|— In-game pre-purchase description|
The Jungle Awakens is a paid DLC pack for Minecraft Dungeons, released July 1st, 2020. It is the first DLC in Minecraft Dungeons and is located in the Island Realms tab. It was also part of the Hero Pass along with Creeping Winter.
Jungle Awakens is set in an unnamed tropical island. The island contains jungle trees and vibrant flora in high abundance. On the west side of the island, there is the Dingy Jungle; a small lake, a cave entrance, and an offering platform. To the east is the Panda Plateau, a bamboo forest where a large panda head seems to be built into the terrain. It is likely for the cave entrance to exit out of the panda head, as there is an opening in the mouth. At the top of the island is the Overgrown Temple, an ancient run-down temple upon a hill with decorative waterfalls flowing out the sides. A small beach and several smaller islands appear on the island map, though most of the details listed do not appear in-game.
The following are included in Jungle Awakens:
|Abomination Domination||Jungle Fungus||Leader of
Mobs that are first introduced by Jungle Awakens:
- Abomination Vine (Non-attackable)
- Armored Jungle Zombie (Arcade)
- Armored Mossy Skeleton (Arcade)
- Baby Panda (Non-attackable animal)
- Black Ocelot (Unseen animal)
- Entangle Vine (Non-attackable)
- Jungle Abomination (Boss)
- Jungle Zombie
- Melee Armored Mossy Skeleton (Arcade) [unofficial name]
- Mossy Skeleton
- Ocelot (Animal)
- Panda (Non-attackable animal)
- Parrot (Pet animal)
- Poison-Quill Vine
- Quick Growing Vine
Mobs that appear in Jungle Awakens but introduced in the Mainland:
- Armored Skeleton
- Armored Zombie
- Cave Spider (Animal)
- Key Golem
- Melee Armored Skeleton (Arcade) [unofficial name]
- Piggy Bank
- Skeleton Horse (Mob-like)
- Skeleton Horseman
- Skeleton Vanguard
- Spider (Animal)
|Dungeons Beta||Exists internally: teaser poster, island map, Jungle Poison, Panda, Parrot, Jungle Zombie, Mossy Skeleton, Whisperer, Leapleaf, Poison-Quill Vine, Quick Growing Vine, Whip, and Vine Whip.|
|22.214.171.124||Exists internally: DLC title logo, soundtrack, loading screen images for Dingy Jungle, Panda Plateau, and Overgrown Temple. Added Ocelots, Melons, Oakwood Brews, Ocelot Armor, Shadow Walker, and the Jungle Abomination.|
|Changed internally teaser poster design.|
|May 29, 2020||Jungle Awakens officially revealed, with a release date slated for July 2020.|
|Jun 26, 2020||Jungle Awakens release date confirmed to be July 1st.|
|126.96.36.199||Jungle Awakens releases.|
|188.8.131.52||Added exclusive Achievements/Trophies for Jungle Awakens and Creeping Winter.|
|Fixed flickering of lowered gates in Overgrown Temple.|
|Fixed missing audio from the last button of the Dingy Jungle puzzle.|
|Fixed end door prompt of Dingy Jungle stating "Travel" instead of "Exit".|
|Fixed Panda Plateau not using loading screen image for .Secret Locations|
|184.108.40.206||Reduced volume of Mossy Skeleton shooting sounds.|
|220.127.116.11||Fixed over-sized Burning and Hunting effects on Leapleaves and Whisperers.|
|Fixed Missing sound effects on Panda Plateau cage opening, Dingy Jungle stone heads puzzle.|
|18.104.22.168||Added Thundering Growth.|
- This DLC was accidentally released early on June 30 for players on Xbox One and Windows 10 through the Microsoft Store.
- The locations within Jungle Awakens contain no illagers. Other locations without illagers include those within the Flames of the Nether DLC.
- This is the only DLC that doesn't have a Minecraft Dungeons Diaries episode on it. This is most likely because it was released not long after dungeons released, meaning that they didn't have time to make one for it.
- It was originally believed that the shard of the orb of dominance created the leapleaf and the whisperer. It was found out after rereading the original “Jungle DLC Out Today Page,” that the shard corrupted the two inhabitants rather than creating them.
The Orb shard that corrupted the entire Jungle, outside of the overgrown temple.
- "Minecraft Dungeons: On the horizon" – Minecraft.net, May 29, 2020
- "Minecraft Dungeons: Jungle Awakens" – Minecraft.net, June 26, 2020
- |”One of its shards has found its way to a lush jungle, corrupting both the land and its inhabitants.”
- "Sweat drips down your brow. A wall of vines blocks your path. A distant rumble of something stirring deep in the undergrowth. Your adventure is far from over! The first DLC, Jungle Awakens, arrives July 1st – already included with the Hero Pass!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, June 26, 2020