Minecraft Dungeons:Lone Fortress
COLD AND ALONE – An isolated fortress seems to be the source of the never-ending winter. Worst of all, from somewhere deep within those lonely ramparts, something terrible screams out with rage and fury. We have to push forward through snow-covered hallways and collapsing towers to reach the heart of the storm.
|— In-game voiceover|
Deep within the lonely fortress a wraith, distorted by the shard's influence, is the source of the creeping winter. The shard must be destroyed before this Wicked Wraith can turn the world to nothing but ice and snow.
— In-game voiceover
The Lone Fortress is the place where the shard of the Orb of Dominance is located, however, a Local Wraith picked up the shard, turning into the Wretched Wraith but the heroes have defeated the Wretched Wraith and stopped the Creeping Winter.
Now that the Wicked Wraith and the orb's shard are dealt with, these tormented lands can begin to thaw.
As its name implies, the Lone Fortress is a large, frostbitten castle located near the center of the island. The castle seems to be in a severe state of ruin on the outside and inside, but still managed to survive the cold winds to be used by the local illagers for training and normal lives. Outside the castle, frozen ponds can be seen with some lilypads even stuck on the ice. Within the castle, a small library can be seen as well as various winding paths and even a kitchen and a buffet room filled with Vindicator Chefs. Various doors can be seen blocking the winding hallways, which all lead to a large indoor garden and room and a Grand Chamber where the Wretched Wraith can be fought above a frozen arena which rises from the bottomless pit. Near the exit, a dragon statue can be seen, and two paintings as well within the hallways, depicting the Arch-Illager with the words weak and foe vandalized upon it.
|Wraith||Summoned[note 1]||Summoned[note 1]||Summoned[note 1]|
- Summoned by the Wretched Wraith
|Glaive||Daily Trials Only||Daily Trials Only||Daily Trials Only|
|Totem of Shielding||Yes||Yes||Yes|
- The statues outside of the fortress resembles Enchanters.
- It is referred to as the Lone Fortress in the game files and in-game.
- After the player defeats the Wretched Wraith, the player can see what looks like a frozen version of the Arch-Illager's throne.
- There is a painting of the Arch-Illager that spells out the word, "Weak" written on it, and another with the word "Foe" on it. There is also a toppled-over throne that resembles that of the Arch-Illager.
- There is a secret farm room in the fortress that generates with cows, sheep, pigs and horses, the latter of which is exclusive to this secret area.