A necromancer, also known as a summoner, is a powerful undead hostile mob found in Minecraft Dungeons that can summon undead mobs. They look similar to the Nameless One but are slightly smaller, about 2.5 blocks tall, and wear a purple robe with blue markings.
- Creeper Woods (Apocalypse)
- Creepy Crypt (Apocalypse)
- Woodland Mansion
- Woodland Prison
- Cacti Canyon (Adventure)
- Desert Temple
- Lower Temple
- Abyssal Monument (secret area)
- The Stronghold
- Sometimes in other levels during Daily Trials
A necromancer is a large skeleton that wears blue turfs, a cape with blue stripes near the end, a golden belt with a blue gem in the middle, has greenish eyes, and wears a gold crown-like headwear. Necromancers always hold a staff with a blue orb placed upon a stick.
- Basic attack
Necromancers use their staff to summon zombies and armored zombies to attack heroes. They summon mobs much more often than the Nameless One. Should the hero get too close, the necromancer immediately flees until they are a safe distance from the hero, and then summon mobs again.
- Strong attack
Necromancers also rapidly fire damaging laser orbs from their staff to heroes. The laser orbs deal less damage than the zombie's melee attack but more damage than the skeleton's ranged attack, and they also knock the hero back.
Upon defeating the Haunted Caller, a gilded variant of the following items will drop as a reward:
- Rapid Crossbow
- The Last Laugh
- Nightmare’s Bite
- Spelunker Armor
The specific instructions are: when necromancer orb impacts the player
- A necromancer was seen summoning drowned in the reveal for Hidden Depths. However, it was a placeholder for a drowned necromancer, the aquatic variant of the mob. Despite this, it can spawn on the land section of the Abyssal Monument.
- They have a rare idle animation where they throw their staff in the air, then strike a pose in celebration.
- Its laugh can be heard in 0:30 Caves & Cliffs part 1 trailer.
A necromancer standing with the MCD:Nameless One.