Java Edition pre-Classic rd-161348
May 16, 2009
If you believe you have a clean, unedited copy of this version, please post on this page's talk page.
A version called "rd-161348" is available in the launcher. However, it is not an original 2009 version, rather it is recompiled from source code with dates edited to match 2009, and also contains a terrain.png from Classic version 0.0.13a and signature files from 2013.[note 1]
- Pressing 6 will select it.
- Will disappear if in darkness or not on Dirt or Grass.
- Cliffs are now much more common.
- More humans spawn on world generation.
- Objects in the distance appear a tiny bit darker.
- The launcher variant of this version uses textures from later versions[note 2].
- Particles now follow the player's location (a player facing up will see the full particle rather than a sliver of the side).
- Made the crosshair graphic thicker.
- The block preview in the top-right corner of the screen has been flipped.
- Fixed rendering glitch where the world became invisible at certain angles.
terrain.pngfile for this version is dated May 21, 2009 03:02 UTC+2[note 1] (in Sweden), which is after this version was released. The textures in this version are replaced with ones from Classic 0.0.13a.
- The "rd" before the version number stands for RubyDung, a game Notch was working on before Minecraft, whose codebase was later reused for Minecraft.
- This is the last version to use this.
- The char.png and terrain.png files in the launcher's variant of this version have last-modified times of 21:25:46 and 03:03:00, respectively, in UTC+3. In char.png and terrain.png files from nearby versions that are identical to those in rd-161348, their last-modified times are exactly an hour earlier, i.e. UTC+2. Since time zone changes do not affect jar file contents, the launcher's rd-161348 is a repackage of the original rd-161348, during which a time zone change affected its loose files.
- The variant of rd-161348 from the launcher uses textures from Classic 0.0.13a, so its sapling texture is and its wood planks texture is .
- "rd-161348.json" , May 16, 2009.