December 31, 2009
- Re-added block drops and primed TNT.
- Act different from their Classic counterparts, because instead of falling then spinning while glowing, it instead drops like the entity sign similar to the one in Survival Test.
- Other entities such as arrows and non-Rana mobs have still not been re-implemented.
- Removed the "pulse" from hotbar items when new items get added to their stack.
- Can now be dropped with Q.
- Functionless non-block items
- Were 2D models at the time.
- All items are given to the player in their inventory.
- Hotbar now only contains 99 TNT and bookshelves.
- Now get placed instead of eaten.[verify]
- Placing an item into an armor slot, then taking it out and dropping it with an open inventory allows you to grab the armor sprite item. (see gallery)
- Note that placing the sprite down causes it to disappear.
- This is the last version released in 2009 and in the 2000s decade.
- This is the first version to introduce items that do not correspond to blocks, which initiates the distinction between "items" and "blocks" in the game.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20091231.log. December 31, 2009 (UTC−5).