The Fiery Forge is the sixth location in Minecraft Dungeons. It is a factory located under a snowy mountain that the Illagers use to create Redstone Golems and the Redstone Monstrosity. The Redstone Monstrosity resides as the boss of the mission. The hero must complete the Redstone Mines before they can explore this area.
|— In-game story|
The Fiery Forge is a large forge created by the Arch-Illager’s army as means of constructing war machines such as the Redstone Golem and the Redstone Monstrosity to wreak havoc on the Overworld. The forge is built within a mountain and is mostly constructed with decorated blocks that resemble like Polished Andesite, stone bricks and cobblestone forming pillar constructions. There is a bridge made out of stone materials leading to a temple-like area. Below the bridge are multiple pools of lava. There are also lots of Minecarts that contain Redstone that damages the hero. Large Redstone Cores can be seen in a large section near the library where they require to be destroyed to render them useless for the illagers. A small messy library is also seen here where the illagers learn about their war machine's construction and other things used for causing chaos.
The Fiery Forge lies at the very center of a mountain, a place where mighty weapons are created for destruction. The mined redstone from the Redstone Mines arrives here by minecarts. Pillagers oversee the production of myriad terrors. This factory creates Illager's machines of war such as Redstone Golems to defend the forge.
The highly explosive Redstone Cores are the ones that power the Arch-Illager's Redstone creations. One of the objectives of this mission is to activate all of the cores so that the Arch-Illager can't put them to use. Next up, the hero needs to advance into the library, where the Enchanter's spell books are being imbued with power to enhance the Illagers in battle. There are also Redstone Cubes that assist Illagers with their mining endeavors.
After destroying the forge, the hero finds an abomination made from the fires, a Redstone Monstrosity. The hero must then defeat it, then leave by mining lift.
|Melee Armored Skeleton||Yes||No||No||No|
|Redstone Cube||Summoned[note 1]||Summoned[note 1]||Summoned[note 1]||Summoned[note 1]|
|Vex||No||No||Summoned[note 2]||Summoned[note 2]|
|Raid Captain||No||Yes[note 3]||Yes[note 3]||Yes[note 3]|
|Iron Hide Amulet||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Totem of Regeneration||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Burst Crossbow||Daily Trials Only||Daily Trials Only||Daily Trials Only|
|High and Dry|
A Redstone Core is a device that can be found in the Fiery Forge. They first appear in a mineshaft-like area where the hero must activate all of them in order to proceed further. They also appear in the boss arena near the end of the mission.
Redstone cores consist of a block of redstone encased in a stone shell.
- Fiery Forge
When the hero activates a core, it will open up and start making a loud noise while charging up, it will then fire a large heat blast in four directions that will deal severe damage and some knockback damage too if a hero, mob, or pet is struck by it. By overloading the cores, the hero damages the fiery forge. They can also be used to harm the monstrosity, since they appear in the arena. Sometimes a glitch occurs making the heat blasts from the cores freeze in mid-air.
|June 9, 2019||The Fiery Forge was first revealed in the Minecraft Dungeons gameplay trailer, though it was unnamed.|
|June 19, 2019||According to Mojang Studios, the Fiery Forge is the illagers’ weapons factory.|
|Dungeons Beta||Added redstone cores.|
- In a secret area there is a Diamond Sword in an unknown block that upon grabbing will spawn an ambush. Upon defeating the ambush a door will open leading to a small room with three pillars with runes in them and an Obsidian Chest in the middle. Defeating the ambush will also slightly change the music for that area. But you still can not take the sword.
- This is the only Mainland location that isn't featured as an Ancient boss arena.
- This is also the only location that doesn't have a featured Ancient mob.
- "Fight your way through an all-new action-adventure game, inspired by classic dungeon crawlers and set in the Minecraft universe! Coming to PC, consoles and Xbox Game Pass in spring 2020. Sign up to learn more!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, June 19, 2019
- "The Fiery Forge isn’t just the Illagers’ very own weapons factory. Here, you’ll face the terrible Redstone Monstrosity! Learn more about it in our breakdown of the Gameplay Reveal Trailer. #MinecraftDungeons" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, June 19, 2019