- Somehow get in touch with the developers to find out the official names of the the three End Illagers.
- Add an icon for the Achievements and to some effects.
- Create a render for the Void Voyager and the mobs that don’t have renders.
- Add the audio for the voiceovers.
|— In-game pre-purchase description|
The Echoing Void is a Minecraft Dungeons DLC that takes place in The End dimension that was announced at Minecraft Live 2020 and was released on July 28, 2021. This DLC mostly takes place in the Other Dimensions tab, like the Flames of the Nether. Showcased at Minecraft Live 2020, it is the last Season Pass DLC after Howling Peaks, Flames of the Nether and Hidden Depths.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Additions
- 3 History
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Echoing Void is based on the End dimension in the base game. The hero starts out in a stronghold beneath a small island. The island is made up of spruce trees growing on a small hill. On the island is a short path leading from the beach to a small cave entrance. Beneath the cave entrance is the stronghold portal room, holding nothing but an activated End Portal. The portal leads to the southern area of the Echoing Void map, which is made up of floating islands with Chorus Plants and End Trees. An End City can be seen near the southeast area. Two End Gateways can be seen on the eastern side, presumably connecting the southern area and the northern area. In the northern area, multiple buildings can be seen on floating islands, which are connected via bridges. Molten Void can be seen falling from some islands. Near the northwest corner, there is a large circular area—the city’s capital— surrounded by rocks, where the final battle against the Vengeful Heart of Ender takes place.
The following is included in this DLC pack:
|Avoidable||Burning Up||Diver's Dozen||End Run||Heartbreaker||I Need Them All||Take the High Road||The Eponymous Squid||To the End!||Treasure Trove|
- Entertainer's Garb
- Shulker Armor
- Teleportation Robes
- Dipping Poison
- Levitation Shot
- Shadow Barb
- Shadow Blast
- Shadow Shot
- Shadow Surge
- Shared Pain
- Swarm Resistance
- Void Strike
Missions that are first introduced by the Echoing Void DLC:
Missions that are updated by the Echoing Void DLC:
Mobs that are first introduced by the Echoing Void DLC:
- Armored End Vindicator [unofficial name] (Cinematic)
- Blastling (Enderling)
- Endermite (Cosmetic pet)
- Endermite (mob)
- End Illager [unofficial name] (Cinematic)
- End Vindicator [unofficial name] (Cinematic)
- Guardian Vex (Summonable mob)
- Imperfect Heart of Ender (Non-attackable)
- Parrot (mob) (Cinematic)
- Shulker Bullet (Non-attackable)
- Snareling (Enderling)
- Snareling Goop (Non-attackable)
- Trader Llama (Cinematic)
- Vengeful Heart of Ender (Boss)
- Wandering Trader (Cinematic)
- Watchling (Enderling)
Mobs that appear in the Echoing Void DLC but introduced in the Mainland or previous DLC:
- Armored Drowned
- Armored Mountaineer
- Armored Pillager
- Armored Skeleton
- Armored Trident Drowned
- Armored Vindicator
- Armored Zombie
- Bee (Cinematic)
- Blacksmith (Cinematic)
- Cave Spider
- Chicken (Cinematic)
- Drowned Necromancer
- Evoker Fang (Non-attackable)
- Geomancer Bomb (Non-attackable)
- Geomancer Wall (Non-attackable)
- Gift Wrapper (Cinematic)
- Ice Chunk (Non-attackable)
- Illusioner Clone
- Iron Golem (Cinematic)
- Key Golem
- Luxury Merchant (Cinematic)
- Mystery Merchant (Cinematic)
- Ocelot (Cinematic)
- Pig (Cinematic)
- Piggy Bank
- Raid Captain
- Redstone Golem
- Royal Guard
- Skeleton Vanguard
- Trident Drowned
- Villager (Non-attackable)
- Obsidian Claymore
- Shadow Crossbow
- Void Touched Blades
- Void Bow
|October 3, 2020||Echoing Void revealed during Minecraft Live 2020 in early development.|
|October 3, 2020||In the Minecraft Live recap above, the Arch-Illager is shown. However, this was confirmed to be a placeholder from a developer tweet.|
|188.8.131.52||The End Rogue is added into the game files.|
|July 9, 2021||A video was shown of two Endermen pulling Stone blocks away in the Overworld, with one finding and grabbing the remains of the Orb of Dominance, being a hint to the Echoing Void’s story.|
|July 11, 2021||A second video was shown. This one showed an End Portal with the portal itself depicting a distorted face. This face was confirmed to be the distorted face of the Vengeful Heart of Ender’s first form peering from the void. This further hinted at the story.|
|July 12, 2021||The name for the DLC is revealed to be Echoing Void and the release date is July 28, 2021.|
|July 16, 2021||A twitter video was released on July 16 of 2021, which showcased a few hints of the DLC missions.|
|July 23, 2021||The Echoing Void episode of the Dungeons Diaries was released on July 23 of 2021.|
|July 26, 2021||The soundtrack for the Echoing Void was released.|
|July 27, 2021||A video was released on July 27 of 2021, which showcased a cutscene of going through the End Portal in the Stronghold mission.|
|July 28, 2021||Echoing Void Release Trailer is announced.|
|184.108.40.206||Echoing Void released.|
|220.127.116.11||Added Echoing Void Daily Trials.|
- It is the only DLC in which official artwork is not shown as background in Minecraft Dungeons section of Minecraft Launcher. Instead, Ultimate Edition background is shown.
- In a blog post, it was revealed that the Blastling, the Snareling, and the Watchling are members of the species officially known as Enderlings.
- From July 28, 2021 to August 2, 2021, there was a bug where Daily Trials did not appear for the DLC. A similar bug was present with Howling Peaks from the release of that DLC to Flames of the Nether.
A Pillager can be seen near the top of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC in Minecraft Dungeons. It was likely a placeholder for the Blastling.
A Geomancer can be seen near the top of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC in Minecraft Dungeons. It was likely a placeholder for the Snareling.
A Chorus Flower object can be seen in the center of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC teaser in Minecraft Dungeons.
A Frozen Zombie can be seen near the top of the screenshot of the Echoing Void DLC teaser in Minecraft Dungeons. It was likely a placeholder for the Watchling.
A hero close to an incomplete end portal.
- "It is still lots of WIP so he might have sneaked in there by mistake as a placeholder mob haha... Or...?!" – @bjorkefors on Twitter
- "They have found it…" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "The End… is coming!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "Heroes! The hour is late, the threat is real, the End is nigh! Echoing Void DLC teleports into Dungeons on July 28 – together with the game’s Ultimate Edition of all six DLCs! Read more as the story reaches its final-dimensional conclusion." – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "What are those Endermen up to? What’ve they found? Who are the Endersent? Some things must remain a mystery for now, but our FAQs have all the practical info you need about Echoing Void DLC, the free update, and the sparkly new Ultimate Edition." – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "It’s the End, but not the end! Hear from our dev team about Echoing Void – the gripping conclusion of your Dungeons' story, and learn more about the free update, the Ultimate Edition and life after the Orb of Dominance. Watch the full episode now." – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "Silently waiting, patience unabating. It’s nearly time for their attack, but in the interim here’s the soundtrack!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "Tomorrow. The End. Is. Calling..." – @dungeonsgame on Twitter
- "Pull on your elytra, count those Eyes of Ender, and pray this won’t be your end too; Echoing Void DLC is out now! With the truth finally unfolding, learn more about the gripping end to the Dungeons’ Orb of Dominance saga." – @dungeonsgame on Twitter