An enchanter, also known as a scholar, is an illager and hostile mob that enchants other hostile mobs to make them stronger and more dangerous. Enchanters are found in many missions in Minecraft Dungeons.
Enchanters are magical illagers that have the ability to enchant other mobs to make them stronger. They are seen wearing a wine-colored robe, similar to the evoker, but with more prominent gold stripes, diamond buttons on its shoulders and gold lines near the end of its sleeves, a turban-like hat with a diamond on it, and a cape with a golden outline at its end. It carries a tome which it uses to enchant nearby mobs and control villagers in their hostage and slave operations. It closes its hands like the evoker and illusioner when idle.
- Creeper Woods
- Creepy Crypt (outside)
- Woodland Mansion
- Woodland Prison
- Soggy Swamp
- Soggy Cave
- Pumpkin Pastures
- Arch Haven
- Cacti Canyon (in desert)
- Redstone Mines
- Fiery Forge
- Highblock Halls
- Obsidian Pinnacle
- Frosted Fjord
- Lost Settlement
- Lone Fortress
- Windswept Peaks
- Gale Sanctum
- Gauntlet of Gales
- Colossal Rampart
- End Wilds
- Broken Citadel
- Enchanter's Tome — meant only to be wielded by enchanters, this artifact can summon powerful enchantments.
- Soul crossbow — crafted by the mysterious evokers and enchanters of the woodland mansions.
- Basic attack
The enchanter hits the hero with its book if the hero gets too close, dealing light damage.
Enchanters enchant other hostile mobs buffing many of their stats. They shoot a magical beam to link one mob at a time, and can enchant up to two mobs at a time. Both mobs involved in the enchantment must be alive and near each other for the enchantment to be sustained; if the enchanter is killed or if the enchanted mob goes too far away from the enchanter, the enchantment ends and the mob returns to normal.
|Power||Min health||Max health|
|Enchanter beam loop|
|Enchant Book Bladder|
|Enchant book close (also plays when enchanter attacks)|
The First Enchanter is the ancient variant of enchanter encountered during Ancient Hunts with the minimum offering of . this ancient resides within a Arch Haven-themed arena and possesses, at minimum, the following enchantments:
Upon defeating the First Enchanter, a gilded variant of the following items will drop as a reward:
- Scale Mail
- Soul Scythe
|September 15, 2019||A Twitter video was released showcasing a gathering of enchanted enchanters within Highblock Halls.|
|Dungeons Beta||Added enchanters.|
|18.104.22.168||Fixed bug in which death sounds 2 and 3 would not play in-game.|
- In the game files, the enchanter is referred to internally as the
- In the game files, the enchanter’s enchanted book is referred to internally as the
- In the game files, the enchanter’s enchanted book’s beam is referred to internally as the
- Enchanters lack any stunned animations.
- The idle, hurt and death sounds of the enchanter include distorted Villager sounds.
- Although enchanters are hostile mobs, they cannot enchant each other, but they can spawn enchanted themselves as well.
- Enchanters can enchant geomancers, where it can double the geomancer bomb's damage. This also applies to the iceologer’s ice chunks.
- In a Twitter video, some enchanters are seen being attacked by Hal in the pumpkin pastures.
- Enchanters in some official Minecraft Dungeons books have their shoulders phase through their head.
- Enchanters have an unused novelty animation where they make their book fly like a bird.
- Closed arms are scaled down and hidden inside model geometry.
An enchanter's tome.
An enchanter from the Creeper Woods loading screen.
In the Lone Fortress, there are many arm-closed enchanter statues seen kneeling on one knee.
Two enchanters in the Minecraft Live 2020 intro. The one on the left holds the enchanted book, the one on the right doesn't but its arms are closed.
An armored skeleton being enchanted by the First Enchanter.
An iron golem was seen in a twitter post chasing and attacking an enchanter.
Arm-glitch enchanter with geomancer, evoker, and royal guard in the "Guide to Minecraft Dungeons" book page 36 and 37.
- "No, this isn’t a convention for academic illagers, it’s just a very unfortunate gathering of ENCHANTED SCHOLARS. These bookworms don’t attack you directly, but love to buff their fellow fiends with magic!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, September 15, 2019
- "If an Enchanter is casting a spell, take a hike. A worthy Hero waits until the spell breaks to strike!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, February 21, 2022
- "Enchanters beware! Iron Golems may be gentle giants to heroes, but are unrivaled companions in battle!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, November 15, 2021