Blastlings are tough-looking mobs that resemble normal Endermen. Its notable difference is having very thick arms with bright purple fists, which fire a purple projectile, a smaller upper body, and a purple flame surrounding its neck. On its legs, it possesses small purplish streaks and spots.
Blastlings are ranged mobs that attack the hero via a gooey purple projectiles rapidly fired from their large hands, acting as the End counterpart of the Piglin Hunter. Like other Enderlings, if a hero gets too close, the blastling can teleport a fair distance away, though they don’t seem to do it as often as snarelings and watchlings.
Blastlings have 450 HP in the code. On Default I, all mobs have 9.6% health and 12% damage of what is set in the code.
|Ranged Attack Animation|
|Ranged Attack Impact|
|Ranged Attack Projectile|
|July 12, 2021||A blastling is revealed in the official artwork of the Echoing Void logo. Were previously unnamed and referred to as purple hand enderlings.|
|July 18, 2021||A few blastlings are seen in one of the in-game images, surrounding the hero.|
|July 23, 2021||More blastlings are seen in-game, firing their projectiles at the hero in the Dev Diaries for Echoing Void.|
|July 25, 2021||The official name is revealed to be the blastling.|
- In the game files, the blastling projectile is known internally as
- It is the only type of Enderling that doesn't have Ancient variant but it can spawn as the bodyguards of the Watcher of The End (Ancient watchling).
- The blastling step sound resembles the skeleton.
- "Heroes! The hour is late, the threat is real, the End is nigh! Echoing Void DLC teleports into Dungeons on July 28 – together with the game’s Ultimate Edition of all six DLCs! Read more as the story reaches its final-dimensional conclusion!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, July 12, 2021
- "Watchlings and blastlings and snarelings, oh my! In our second deep dive with our friends at @DoubleElevenLtd we got a sneak peek at the End’s newest family of mobs: the enderlings!" – @dungeonsgame on Twitter, July 25, 2021