June 24, 2010
- A black vignette around the screen in dark areas.
- Rideable minecarts that can't be opened.
- Lagometer that appears when holding F6.
- Tweaked rail laying code.
- Infinite Water Source
- Infinite Lava Source
- Removed all cloth colors except white.
- The block ID previously used for light gray cloth is now used for white cloth, meaning that white cloth (ID 36) has technically been removed as well in some sense.
- Now drop white cloth instead of gray.
- New save format
- (made world files huge)
- New crash report screen
- World generation tweaked to make mountains less tall, mainly to avoid mountains getting cut off by the height limit.
- Fancy clouds' texture has been changed.
- Improved performance.
- Fixed crashes.
- When turning on a minecart track while riding a minecart, the camera turns in the opposite direction of the minecart (e.g. minecart turns left, camera turns right).
- Minecarts have unopenable ghost chests in them.
- This is the version that introduces the famous Far Lands jitter effect (see Java Edition distance effects#History for more info).
- Chunks sometimes don't save.
- Here's a review of something I recently bought – The Word of Notch, June 25, 2010