In Minecraft Dungeons, a boss is a hostile mob that appears near the end of location during a boss battle. Out of the thirty-seven (37) total locations in Minecraft Dungeons, Ten of them have bosses. Usually, only one final boss can spawn at each level, but two can spawn in the Obsidian Pinnacle. The Flames of the Nether is the only DLC without bosses, because the Orb of Dominance is not included in that DLC.
- Mainland bosses
Bosses accessible in the Mainland continent in the game.
- Arch-Illager — An Illager with a sideways head. Appears in all non-DLC missions to summon Ambushes and Bosses, but isn't attackable until the Obsidian Pinnacle is reached where he can be fought.
- Corrupted Cauldron — A corrupted, golem like cauldron within the Soggy Swamp.
- Heart of Ender — A large creature similar to an Enderman with 6 tentacle-looking arms. It is created after the Arch-Illager is sucked inside the Orb. It is the final boss in the main game, not counting those found in the DLCs or the secret boss.
- Mooshroom Monstrosity — A mechanical mob made of stone and redstone patches, as well as mushroom spores, sprouting out of the it's body.
- Nameless One — A large skeleton and stronger variant of the Necromancer. It dwells within an ancient Desert Temple. It also has a staff with a green orb on the top.
- Redstone Monstrosity — A monstrous stone-and-redstone machine built in the Fiery Forge.
- DLC bosses
- Ancient Guardian — The most ancient guardian of guardians that was corrupted by a shard of the orb. It resides in an abyssal monument.
- The version of the Ancient Guardian before the fight is called the Fake Ancient Guardian.
- Jungle Abomination — An overgrown monstrosity made up of various objects ranging from plant matter to debris to house a shard of the orb. It resides within an overgrown temple.
- Tempest Golem — The timeless sanctuary protector of the gale sanctum.
- Vengeful Heart of Ender — It is the final boss of the ultimate edition of the game, and resides within a broken citadel.
- The version of the Vengeful Heart of Ender is called the Imperfect Heart of Ender.
- Wretched Wraith — An unspeakable wraith that was corrupted by the Orb, proceeding to spread a creeping winter throughout the Overworld. It dwells within a lonely fortress.
- Arcade bosses
Bosses exclusive to the Arcade version of the game.
- Giant Cave Spider — A larger and enhanced variant of a Cave Spider given power thanks to the Arch-Illager, and lurks within the cacti canyon.
- Giant Royal Guard — A larger and enhanced variant of a Royal Guard given power thanks to the Arch-Illager, and dwells on the squid coast.
- Obsidian Monstrosity — A large, colossal machine made of stone and powered by crying obsidian-like blocks , and resides atop the obsidian pinnacle.
|Dungeons Beta||Added endermen and evokers.|
|188.8.131.52||Added the corrupted cauldron, redstone golems, the nameless one, the redstone monstrosity, the arch-illager, the heart of ender and the mooshroom monstrosity.|
|184.108.40.206||Added the jungle abomination.|
|220.127.116.11||Added illusioners and the wretched wraith.|
|18.104.22.168||Added the tempest golem.|
|22.214.171.124||Added elder guardians, skeleton horsemen, drowned necromancers, and the ancient guardian.|
|126.96.36.199||Added endersent and the vengeful heart of ender.|
|The powerful mobs can no longer appear as bosses.|
- The developers posted on Twitter various different titles and names each boss has.