Minecraft Dungeons:Hidden Depths
|— Game Files on the Hidden Depths DLC|
Hidden Depths is a paid DLC for Minecaft Dungeons released on May 26, 2021, the 1st year anniversary of Minecraft Dungeons. It is the fifth DLC in Minecraft Dungeons, and takes place in an Ocean biome. Showcased at Minecraft Live 2020, it is the third Season Pass DLC after Howling Peaks and Flames of the Nether.
The Hidden Depths take place underwater, around a small group of islands. Underneath the largest island is a ridge filled with a coral reefs and a shipwreck, on the west and deeper below is an abyssal monument which harbors an Ancient Guardian, and on the east is an underwater volcano surrounded by lava, glowing underwater lanterns, and a large fossil. The levels in the Hidden Depths are huge when compared to other levels, with about fifteen secrets in the Coral Rise alone. There is a cutscene in the Abyssal Monument, which the Ancient Guardian breaks through its own lair, and starts the boss fight. This currently is the only boss fight with a cutscene, apart from the Heart of Ender.
The following is included in this DLC pack:
- Coral Blade
- Bubble Bow
- Bubble Burster
- Encrusted Anchor
- Glow Squid Armor
- Harpoon Crossbow
- Nautical Crossbow
- Nimble Turtle Armor
- Sponge Striker
- Squid Armor
- Turtle Armor
- Dashing (an underwater replacement for rolls)
- Mob remains float upward rather then falling downward.
- Drowning bar levels.
- Strong currents that push players, similar to the winds from Howling Peaks.
- Submerged Projectiles
- Ancient Guardian (Boss)
- Armored Drowned
- Armored Sunken Skeleton
- Armored Trident Drowned
- Baby Drowned
- Baby Turtle (Cosmetic pet)
- Baby Turtle (mob)
- Clam (Non-alive)
- Cod (Unused)
- Drowned Necromancer
- Elder Guardian
- Entangle Anemone
- Glow Squid
- Poison Anemone
- Quick Growing Anemone
- Salmon (Unused)
- Sunken Skeleton
- Trident Drowned
- Tropical Fish
- Tropical Slime
Mobs that were in the Mainland or previous DLC:
- Armored Skeleton
- Armored Vindicator
- Armored Zombie
- Baby Zombie
- Cave Spider
- Key Golem
- Pillager (If the Raid Captain is present.)
- Raid Captain
- Skeleton Horseman
- Skeleton Vanguard
|October 3, 2020||Ocean DLC revealed during Minecraft Live 2020 in early development.|
|May 10, 2021||The name for the DLC is revealed to be Hidden Depths and the release date of May 26, 2021.|
|184.108.40.206||Hidden Depths released.|
- This is the only DLC that does not have piggy banks spawn in any of it’s levels.
- The Hidden Depths DLC along with the Creeping Winter DLC and the Flames of the Nether DLC are the only DLCs to introduce new miniboss mobs
- It is also the first DLC to bring more than one new miniboss.
- It is currently the only DLC that does not have an Ancient Mob, but it was confirmed that it will be added in a patch update soon.
- Despite appearing in the background of the official poster, the Salmon and the Cod don’t make an appearance in the Hidden Depths DLC, rendering them unused.
- There are also wild baby turtles that can be attackable in the Coral Rise.
A squid in the Minecraft Dungeons Hidden Depths.
A big pufferfish in the Minecraft Dungeons Hidden Depths.