|— In-game description|
|— Guide to Minecraft Dungeons:
A Handbook for Heroes
Listed difficulties are considered to be the minimum difficulty the item is obtainable on unless stated otherwise.
- Fiery Forge (Adventure)
- Underhalls (Adventure)
- ??? (Adventure)
- Dingy Jungle (Adventure, DLC)
- Colossal Rampart (Adventure, DLC)
- Broken Citadel (Adventure, DLC)
Exploding crossbows possess very high power, very low speed, and a very small ammo supply. The quiver starts with 20 arrows, normal arrow bundles give 10 arrows, supply chest bundles give another 20 arrows, and surprise gift bundles give 5 arrows. The exploding crossbow is a little smaller than most crossbows.
Damage caused by the arrows can be increased with enchantments, the Strength buff, and certain armor have ranged damage increases, such as hunter's armor. Also, it is the only ranged weapon in the game that is unaffected by the Deflect enchantment.
- X ranged damage
- Explodes on Impact
- Multiplier: 1.2
|Dungeons Beta||Added exploding crossbows.|
|188.8.131.52||Now obtainable from the Jungle Awakens.|
|184.108.40.206||Updated arrow impact noises.|
|220.127.116.11||Now obtainable from the Howling Peaks.|
- Including the Jungle Awakens, exploding crossbows are the only ranged weapon to appear in four DLCs.
- Exploding crossbows and it's variants are used often in speed-runs for a quick and effective route through large mobs.