Java Edition pre-Classic mc-161607
This article's name is unofficial.
An official name is yet to be given to the subject matter and may change at any time.
May 16, 2009
mc-161607 is a pre-Classic version of Minecraft (Java Edition), referred to by Notch as "minecraft alpha", that was released on May 16, 2009, at 16:07 UTC. This was the first version of Minecraft released for private testing.
- The URL for Minecraft was given to users dock and fartron for testing.
- Issues reported about this version were bad mouse movement and a lack of a Y-axis invert.
- "TigIRC logs" (archived) – Archive.org, May 16, 2009, UTC–4.
- TigIRC logs: (12:07:06) notch: minecraft alpha is available. I need someone on windows, someone on mac and someone on linux!
- "Early private singleplayer alpha coming very soon" – The Word of Notch, May 16, 2009.
- TigIRC logs: "(12:08:29) notch: awesome. urls pm'd."
- TigIRC logs: "(12:08:46) dock: the mouse movement is terrible" [...] "(12:09:16) dock: it barely moves, as though it is stuck, and then jerks" [...] "(12:11:55) dock: yeah the mouselook is pretty much unusable on mac"
- TigIRC logs: "(12:09:31) fartron: i don't have that problem but i need to invert the y axis" [...] "(12:09:39) fartron: or i will constantly walk into things"