MINECON Earth 2018 was a livestream that was streamed for an hour and a half from 16:00 to 17:30 UTC on September 29, 2018. It featured Erin Wayne (Aureylian), Martyn Littlewood (InTheLittlewood), Yasmin Ayesha (Yammy), Chad Johnson (OMGchad), and Anthony (BigBStatz) as the co-hosts of the show.
On August 27, it was stated on ChronicleLiveUK that Nethermined, a Newcastle-based MINECON event, will be an "Official Community Event" for the first time. This is the fifth time the event is held.
- 1 Announcement
- 2 Panels
- 3 Biome chooser
- 4 Videos
- 5 Gallery
- 6 References
On April 10, 2018, it was announced that MINECON Earth 2018 will be streaming live on September 29.
There were a total of five panels; one panel during the show with Minecraft developers and four community panels after the show.
Modded Minecraft: Playing with Power
Minecraft mod developers talk about how using mods can provide more options, opportunities and fun for players.
The panelists will be discussing what modding is, and how you can do it, so it is suitable for beginners. They'll be discussing the history of modding, great mods for Minecraft and even how to make mods.
AntVenom talked about pushing Minecraft to its absolute limits, and how 'breaking' elements can create fun new ways to enjoy the game. He looked at Minecraft in a new perspective.
Hermitcraft Presents – Creating, Maintaining and Evolving An SMP
Making a Map with MCEdit
Talked about how to create custom Minecraft maps using the world editing tool MCEdit.
During the livestream, viewers could vote for one of three biomes that could be updated. The biome with the highest vote would get new features, such as terrain changes and new mobs, in the next major update. The two other biomes will also get new features, but in a later date. The other biomes will be added in future updates.
Palm trees, meerkats and oases would be added.
Baobabs, termites, and ostriches would be added.
Biome Chooser - Which Biome Should We Update Next?
Videos can be found here.
- "MINECON Earth 2018: save the date!" by Marsh Davies. Minecraft.net, April 10, 2018
- "MINECON Earth 2018: Mystery Co-hosts Revealed!" – TeamMojang on YouTube, April 26, 2018
- "Minecraft players in for a treat at Newcastle's MINECON Earthparty at Nethermined convention" by Simon Meechan – Chronicle Live, August 27, 2018.
- "Announcing: MINECON Earth 2018!" – TeamMojang on YouTube, April 10, 2018
- "Biome Chooser - Announcement Trailer" – Minecraft on YouTube, September 17, 2018
- "It will not be like last year where one biome gets updated but the rest don't- instead the vote is just choosing which biome will get updated first but all of those biomes will get updated." – u/HelenAngel on Reddit, September 17, 2018
- "Vote on your favourite biome, and it may get updated next! The two biomes with the most votes move on to round 2! #MINECON" – @Minecraft on Twitter, September 29, 2018
- "Desert is out, Taiga and Savanna remain! Vote one last time to decide which biome gets updated in Minecraft next!" – @Minecraft on Twitter, September 29, 2018