February 27, 2010
- Restores 20 × 10 health, making it the best food in the game.
- Crafted from 8 blocks of gold surrounding an apple, which are still unobtainable.
- Worlds now generate infinitely
- At X/Z: +1,024/-512, the skybox around the world stops rendering, giving way to a blank light blue sky. At around X/Z: 65,536 blocks away, the hitbox begins to lose its shape. At X/Z: 131,072, the gaps between chunks begin to become jumpy and distorted. These effects begin to double every exponent of two that the player walks from here. At X/Z: 2,097,152, the effects become so severe that the world seems to not render completely at certain angles. At X/Z ±16,777,216, blocks are no longer solid, allowing the player to fall and hit a layer of lava, however the player can still swim through water. At X/Z ±33,554,432, this version's "Far Lands" start to generate. At X/Z ±2,147,483,647 (32-bit integer limit), terrain disappears completely and the game crashes.
- The terrain generates much like it did during Classic.
- The world now only generates grass, dirt, stone, water and dandelions for the terrain, and bricks and obsidian for generated structures.
- As the world now generates infinitely (or at least to 32-bit integer limit), the world generation breaks at X/Z ±33,554,432, making all terrain go to maximum possible height.
- Are a giant wall of stone blocks that go from sea level to the height limit.
- Generates at the exact same positions regardless of world seed.
- Generate at 0 on X and Z axes.
- Used to mark the center of a world.
- A 1536×1536 test skybox, which is completely blue (hex: ). #0000FF
- Blocks no longer update on their own.
- This means that sand and gravel do not fall, crops and saplings do not grow, sponges do not work, and liquids do not spread.
- No longer generate in the map and are now unobtainable by normal means.
- Map configuration
- Map theme, map shape, and map type no longer have any effect, as all Infdev maps are of the same type.
- Level saving
- Level saving is no longer functional, as saving a level produces an empty .mclevel file.
- Entities "no longer work".
- As a result, mobs no longer spawn, third person view does not render the player (although the camera is still pulled out), blocks no longer drop anything, and dropping items effectively deletes them.
- The player can place a block inside themselves.
- The skybox cuts off after a while.
- Chests and Furnaces crash the game when opened.
- Some blocks do not display their textures when placed (Fire, Gears, Torches, Crops). They can still be selected though.
- Furnaces do not have a face.
- Fire cannot be extinguished normally. Punching the fire instead punches the block behind it. Mining the block below it turns the fire invisible, though it is still there. Placing a block on the fire (replacing the fire with the block) will remove the fire.
- Torches cannot be placed on the sides of a block.
- An early developer screenshot showed this version marked as "Minecraft Indev".
- This is the first time the world height was decreased.
- This is currently the only version of Infdev that is lost.