January 24, 2010
- New particle effect for harvesting blocks.[note 2]
- The player can no longer drop whole stacks of items, and must instead drop one at a time.[note 2]
- Now get destroyed by fire and lava.[verify]
- TNT explosions will lose power when going through stronger materials.[note 2]
- Now produce smoke particles.
- Now deals more damage.
- You can no longer make triple chests.
- The jar of this version is dated January 24, 2010 at 23:10 UTC.
- This has been verified by gameplay from this version's jar dated January 24, 2010 at 23:10 UTC.
- "Ok, /indev/ appears to have been updated again within the last 20 minutes..." (archived) by betasword – Minecraft Forum, January 24, 2010.
- Tile particle emittors, better explosions, and ads – The Word of Notch, January 25, 2010
- "HOLY! smouldering to the tnt!!! explode a tnt and watch the dust fly!" (archived) by gigaman – Minecraft Forum, January 24, 2010.
- "TNT seems to kill you a lot more." (archived) by Ladon – Minecraft Forum, January 24, 2010.
- "You can no longer make 3 chests. :sad.gif:" (archived) by dehodson – Minecraft Forum, January 24, 2010.