August 7, 2020
Combat Test 6 is the sixth experimental version of a future combat revision. Although it is a development version for a future release, this combat experiment is a fork of 1.16.2 Pre-release 3. This version was released only on Reddit, so it does not appear in the launcher or in any Minecraft.net blog post.
- Bow and arrow accuracy now slowly decreases the longer the player keeps the bow charged.
- This is accompanied by a wobbling animation that gets progressively more intense.
- Arrows are now 100% accurate by default.
- Player momentum is added to thrown projectiles, but only in the direction the player is aiming.
- Entities with bounding boxes smaller than 0.9 block (such as rabbits and bats, for example) now have them inflated to that value.
- Increased base reach from 2.5 to 3 blocks, and removed bonus reach for delayed attacks.
- Missing an attack now only puts a 4 tick delay until the next attack, regardless of weapon.
- Removed "Coyote Time", which was introduced in the previous combat test.
- Reverted eating speed to 32 ticks (1.6 seconds).
- Eating is now interrupted if something hits the player.
- The player now naturally heals every 40 game ticks (2 seconds) instead of every 60 game ticks (3 seconds).
- Natural healing drains food points 50% slower.
- Reintroduced the rule that sprinting requires more than 6 points of food.
- Removed the attack indicator completely, since it is no longer used by any systems.
- Shields only protect up to 5 damage for melee attacks (still 100% against projectiles).
- Shields recover faster after an attack.
- From the previous development version.
- Fixed knockback calculation.
- Fixed damage value on items being off-by-one client-side.
- Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to attack/interact after respawning.
Video made by slicedlime:
- Unzip this file in the .minecraft/versions folder.