Reason: On 1.17 snapshots Skulk detection when jumping while sneaking
Jumping is done by pressing the jump key (which defaults to the space bar on PC) or the jump button on other devices (for example the 'A' button on Xbox). If auto-jump is on the player jumps whenever they brush up against the edge of a block.
- Jump height changes
Jumping normally lets the player climb up 11⁄4 block. Players with Jump Boost I are able to jump 115⁄16 block, and with Jump Boost II they are able to jump 21⁄2 blocks. The effect also increases more with more levels of Jump Boost.
Honey blocks make players jump 3⁄16 of a block from them, meaning that they get an 85% jumping reduction.
Certain mobs are able to jump:
- Villagers (but they prefer not to jump)
- Illagers and witches when celebrating a successful raid, but otherwise do not jump when pathfinding
- Foxes, when attacking prey
- Spiders and cave spiders, when attacking
- Rabbits, as part of their normal movement
- The Killer Bunny attacks similarly to Spiders.
- Other mobs can jump only if the player is luring the mob, or if the mob is hostile. If the mob flies, or is stationary, or is a water mob (except guardians, elder guardians and turtles), it does not jump.
- Fishes flop around; they do not jump.
- Jumping was one of the first transportation mechanics added.
- The highest possible distance a player can jump without effects is over 9 blocks, using ice momentum under a 2 block ceiling.
|Java Edition pre-Classic|
|Cave game tech test||Jumping was added.|
|1.9||?||Player's jump height is increased from 1.125 blocks to 1.25 blocks.|
|1.17||20w49a||Player's jump while sneaking ignores sculk sensors.|