February 2, 2010
- Debug info
- Added new splashes:
- As seen on TV!
- 100% pure!
- May contain nuts!
- Better than Prey!
- More polygons!
- Limited edition!
- Flashing letters!
- Made by Notch!
- Coming soon!
- Best in class!
- When it's finished!
- Absolutely dragon free!
- More than 4000 sold!
- One of a kind!
- 700+ hits on YouTube!
- Spiders everywhere!
- Check it out!
- Holy cow, man!
- It's a game!
- Made in Sweden!
- Uses LWJGL!
- Reticulating splines!
- Alpha version!
- Keyboard compatible!
- Generates splash particles when swam in.
- Pushes out items
- No longer generates on the surface of Normal themes worlds.
- Now hurts mobs
- But items are still safe from TNT explosions.
- Pushes away entities.
- No longer require a pickaxe to break the block, although a pickaxe breaks it much faster[note 2]
- No longer be destroyed in fire or lava.
- Shadows display under dropped items.
- No longer go into hidden inventory slots once a save is reloaded.
- Harder materials no longer require better tools.[note 2]
- Mining underwater or in the air is now slower.
- Swords deal less damage.
- Mining tools can now hit mobs. Their damage depends on the type and tier of tool.
- Re-added Pigs, Sheep, Skeletons, Creepers, Zombies and Spiders
- Monsters are passive due to their hostile AI missing.
- Sheep spawn with no wool due to their AI for eating grass not working.
- All mobs have 10 health.
- Removed Humans.
- Changed pickup animation for arrows and dropped items.
- They now get sucked up when the player walks onto them.
From the previous version
- Flowers no longer spawn with dirt under them.
- Standing with your head inside non-solid blocks no longer causes extreme fog.
- The 23:27 UTC blog post announcing this version's release occurred 4 minutes before this page's client jar was packaged (23:31).
- The blog post features Notch talking about not yet getting mobs to function, yet gameplay of this page's client jar contains all of the old mobs, with animation.
- While some sources imply that this version was released on February 3, it was actually released at 23:31 UTC on February 2 (which is 00:31 on February 3, Sweden time).
- This has been verified during gameplay of this page's client jar, dated February 2, 2010 23:31 UTC.
- "No functioning mobs today, unfortunately" – The Word of Notch, February 2, 2010.