If you believe you have a clean, unedited copy of this version, please post on this page's talk page.
May 13, 2009
rd-132328 is a pre-Classic version made on May 13, 2009, at 21:28 UTC. It is available in the launcher. The copy in the launcher is recompiled from source code, with dates edited to March 2009, making it technically not original.
- Run randomly around the map with no proper AI or movement animation.
- The first mob to be added into the game.
- 100 spawn at random positions upon world generation and loading.
- Does not save into the
- Once the world is closed and reopened, all humans previously there would have despawned and new ones would spawn in.
- Reused from Zombie Town, an abandoned project made by Notch before Minecraft.
- Are referred to as zombies in the code.
- This version contains unused functionality that will cause the player to slowly rise up to ground level if they spawn under the world. However, it is not possible to spawn under the world without modding, hence why it is unused.
- The "rd" before the version number stands for RubyDung, a game Notch was working on before Minecraft, whose codebase was later reused for Minecraft.