February 18, 2019
- The default install name is now "Minecraft Launcher".
- Future Launcher updates will now be smaller to download and install faster.
- There is now a "Beta Versions" toggle in the Settings page to automatically get and run beta versions of the Launcher.
- The launcher will now display a notification of new launcher versions, even if they release while the launcher is already running.
- The progress bar now updates properly in the "Prepare" phase.
- Speed of the "Prepare" phase has been improved on multi-core machines.
- Sounds now work in Minecraft versions prior to 1.6.
- The log window has been reworked and should now update much faster.
- Esperanto is now a supported language.
- The version information now shows the correct values for the "Bootstrap" part on the version page.
- Fixed configurations not being sorted properly.
- Fixed launching games from Windows UNC paths not working.
- Fixed launching games from folders with symbolic links or junctions in their paths not working.
- Fixed the launcher log listing the user's access token.
- Fixed a bug that caused the launcher to soft-lock when there was no
launcher_profiles.jsonfile on disk.
- – Cannot launch directory junction profiles.
- – Launcher can't save the game directory in profiles.
- – Beta Launcher breaks on 404 Error for non-Mojang-hosted jars.
- – Launcher does not open a window after being opened.
- – UNC path game directory not supported.
– Won't launch minecraft on already existing
%appdata%is a symlink.
– Launcher can't start if the
- – Can't use hard link in custom java executable path.
- – Long text on gray buttons is not centered and moves when hovering over it.
- – Profiles are in wrong order if there are more than ten entries in the list.
- – Launcher does not sort profiles correctly.
Video made by slicedlime: