Java Edition Combat Test 7c
August 14, 2020
Combat Test 7c is the seventh experimental version of a future combat revision. Although it is a development version for a future release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.16.2. This version was released only on Reddit, so it does not appear in the launcher or in any Minecraft.net blog post.
- Made weapon enchantments available to axes if they are applied from a book in an anvil.
- Removed bow inaccuracy for holding too long.
- Returned the "200% time" attacks ("charged" attacks below) and the +1 reach bonus.
- Missed attacks do not count as charged and are still fast.
- Players cannot get the reach bonus while crouching.
- Added a hard-coded single tick to the attack rate when auto-attacking, instead of being 20% slower.
- Returned sweeping to only work for charged attacks and when having the Sweeping enchantment.
- Returned base reach to 2.5 blocks.
- Removed the eating interruption for getting hit.
- Returned the attack indicator.
- Shields now add a 50% knockback resistance when active.
- Shields are now always instant.
- Shields protect against 100% explosion damage.
- From the previous development version
- Netherite weapons have updated stats.
- Using shields while crouching is now no longer desynchronized when attacking air.
- Players in spectator mode can no longer sweep in the air.
- Knockback attribute no longer have a random chance to completely prevent knockback.
- Fixed player speed bug for crouching vs using shield.
- Combat Tests 7 and 7b were secret development snapshots tested by selected members of the community ("@CodingCookey and his friends" according to jeb_'s reddit post). There are no official post about these combat tests.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.
- "Combat test snapshot version 7c" – u/jeb_ on Reddit, August 14, 2020
- "What's new in Minecraft Combat Test Snapshot 7c ?"– slicedlime on YouTube, August 14, 2020