January 31, 2010
A version of Indev 0.31 was released on January 31, 2010, at 22:45 UTC.
- Added support for older mob models.
- Comprises all of the buttons and text for both the main menu and the pause menu.
- Has a game logo and dirt background which slowly scrolls.
- The yellow lines of text pulsates on the menu screen. They are randomly chosen from the list and often feature references to popular culture (e.g. websites, quotes, and video games).
- Added first splash:
- Texture can now be seen while underwater.
- Swimming creates bubble particles.
- Now emit light.
- Now create liquids even if any previous attached liquids were removed.
- Now use the wooden plank texture on the bottom instead of the log texture.
- Now get destroyed by fire and lava.
- Flint and Steel removed from the hotbar.
- Swords are used to deal more damage than punching.
- Diamond Sword: 16 × 8
- Gold Sword: 4
- Iron Sword: 12 × 6
- Stone Sword: 8
- Wood Sword: 4
- Higher tier tools mine faster.
- Tools now take damage when used.
- Diamond: 257 durability
- Gold: 33 durability
- Iron: 129 durability
- Stone: 65 durability
- Wood: 33 durability
- Flint and Steel: 65 durability
- Swords take 1 damage when hitting a mob and 2 damage when breaking a block.
- Have been removed from the game.
- Changed block shading on the sides of blocks for a third time in Indev.
- Fullscreen mode now makes the hotbar, GUI's and text slightly larger.
- Punching mobs deals 1 damage.
- Bedrock now appears at the bottommost 2 layers of the world.
- The Lava sea will only generate whenever caves cut through the top layer of bedrock.
- The bottom layer of bedrock can very rarely have gaps.
- From the previous version
- The number on hotbar items no longer pulses when new items are picked up.
- Minor bug fixes.[more information needed]