It can be found as a powerful mob in Coral Rise, the Abyssal Monument and Radiant Ravine. No music plays for this miniboss.
- Endersent — A stronger variant of the Enderman. Attacks by smashing its hammer-like hands. It is the only source of Eyes of Ender which can be used to open up sections of The Stronghold. It can be found in the End Wilds and the Broken Citadel. Enchanted Endersent possessing eyes of ender on their chests can be found in the Creeper Woods, the Soggy Swamp, the Pumpkin Pastures, the Cacti Canyon, the Desert Temple, and the Highblock Halls if the hero owns the Echoing Void DLC. When encountered this music plays: Enderman. Endersent use the same boss music as the Enderman.
- Ghast — Much more powerful than its base game variant. Attacks by shooting fireballs. Spawns in the Basalt Deltas and Crimson Forest. When encountered as a powerful mob, this music plays: Ghast.
- Illusioner — Illager spell-caster and magical archer, that summons illusions of itself, spawns as a powerful mob in Lost Settlement, Frosted Fjord and the Lone Fortress. They also spawn in the Howling Peaks and Echoing Void levels. When encountered as a powerful mob, this music plays: Evoker. The illusioner uses the same boss music as the Evoker.
|Dungeons Beta||Added Evokers.|
|184.108.40.206||Added Endermen, Skeleton Horsemen, and Redstone Golems.|
|220.127.116.11||Added Raid Captains, Drowned Necromancers and Elder Guardians.|
|Powerful mobs can no longer spawn as bosses.|