Echoing Void is a Minecraft Dungeons DLC that takes place in The End dimension that was announced at Minecraft Live 2020 and will be released on July 28, 2021. This DLC will also likely be in the Other Dimensions tab, like the Flames of the Nether. Showcased at Minecraft Live 2020, it is the last Season Pass DLC after Howling Peaks, Flames of the Nether and Hidden Depths.
The following is included in this DLC pack:
- Ender Arrow Quiver [unofficial name]
- Ender Book [unofficial name]
- Ender Map [unofficial name]
- Soul Amulet [unofficial name]
- Ambush (Enchantment)
- Shadow Blast
- Void Strike
- Chorus Bow [unofficial name]
- Ender Blades [unofficial name]
- Ender Claymore [unofficial name]
- Ender Knives [unofficial name]
- Shulker Bow [unofficial name]
- Unnamed Shulker-like armor
- Unnamed Soul Robe-like armor
- Unnamed Ember Robe-like armor
Mobs that are first introduced by the Echoing Void DLC:
- Enderman (mob) (Possible Placeholder)
- Baby Endermite (Cosmetic pet)
- Green-eyed Enderling [unofficial name]
- Multi-eyed Enderling [unofficial name]
- Purple Hand Enderling [unofficial name]
- Purple Vex-like Enderling [unofficial name]
- Purple Worm-like Enderling [unofficial name]
- Shulker Bullet (Non-alive)
- Vengeful Heart of Ender (Boss)
Mobs that appear in the Echoing Void DLC but introduced in the Mainland or previous DLC:
- Armored Mountaineer (Possible Placeholder)
- Armored Zombie
- Iceologer (Possible Placeholder)
- Mountaineer (Possible Placeholder)
- Vindicator (Possible Placeholder)
- End Rogue
- Unknown Echoing Void skin
- In the video, the Arch-Illager is shown. However, this has been confirmed to be a placeholder.
- It will be the last DLC introduced in the Season Pass, as confirmed by Marc Watson on Reddit.
- In a video released on July 9, 2021, a tiny hint of the story was revealed in that two Endermen have found something buried within some stone located in the Overworld titled, “They have found it…”.
- A second video was released on July 11, 2021, which showed a distorted face of the Vengeful Heart of Ender peering from the void before the End Portal deactivated with the phrase, “The End… is coming!”
- In a blog post, it was revealed that the official name of mobs native to The End are known as Enderlings.
- Similar to how the Nether DLC never had a boss mission, this is the first DLC to not include a secret mission.
|October 3, 2020||Echoing Void revealed during Minecraft Live 2020 in early development.|
|188.8.131.52||The End Rogue skin is added into the game files.|
|July 9, 2021||A video of two Endermen pulling blocks away is seen, with one grabbing something glowing, being a hint to Echoing Void’s story.|
|July 11, 2021||A video of an End Portal is seen with the face of the Vengeful Heart of Ender in the void before disappearing, further hinting the story.|
|July 12, 2021||The name for the DLC is revealed to be Echoing Void and the release date is July 28, 2021.|
A Pillager can be seen near the top of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC in Minecraft Dungeons. It is likely a placeholder however.
A Geomancer can be seen near the top of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC in Minecraft Dungeons. It is likely a placeholder however.
A Chorus Flower object can be seen in the center of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC teaser in Minecraft Dungeons.
A Frozen Zombie can be seen near the top of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC teaser in Minecraft Dungeons.
A player close to an incomplete end portal.
- "It is still lots of WIP so he might have sneaked in there by mistake as a placeholder mob haha... Or...?!" – @bjorkefors on Twitter, October 3, 2020
- The main reason folks haven’t seen a lot about the end yet is that it’s the furthest out.— u/Marc_IRL on Reddit