Minecraft Dungeons:Mini boss
A mini boss is a mob that is stronger than most mobs. Mini bosses use bossbars, like bosses, although their bossbars are smaller. The mobs in bold can also spawn as bosses. The chance of a mob to be replaced by a mini boss is 1%. There are mobs that can be defined as mini bosses, but don't use a boss bar, like the Rampart Captain.
Mainland mini bosses
- Enderman - Stronger than the default game's enderman, but can take damage from projectiles. It can be found for the first time in the Soggy Swamp. When encountered, this boss music plays: Enderman. Also Endermen appear in the End DLC, but are just regular hostile mobs.
- Evoker - Illager spell-caster and a powerful mage, it can summon evil ghost soldiers known as vexes. It first spawns as a mini boss and boss in the Pumpkin Pastures and as a miniboss on later levels. When encountered as a miniboss, this music plays: Evoker. When spawned as a boss in Pumpkin Pastures the ambush music plays.
- Skeleton Horseman - An armored skeleton riding a skeleton horse; they usually come in up to groups of 2-4, remembering the four knights of the Apocalypse referenced in the bible. They can be found for the first time in the Cacti Canyon. When encountered, this music plays: The Four Horsemen.
- Redstone Golem - Created in the Fiery Forge, stronger then the iron golem, but weaker than the Redstone Monstrosity. It spawns as a boss in the Redstone Mines and as a mini boss later. When encountered as a miniboss, this music plays: Redstone Monstrosity. This miniboss also uses the same boss music as the Redstone Monstrosity.
DLC mini bosses
- Illusioner - Illager spell-caster and magical archer, that summons illusions of itself, spawns as a mini boss and boss in the Lost Settlement and the Frosted Fjord and a mini-boss in the Lone Fortress. They also spawn in the Howling Peaks levels. When encountered as a miniboss, this music plays: Evoker. This miniboss uses the same boss music as the Evoker.
- Ghast - Much more powerful then it’s base game variant. Attacks by shooting fireballs. Spawns as a boss in the Basalt Deltas and Crimson Forest and can appear as a mini-boss in those same levels. When encountered as a miniboss, this music plays: Ghast.