Minecraft Dungeons:Flames of the Nether
|— minecraft.net on Flames of the Nether|
Flames of the Nether is a paid DLC for Minecraft Dungeons that was released on February 24th, 2021. It is the fourth DLC in Minecraft Dungeons, the first DLC located in the Other Dimensions tab, the first DLC to not include the Orb of Dominance and the first to include more than three Locations, with six in total. Showcased at Minecraft Live 2020, it is the second Season Pass DLC after Howling Peaks. It is the only DLC without a final boss fight.
Flames of the Nether is based on the Nether dimension in the base game where lava can be found everywhere. The player starts in the north with a wasteland with some netherracks. Nether Wart Forests can be found to the west of it where fungi and vines grow wildly. The cyan and mysterious one is called Warped Forest while the bloody and red one is the Crimson Forest. A huge volcano lies in the south with blackstones as well as basalts surrounding its surface. Snowflake-like particles cover this region, making it identical to the Snowy Tundra. It's said that an eruption of the Basalt Deltas caused the Netherracks in the east to turn to deadly soul sands with soul fires and huge fossils lying in this biome. A colossal fortress is built right above the lava sea in the center of the Nether.
The following is included in Flames of the Nether:
|Acclaimed Acrobat||Nether Been Better||Trial by Fire|
- Bone Cudgel
- Broken Sawblade
- Cog Crossbow
- Golden Piglin Armor
- Living Vines Armor
- Mechanized Sawblade
- Piglin Armor
- Pride of the Piglins
- Sprout Armor
- Twisting Vine Bow
- Weeping Vine Bow
Note that shorter versions of these locations can be found in Ancient Hunts for non-FOTN DLC owners.
- Nether Wastes
- Basalt Deltas
- Nether Fortress (Secret)
- Warped Forest
- Crimson Forest (Secret)
- Soul Sand Valley (Secret)
- Netherwart Forest (Unused)
- Scorched Crags (Unused)
Mobs that are first introduced by Flames of the Nether:
- Armored Piglin
- Armored Piglin Hunter
- Baby Ghast (Cosmetic)
- Blaze Spawner
- Blue Nethershroom
- Fungus Thrower
- Magma Cube
- Piglin Hunter
- Wildfire (Unused)
- Wither Skeleton
- Wither Skeleton Archer
- Zombified Armored Piglin
- Zombified Armored Piglin Hunter
- Zombified Fungus Thrower
- Zombified Piglin
- Zombified Piglin Hunter
Mobs that appear in Flames of the Nether but introduced in the Mainland:
|October 3, 2020||Nether DLC revealed during Minecraft Live 2020 in early development.|
|188.8.131.52||Exists internally Nether Warrior.|
|184.108.40.206||Exists internally Information of Locations codenamed |
|Feburary 8, 2021||The name for the DLC is revealed to be Flames of the Nether and the release date of February 24, 2021.|
|220.127.116.11||Flames of the Nether released.|
|18.104.22.168||Fixed mission progress being blocked due to mismatched tiles at Warped Forest.|
|Fixed environmental fire not dealing damage to players.|
|Fixed entrapment inside the sub-dungeon's entrance on Crimson Forest.|
|Fixed sound looping for the Broken Sawblade|
|Fixed unable to stun Magma Cubes.|
- A screenshot taken from Minecraft Live 2020 displays a Soul Sand Valley biome, the info_update block, a internal block in Bedrock Edition, can be seen among the soul sand.
- In a video posted by the Minecraft Dungeons Twitter account, the Twisting Vine Bow and the Weeping Vine Bow can be seen, being the first two new items revealed for the DLC.
- There is a statue in the Nether Fortress that depicts the Wildfire, a mob that lost the Mob Vote during MINECON Earth 2017.
- This can actually be found as a mob in the game files, but was left unused due to time constraints. In the files it is referred to as the Hovering Inferno.
- Because the Orb of Dominance is not featured or shown in any way in this DLC, this is the first DLC to not include a final Boss battle.
- This is also the first DLC to:
- This is also the second DLC that does not have any Illagers, the only other one being Jungle Awakens and Hidden Depths.
- Although Wither Skeletons in Minecraft don't spawn with Bows naturally, they do here in the form of the Wither Skeleton Archer who is equipped with the Red Snake.
- Piglins and Wither Skeletons do not attack each other unlike the base game.
The Nether Wastes biome in the DLC.
The Basalt Deltas biome in the DLC.
The Nether Fortress in the DLC.
The Crimson Forest biome in the DLC.
The Warped Forest biome in the DLC.
The Soul Sand Valley biome in the DLC.
The info_update block appearing a preview for the DLC.
The Skelly skin seen in an official Twitter teaser video.
Artwork of the Nether Wastes.
- "Flames of the Nether and free update coming to Minecraft Dungeons" – Minecraft.net, February 8, 2021
- "Flames of the Nether DLC Out Now" – Minecraft.net, February 24, 2021
- However, they do occur in Ancient Hunts for non-FOTN DLC owners