The evoker's appearance in Minecraft Dungeons is similar to its default counterpart in the base game, however, the evoker in Minecraft Dungeons is slightly bigger than other illagers, about 3 blocks tall.
In the introduction, Walda the evoker is seen crowning the Arch-Illager as the ruler of the Illagers. As the Arch-Illager gets up from his throne, all the illagers except Walda bow, causing the Arch-Illager to hit Walda with the Orb of Dominance to force Walda to bow.
It appears frequently on lower difficulties and appears as a boss in the Pumpkin Pastures, sometimes in the Colossal Rampart, Woodland Mansion, and sometimes in the Woodland Prison. It even spawns in levels where illagers are not normally found like the Desert Temple and the Lower Temple. It can also appear as a standard mini-boss during Ancient Hunts.
The evoker has two attacks. It starts by summoning a stream of fangs then calls in a group of vexes. While not attacking, it attempts to stay a certain distance from the players by running.
- Summon fangs
Height: 0.8 blocks
The evoker raises its hands, enveloped in a yellow aura, then lowers them, summoning a stream of fangs out of the ground to hurt approaching players by snapping shut. The fangs appear in one of the three formations. The first is a line of 7 fangs from the evoker towards the targeted player, the second is a circle of 12 fangs around the evoker, and the third is simply fangs scattered around the evoker. This is its most powerful attack.
- Summon vexes
The evoker raises its hands, enveloped in a purple aura, summoning 4 vexes in a circle around it.
|Evoker Death Scream|
|Dungeons Beta||Added Evoker|
- In the evoker's boss fight theme, there is a "wololoo" heard in it. This is the sound they make in the base game while turning a blue sheep red. The sound itself is a reference to another Microsoft franchise, Age of Empires, where the priest unit can turn enemy units into friendly units (changing the unit's color in the process) after making a "wololoo" sound.
- When the evoker dies, it plays a new ghost screaming in the background with its death sounds. This screaming sound can also be heard in some levels such as the graveyard in the Creeper Woods.
- When the Enchanter enchants the evoker, its HP increases by only 25%.
- It's possible to stun the evoker's fangs, which causes them to simply sit in place and not snap or move. This can be done with the Snowball enchantment.
- The Battle Robe's description states that Evokers are the ones that made it. In the Redstone Mines and very rarely in the Colossal Rampart, the evoker can rarely drop its Battle Robe when killed.
- The evoker was added in the Beta, meaning that they are the first boss to be added in Minecraft Dungeons.
- The evoker raises it’s eyebrows when summoning fangs, and closes it’s eyes when summoning vexes.
- The evoker's theme in the final ambush wave in Pumpkin Pastures is the Ambush music.
- Walda the Evoker — A female evoker, was the Leader of a Woodland Mansion and orphaned Archie. In the end she put the crown on Arch-Illager's head and bows to him.
- Thord the Evoker — Archie's childhood and former bully.
The Evoker appearing as a Mini-Boss.