|— In-game pre-purchase description|
The flames of the nether is a paid DLC for Minecraft Dungeons that was released on February 24th, 2021. It is the fourth DLC in Minecraft Dungeons, the first DLC located in the Other Dimensions tab, the first DLC to not include the Orb of Dominance, and the first to include more than three Locations, with six in total. Showcased at Minecraft Live 2020, it is the second Season Pass DLC after Howling Peaks. It is the only DLC without a large boss fight.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Additions
- 3 History
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 External links
- 7 References
Flames of the Nether is based on the Nether dimension in the main game where lava can be found everywhere. The hero starts at the north of the map, in the nether wastes mission. Nether wart forests can be found to the west of it where fungi and vines grow wildly. The cyan and mysterious one is called the warped forest while the bloody and red one is called the crimson forest. A huge volcano lies in the south made up of blackstone as well as large basalt pillars dotting its surface. Snowflake-like particles cover this region, making it identical to the Snowy Tundra. In the far east, there is a large valley made of soul related blocks, as well as mysterious fossils. A colossal fortress is built right above the lava sea in the center of the Nether.
The following is included in the flames of the nether:
|Acclaimed Acrobat||Nether Been Better||Trial by Fire|
- Artifact Charge
- Beast Boss
- Beast Burst
- Beast Surge
- Cooldown Shot
- Artifact Synergy
- Fire Focus
- Lightning Focus
- Pain Cycle
- Poison Focus
- Shock Web
- Soul Focus
Note that shorter versions of these locations can be found in Ancient Hunts for non-FOTN DLC owners.
- Nether Wastes
- Basalt Deltas
- Nether Fortress (Secret)
- Warped Forest
- Crimson Forest (Secret)
- Soul Sand Valley (Secret)
Mobs and other entities that are first introduced by Flames of the Nether:
- Armored Piglin
- Armored Piglin Hunter
- Baby Ghast (Cosmetic pet)
- Blaze Spawner
- Blue Nethershroom (Non-attackable)
- Fungus Thrower
- Magma Cube
- Piglin Hunter
- Piglin Merchant
- Strider (Mob-like sound)
- Wither Skeleton
- Wither Skeleton Archer
- Zombified Armored Piglin
- Zombified Armored Piglin Hunter
- Zombified Fungus Thrower
- Zombified Piglin
- Zombified Piglin Hunter
Mobs that appear in the flames of the nether but introduced in the Mainland:
- Broken Sawblade
- Cog Crossbow
- Twisting Vine Bow
|October 3, 2020||Nether DLC revealed during Minecraft Live 2020 in early development.|
|22.214.171.124||Exists internally Nether Warrior.|
|126.96.36.199||Exists internally Information of Locations codenamed |
|Feburary 8, 2021||The name for the DLC is revealed to be Flames of the Nether and the release date of February 24, 2021.|
|188.8.131.52||Added the flames of the nether.|
|184.108.40.206||Fixed mission progress being blocked due to mismatched tiles at Warped Forest.|
|Fixed environmental fire not dealing damage to players.|
|Fixed entrapment inside the sub-dungeon's entrance on Crimson Forest.|
|Fixed sound looping for the Broken Sawblade|
|Fixed unable to stun magma cubes.|
|220.127.116.11||Added mission narration to the Flames of the Nether Missions.|
|Fixed force field effect still being present after the gates were lowered in Nether Fortress.|
- A screenshot taken from Minecraft Live 2020 displays a Soul Sand Valley biome, the info_update block, a internal block in Bedrock Edition, can be seen among the soul sand.
- In a video posted by the Minecraft Dungeons Twitter account, the Twisting Vine Bow and the Weeping Vine Bow can be seen, being the first two new items revealed for the DLC.
- There is a statue in the Nether Fortress that depicts the Wildfire, a mob that lost the Mob Vote during MINECON Earth 2017.
- This can actually be found as a mob in the game files, but was left unused due to time constraints and resource limitations. In the files, it is referred to as the Hovering Inferno.
- Because the Orb of Dominance is not featured or shown in any way in this DLC, this is the first DLC to not include a final Boss battle.
- This is also the first DLC to:
- Although Wither Skeletons in Minecraft don't spawn with Bows naturally, they do here in the form of the Wither Skeleton Archer who is equipped with the Red Snake.
- Piglins and Wither Skeletons do not attack each other unlike the base game.
- Strider sounds can be heard throughout the Warped Forest mission, similar to the Vultures sounds in the Cacti Canyon.
The nether wastes.
The basalt deltas.
The nether fortress.
The warped forest.
The crimson forest.
The soul sand valley.
The info_update block appearing a preview for the DLC.
Artwork of the nether wastes.
- "Flames of the Nether and free update coming to Minecraft Dungeons" – Minecraft.net, February 8, 2021
- "Flames of the Nether DLC Out Now" – Minecraft.net, February 24, 2021
- However, they do occur in Ancient Hunts for non-FOTN DLC owners
- "1357725893481922565" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, Error: Invalid time.
- "1358445486945013766" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, Error: Invalid time.