Reason: The two versions should perhaps have seperate pages - literally, all of Indev is a reupload, since there's no version numbers to identify them apart in-game, but it would be silly to have all of Infdev on one page. As such, in-223-2 and in-223-3 should both count as their own versions
If you believe you have a copy of this version, please post it on this page's talk page.
December 23, 2009
- Emits light.
- They are different from their size (13 pixels instead of 10 on the next version (Java Edition Indev 0.31 20091231-1).
- If the player places a torch on the ground next to a wall, so the torch will be attached to the wall. It is possible to do a flying torch by placing a torch on the ground, then by breaking the ground. It's also possible for flowers, mushrooms and saplings (since the appareance of saplings (Java Edition pre-Classic rd-161348) until the version Java Edition Indev 0.31 20100202) except that the torch will stay in the air forever.
- Can now grow in slightly lit areas.
- Do not decay in slightly lit tiles.
- Now produce shadows.
- The ground immediately around tree logs is now dirt due to this.
This version was recompiled and reuploaded to fix an issue where players were having difficulty downloading the pre-reupload due to an incorrect al_version.
- IRC logs on Archive.org; #minecraft.20091222.log. December 22, 2009 (UTC−5).
- Tree shadows, grass growing in slightly lit tiles, and torch tiles – The Word of Notch, December 23, 2009
- IRC logs: "A9:00:31 <Iguana> What's in the new update? [...] A9:01:10 <08Notch> torches" (15:00 UTC)