The illusioner is an illager that looks very different from the illusioner in Java Edition. Instead of a blue cloak, it wears a dark purple cloak and hood with dark outlines on the edges. It also has pink eyes, which makes its eyes comparatively brighter than that of the other illagers. Under its cloak is leather clothing, and it wears a belt with an iron buckle and a leather bag behind it. It also wears dark boots and is smaller than the evoker.
- Frosted Fjord (appears as a mini-boss and boss)
- Lost Settlement (appears as a mini-boss and boss)
- Lone Fortress (sometimes appears as a mini-boss)
- Windswept Peaks (appears as a mini-boss but may be replaced by an Evoker)
- Gale Sanctum (appears as a mini-boss but maybe be replaced by an Evoker)
- Colossal Rampart (appears as a boss during an ambush and sometimes as a mini-boss but may be replaced by an Evoker)
The illusioner has 3 different attacks. Between attacks, it uses Teleport and Create Duplicates.
These attack names are conjectural; an official name has not been established.
- Illusion Spell
The illusioner creates several duplicates of itself, similarly to the Nameless One. Unlike their base game counterparts, these duplicates can be killed separately. If no player is nearby when this ability is used, the illusioner and its duplicates will not appear until a player gets close. When the real illusioner is attacked or a certain amount of time passes, all the duplicates disappear and new ones appear shortly after.
After teleporting, the real illusioner will use a random attack, before teleporting and creating more duplicated.
- Blindness Spell
The illusioner casts 10 seconds of blindness on the players. While blinded, the player's attacks will have a 50% chance to miss and they will emit a black mist over their head.
- Arrow Shot
The illusioner’s duplicates will constantly fire arrows at the player, dealing a low amount of damage on contact.
- Exploding Arrow
The real illusioner shoots a pink explosive arrow that is similar to the fireworks arrow and deals much more damage then the arrows shot by the duplicates.
|Arrow Impact Normal|
|Arrow Impact Normal (Updated)|
|Illusioner Death Scream|
An Illusioner in the loading screen for the Frosted Fjord.
An Illusioner appearing as a boss in the Frosted Fjord.
- The Illusioner is the third mob in the game that appears as both a mini-boss and a boss in the same level and the only one not to appear in the base game; the Evoker and the Redstone Golem also fulfill these conditions.
- The Illusioner and its duplicates sometimes have different sounds. The real Illusioner’s death sounds are also distorted, unlike the original.
- When the Illusioner is dying, the music stops and plays a ghost screaming with death sounds, which resembles evoker's death scream but much higher pitched.
- The Illusioner has the same battle music as the evoker.
- Illusioners are one of the only illagers that weren't part of the Arch-Illager's army along with Iceologers, Wind Callers and Mountaineers.
- The Illusioner’s duplicates is a type of mob, its in-game code name is Illusioner Clone. Similar to the False King, if the player has a soul build, they were able to collect souls from those clones.
- The Illusioner is one of the only three mobs that can appear as a boss in more then one level. The others are the Evoker and the ghast.
- The Illusioner is the only fully implemented mob in Minecraft Dungeons based on an unused mob.
- Illusioners sometimes can spawn in Ancient Hunts, meaning that they don't require a DLC in order to be fought.